Where are we??
HELLO mi familia!!!!:) Haha that's Spanish we don't speak that over here but just wanted to say HI FAMILY!!!!:) Man well here we are another week gone just like the last I am truly to the point where I feel like weeks are days and months are weeks. Why does it go so fast we will never know but I guess that is why we just grab on and hold on tight! I think back at the beginning of my mission and the first timed we Skyped and how we all cried because we all missed each other and then 2 weeks ago we Skyped and I cried because I don't want to come home. I was thinking this past week and wondering why do I feel like this? I mean man I have worked my guts out the last 2 years my life has changed I have helped change others lives it's time for me to come home and see my family and spend time with them and move on with life. (School, work, marriage, etc.) Man I love you guys so much and am so beyond excited to see you guys and spend time with you guys but for some reason I don't want to leave. I feel accomplished on my mission and that I have done a good work and have done what I have suppose to have done but yet I still don't want to come home. I can tell from your guys emails that you guys are beyond excited for me to come home and yous have been counting down for a while now but I sit over here in Australia wishing the days I have left would go up. I feel bad at times feeling this way because I know you guys are so excited for me to come home but if President Back was to ask me if I would serve for another year or go home at the end of July I would have to believe that i would say that I would serve for another year. You know Mum and Dad it is weird isn't it? Right now I am going through a hard time on my mission but yet I don't want to come home because of it. I have had trials and gone through things on my mission that I never thought I would go through but I have learned as I have gone through these things I have come to know my best friend Jesus Christ and really how much His Atonement can do for us in our lives. Haha but Mum don't worry when July 25th comes I will be getting on that plane coming home whether I want to or not and I will be excited to see you guys but a part of my heart will always stay here in Australia and on my mission. Just letting you know how I feel.
Trials we face in LIFE
I just want you guys to know that no matter what trial we face in life God will never give us something that we can handle and overcome. As we rely on Him and turn to Him for strength, help, support, and love He will always be there and will help us in our greatest time of need. We need not have to worry about being alone in this life and this fight because we are never alone. As we turn to Him we will see Him lifting us up and carrying us to the finish line and over the hill of the trial but we just have to believe and trust in Him. I have learned this over and over again on my mission but I can recall one time and experience that I learned this deeply. So it was a little over a year ago when I was serving in MacArthur with Elder Plata. It was those 2-3 months when I found out that I struggle with depression. As I was in the middle of going through that trial I remember multiple times just wanting to give up, just throwing in the towel, and saying no more I'm done! Every night I prayed harder then I have ever prayed before and I remember time and time again being comforted by the Spirit and drifting off to sleep. The next morning I would wake up and it would start all over again but every night I would conclude with a prayer that would bring just a little bit of hope and peace and comfort. I look back now and still wonder at times how I overcame that trial and came out of the depths of despair. I think about times when I still struggle with this and I remember something that a faithful member in the Church and a very close friend of mine once said, "depression is not a one time trial where you struggle with it once overcome it and then never deal with it again it is something that you constantly are working against to overcome something that we fight against for the rest of your life." Naomi Shoobridge I believe this to be so true! Since my first fight against this mountain of a trial at times I still struggle but what gets me through is my trust and love I have for my Savior Jesus Christ. He is there and He does know and love me. He does care about me and when I struggle at these times He carries me up the mountain. Why do we have trials Helaman 12:3 so we remember God and Jesus Christ. How do we overcome trials through Him who was sent to save us. Jesus Christ is the key He is the core He is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. No matter what we go through we can overcome and triumph! HOLD TO THE ROD AND NEVER LET GO
Trade off's
| Elder Stott and Elder Johnson- way to represent Cache Valley! |
So
this week! :) It's been a good one very very busy man me and Elder
Paie always wonder where the time goes. We have transfers coming in 2 weeks
and man we hope and pray that we stay together but we know all is in
the Lord's hands. This week we have had a couple of trade-offs so we
had to miss out on each other for a couple of days and man it made me
realize how much I love that guy! It is just such a bummer that we live so far away from each
other but I guess that is just giving us an excuse to have to go to
Tahiti.:) The first trade-off was with an Elder that is serving in
Wollongong his name is Elder Johnson haha it made me think about my
trainer. The next trade-off was up in Mittagong with guess who????
Elder Lammi!!!!! Man it was great to be back with that guy for a day
and it was great to talk about Merimbula but it made me miss it though.
However I love it here in Dapto so much it's a great place, area, and
ward and I hope that this is where I will finish off my mission with my
beloved companion Elder Paie.:) We will just have to see. Other then
that the week has been busy but nothing real exciting. Pray for H_____she is sick right now so we haven't been able to see her this week and
pray that we will be able to find some people to teach. Love you guys
all so much hope yous have a great week!! Haha you get it twice in this
letter. HOLD TO THE ROD AND NEVER LET GO
Love Elder Stott
| Running in the Shellharbor park run |
No comments:
Post a Comment