Haha don't worry the ENERGIZER BUNNY isn't dead yet!:) I can now finally say that it has hit me and man oh man did it hit my like a freight train. This past week it has hit me that I have one month left on the mission and I have finally let myself acknowledge that fact and learn to just accept it. You know it is all just so crazy because at time I look at my mission and it all seems just like a big dream. When you have a dream you can't control what happens and this is like a mission. But in a dream it's good just like a mission. You know of course there are hard times in a dream where things don't go the way you want it to but there are also good times in a dream that are far better then you could have thought. There are scary times in dreams just like on a mission but there are also very happy and bright times. I think of my mission like a dream because my mission I feel like has gone just as fast as a dream does. I was looking through my pictures at the beginning of my mission in the MTC and I thought about how that was yesterday because that is what it feels like but in all reality it was 23 months ago! I think of how fast it has all gone but how I also see my mission as a whole the biggest blessing ever! I think back over my mission and I feel peace and I feel accomplished.
No Regrets
So many people say to not have any regrets on your mission but in all honestly that is impossible because for us to have no regrets means that we have to make no mistakes and for that to happen we have to be perfect and that is just not possible or logical in this life. Do I have regrets over my mission people will ask? I have never really done anything super bad on my mission I have always tried to be a good, hard working, obedient missionary and not a burden for our MP but a blessing. I believe I have achieved this but I am in no wise perfect. I have made mistakes as a missionary time and time again but I have learned and grown from these experiences applied the Atonement of Jesus Christ, Repentance and come out on the other side a better, changed person. So do I have any regrets? Yes I do because I am not perfect but I don't think it is a bad thing to have regrets as a missionary because that means we are humble, teachable, and willing and wanting to do better. I have tried my best and that is all I can do and that is all that is expected of me. D&C 4:2 "Therefore oh ye that embark in the service of God see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength..." It doesn't say that we have to be perfect but we just have to give everything over to the Lord. I believe that i have done that as a missionary and I can testify that I have been blessed because of it. Haha it make's me smile as I look in the mirror and look at who I have become over these past 2 years. In all honestly I would have never guessed I would be who I am today. I have strengths that I never thought I would have and weaknesses I never thought I would struggle with. I look at who and what I want to become when I come home and that has completely changed from when I left for a mission. I don't see the Gospel of Jesus Christ as part of my life but that it is my life. I truly see who my best friend is and how I want to follow Him the best that I can. I mean the list could go on and on and on and you guys will get to hear the list when I return home and ask as many questions as you guys want. :) You know my mission has changed me and I know I will never regret this decision that I have made The Church is True, God Lives and Jesus is the Christ!
Time is Flying
So this past week has been a great one and so much fun! The days continue to fly by and both me and Elder Paie know before we know it we will be back home and so we both try our best to enjoy everything down even to the little things. So the reason I titled this letter this week is because the goodbyes have officially started. :( This was one of the hardest goodbyes but one that will not last because I will see both of them when I get home. Last Wednesday we had to say goodbye to President and Sister Back.
They go home this coming Saturday but we had our last meeting with them with our District at the mission home on Wednesday. There final training that they gave was an answer to my prayers I have actually had a lot of prayers answered and personal revelation this week. Earlier this week and the past couple of weeks I have been wanting to make some plans and set some goals for things I want to do when I get home but nothing really seemed to come. I would study and pray and try and write some things down but nothing came and then we had our last training from President and Sister Back and what they told us was exactly what I was trying to figure out. President gave us 4 points that we should focus on when we finish our mission and come home that will keep us on the straight and narrow. I know and am so excited to apply these when I get home and they were an answer to my prayers. They helped ease my nervousness and dread of coming home. Man it was hard to say goodbye to President and Sister Back but at the same time I know I will see them again real soon. What a blessing Utah is! I also received another answer to my prayers that was a very personal worry that the Lord comforted and answered to me during the Sacrament on Sunday. Always remember Brothers and Sisters that we all can receive personal revelation for our lives and that we can and will be guided by Him above as we diligently ask and look for an answer. Life is great what can I say more! I am enjoying the journey of a life time with my best friend Elder Paie and finding peace and happiness in helping others. People sometimes ask us you guys must have a perfect life because you guys are so happy. Haha I wish!!! I would tell them, but it is because of what we know is what makes us so happy. We all have trials and hard times but because of the things that we know and believe is what helps us so much. I look forward so much to the last month of my mission and to see what me and Elder Paie can do to help as many people as we can and also to prepare for coming home. My life over the past 23 months has been in the hands of our maker and it will continue to be for this last month and for the many years to come in the next chapter of my life. I love all of you guys have a great week and always remember HOLD TO THE ROD AND NEVER LET GO!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment