New Person in My Old Life
In a blink of an eye here we sit once again emailing each other. How fast it all goes continues to blow mine and my companions minds. It is now June! In seven short weeks we will be home with our families back to our normal lives trying to fit in as new people into our old lives before the mission. Now I can't lie to you guys and not say that I am not nervous because when I think about it I am nervous out of my head! I am so scared for the future and for the unknown. I feel like a completely different person and so me coming home as a different person I don't know how I am going to fit in. The thing I am the most scared about is returning home and then going back to being the same person that I was before my mission. That is what I dread. I also fear all of the big decisions that I have to make when I get home. Schooling, job, career, where to live, dating, who to choose as my eternal companion, and I feel like so much more. But haha don't worry there is always a but.:)
But...........
I know my future is in the Lord's hands. One of the best things that my mission has taught me is to leave everything in the Lord's hands and it will all turn out great! I remember when I got transferred down to Merimbula not knowing what to do. I knew what had been going on in that area and I knew what I had to do but I didn't know if I could do it but I remember one of my first nights down there I prayed to God telling Him that I am His servant and that I am here to serve Him. And that I would put my life into His hands for Him to use me in this area for however He wanted to use me. When my time was up down there and it was time to move on to another adventure in Dapto I looked back on all that happened and I saw my life change. I saw as I put my life in the Lord's hands He helped me accomplish far more then I had ever even imagined. As I was willing to give Him everything I had He took me and made me into someone far greater then I ever dreamed. I take this same attitude in me returning home in 7 weeks. Yes I am scared and yes I am nervous but I know that as I Lean On Christ and turn to Him for help and strength He will be there and will help me with my life no matter what comes my way. Just like you talked about Mum the trial I am going through right now is just helping and preparing me for when I return home. I love my mission but I am excited to return home and be with my family that I love so much. I know that as I continue to do the things that I have learned on my mission like the simple things like, prayer, scripture study, church that I will be given the strength I need to keep moving forward and making the right choices. I know all will be well in the Lord's hand because that is where my live will be when I return home.
The Week
As for the week haha man
to be honest I don't remember much because all of the days just merge
together cuz it goes so fast but all is well here in Dapto. H____ is
feeling better and we were able to see her this week. She is still
reading and praying and so now it is all in the Lord's hands and time
table. We must always learn patience. A bitter sweet moment this week
was on Friday. Friday we had our final zone conference and last
interview with President and Sister Back. Man I see them so much more
then my Mission President and Wife. I love them and I know they love me
how grateful I am that we live so close together back home and I hope
Mum and Dad that you guys can meet them one day I am sure you guys will
we will plan it. It was a great last zone conference that was so
powerful and encouraging to finish strong not just in the mission but in
life. How grateful I am for all that they have taught me on my mission
and for the rest of my life. We had great interviews and President was
able to help me with the trials I am going through right now. All is
well.
| President Darrell and Sister MaryAnn Back |
Me and Elder Paie think and worry about transfers way to much.
Man we know what we want but we have no idea if that is what the Lord
wants. It is always in His hands haha but man we hope that we are on
the same page. We wish to finish together because we are bestest of
friends and we already have big plans to meet up after the mission but
we also wish for things to happen with the other missionaries in the
ward especially with the Sisters but that is completely out of our hands
and we will just have to patiently wait and see what will happen.
Exciting stuff but next week on Tuesday we will let you guys know. Pray
for us. Thanks for everything I love you guys heaps!!!! Always
remember HOLD TO THE ROD AND NEVER LET GO!!!
Love Elder Stott
We Asked, He Answered:
Q: Have you thought about the first meal you want to eat after we pick you up at the airport?
A: haha you guys know our family haha i have already thought about it here you go:
CROWN
BURGER the one next to temple square WITH A BIG AMERICAN PASTRAMI
BURGER REAL FRIES (not no chips) FRY SAUCE A BIG ROOT BEER AND A
CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE
haha man that is what i miss a good american hamburger!!!!:)
Q: How does it work the last few days before you fly home?
A: So the way it works is the missionaries going home go to the mission
home sunday night to have there dying interviews with the mission
president and his wife and then they stay the night at the AP's flat
which is real close to the mission home and the sisters stay at the
mission home and then on monday you wake up and go with all the
missionaries going home with president and sister back to the opera
house and the bridge and everything and pretty much just hang out up
there for the day and then you have your last dinner that night at the
mission home with president and sister back and then you go to sleep and
then the next morning they take all the missionaries to the airport
when it is time for them to go home. but with the new mission president
he is still going to take us to the opera house and everything.
From Mum: good thing Dalton can't see this- 43 days!
| The finished Pizza Oven Dalton Helped with in Merimbula |
| Dapptagong District |
| Bestie Elder Paie |
| Shellharbor Parkrun Volunteers. It was a surfing theme this week. |
No comments:
Post a Comment