First things first Mum and Dad I love you guys!!! Mum I want to thank you for your email today. What you said really hit me. Thank you. How you talked about my time coming for me to come home and it will be time because there are people back home who need my help. You know I haven't thought about that I guess I have just been so lost and caught up in the work over here in Australia that at times I forget about myself and those I love back home. You know over these past 2 years I have tried to give everything I got and leaving and give everything over to the Lord because I know He will take care of me as I do so, but like you talked about Mum as it is coming time almost for me to come home it will come time to focus once again on those that I love so much and cherish so close in my life and that is my family back home who I have taken a break from for 2 years to help others. I think of all of the best friends that I have over here in Australia and how much I love them but I think at times I have forgotten about all of my best friends back home in Utah. How all of them are waiting for me and just like you talked about Mum one of my bestest friends is my Dad.
Happy Father's Day Dad!!!
Dad today is Father's Day for you guys back home in America so I wish to say Happy Father's Day!!!! Haha I definitely got your genes cuz whenever I think about you and me I automatically start to tear up.:) Man but Dad where do I even begin but by saying Thank you and I love you! You know I see a lot of people especially when I was going to High School and over here in Australia on a mission of relationships sons have with their dads. And that's what it is a Father-Son Relationship. But you know Dad I see our relationship like that but also so much more! I also see us as Best Friends! Dad I want you to know that you are my Hero! I look up to you so much and want to be just like you when I get older! You are a Stud! Haha do you know what that means? That's a word that us kids use to explain a cool guy or our best friend. Dad I love you and am so grateful for you in my life. I think of all of my best friends in my life and of course Number 1 is Jesus Christ but Dad guess who Number 2 is? I mean I love Josh Watts and Joe Krusi and Ryle Spackman and Wyatt Jepson and Cole Lindsay but above all of them someone I know I can trust with anything and everything is you!!!! You are my second best friend Dad and no one ever will beat that. I love Mum and I love Dani and Caleb and my two nephews so far and I will love my future wife with my whole heart but you Dad will always and forever be my Hero! My Best-Bud someone I know will always be in my corner that no matter what will always love me and support me. I think about how awesome you are! I mean you know how to do everything! From fixing cars, to building stuff, to fixing odd jobs around the house, to being firm in the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, to being an awesome Dad, to being a terrific Grandpa, to being a great friend. I mean what more could a son ask for in a Dad. Nothing Dad your amazing and I love you so much! Haha funny thought but I think about my future wife and when she will look at you as my Dad and then look at me haha she'll probably ask what happened? :) I wish to be like you and man I hope to follow in your foot-steps Dad. Thank you for everything! You know what I am most excited about when I get home? I mean I am excited to sleep in again and hang out with my friends and watch movies and go on dates but what I am looking forward to the most is hanging out with you Dad! Man I cannot wait to go golfing with you and I am so keen if you want to go the next day after I get home let's do it! Haha I might be a bit tired but just so excited to hang out with you again. Super excited to go and eat burgers together and watch movies and mostly sports again haha man I have missed B-Ball and Golf. I am excited to have Gospel Talks with you and soon we can both talk about our Missions!:) I know I have already said it but thank you thank you thank you for everything you have done and have taught me in my life! I look up to you so much and I know I can trust and turn to you for anything and everything as well as Mom. That helps me so much to know this as I will be coming home that I can always rely on you for help and support. Thank you Dad Love you and Happy Father's Day!!! Go Ricky!!!!:)
So
this week?!
Man it's been great holy cow it's gone fast they just
always go faster and faster and man being in your last transfer days
seem like hours now!:) Me and Elder Paie oh my gosh are having the time
of our lives together!!! That is what I really wanted as I came
towards the end of my mission is to just enjoy the last stretch and to
have the time of my life and with Elder Paie my best friend we are doing
exactly that!
We are finding the fun in everything even when we are
cleaning our car or doing tedious things like numbers since we are both
in leadership. We talk about how our time is coming to come home and we
both feel the mixed emotions of excitement but also bitter sweet ending
to a wonderful ride and journey. We are helping one another and we
both love and serve one another and I know we have a friendship that
will last forever no matter how far apart we live from each other. Haha
but what I labeled this letter this week me and Elder Paie have found
out to be true. You know both of us have just worked so hard on our
mission I remember when I first went down to Merimbula. Up to that
point on my mission I had worked very hard but when I got down there I
just wanted to give it everything I had and that is what I did down
there and I saw miracles and blessings because of it. Now as we are in
our last transfer there are things that we want to do but at times it is
hard to find enough energy to do so. The fatigue is starting to hit us
and not to lie with it being so cold in the mornings and our nice big
beds and the warm blankets and heaters it is hard to get up out of bed
some mornings haha but we know soon we will be able to sleep in and take
naps freely and not have to feel bad about it afterwards.:) This
drives us at times to get up but it still is hard but we are managing
and will manage until the end. We are Finishers maybe not Sprinters at
the end because we don't have much left in the take but we are both
Finishers and we both are going to finish!!!:) Like I said we are
having so much fun together and loving our last transfer together here
in Dapto. The work is going good slow and steady like usual we are
focusing a lot on the YSA right now and it's going good. H____ is doing
good just slow and steady and everyone in the District is doing good as
well.:) It's a change to be in leadership again and to be a District
Leader but it's also good. I enjoy watching over and helping the other
missionaries with things that they need and I try my best and I just
hope that I am doing a good enough job. The Sisters are doing good and
we were all thinking the other day how we all got to become such great
friends. Haha with one of us from Malaysia with the other from Tahiti.
One from Iowa and me from Utah. It was cool how we all saw what has
brought us together all the way over here in Australia and that is our
belief in God and our desire to serve Jesus Christ. Not the cool thing
to do in the world today but when it's true it's true and you pursue
that what you love and know to be right. Friends Forever!!! All is
well and we are looking forward to a good week this coming week and see
what lies in our paths. I testify of the truthfulness of the Book of
Mormon and that it really is the word of God, not meant to replace the
Bible but meant to work with the Bible in testifying of Jesus Christ.
Love you guys have a great week! HOLD TO THE ROD AND NEVER LET GO!!!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
Love Elder Stott

No comments:
Post a Comment