Holy cow!
What do I even say but, that God is Real and that He knows each and everyone of us personally. He knows what we are going through and He helps us through our trials and that once we come to the end of a trial we come out on the other side a better person and then He rewards us for going through our trials and man oh man God has rewarded me for my last transfer out here in the mission field. Sounds like you guys already know about me and Elder Paie staying together isn't that just so awesome man we were so excited!!! Elder Paie is one of my bestest friends here in the mission and in the world I love this guy to death and man what an honor it is for me to be able to finish my mission with him. We have great plans for our last transfer together and as you guys know plans for after the mission as well. :) Hawaii!!!
So what happened to everybody else? So Elder Tuise is going home he has finished his mission and Elder Harston got transferred so they both are gone from Dapto ward and President is actually closing there area so we won't have any flat mates any more and it will just be us two and the Sisters in the ward. We are looking forward to it because it will help all of us to be much more busier and have more to do because having six missionaries in the ward at times can be a bit to much. So now me and Elder Paie have a massive flat for just the two of us. Haha we are pumped we actually have done a lot to the flat since we came into the ward. Haha the reason you guys didn't get pictures of the flat for a while is because when I first got here the flat was a dump! Man there was rubbish everywhere with holes in the walls and bugs and junk everywhere out the back and everything haha and man you guys should see it now! We fixed all the holes in the walls and painted the whole flat again. We transformed the back yard haha so it's not a jungle again. We deep deep cleaned the kitchen and both bathrooms so they are very nice and clean and haha we feel comfortable cooking now.:) There is no rubbish at all in the flat we loaded up a big massive trailer full of rubbish and took it to the tip. (Dump) All we have left to do is to get on the roof and clean out the gutters and then we will be done. But if feels great in the flat! Haha we have a big flat though just for the two of us we both have our own bathrooms which is nice. :) We also both have two mattresses so we put them together and we each have our own king size bed and haha let me tell you how awesome that was last night!:) Haha having to sleep on a little twin size bed for almost two years it was so nice last night to sleep on a big bed!:)
Excitement
Man me and Elder Paie are so excited for these 6 weeks! Man I am so pumped it will be great! So what else happened with transfers? The Sisters! Sister Beck and Chan they both stayed!!!:) We are so excited the family stays together!:)
What else? Haha okay get this. So last transfer my companion Elder Paie was the District Leader but this transfer guess what? He is now the Zone Leader! Haha man he'll do a great job but that meant that there was an opening spot for District Leader and guess who got that phone call?! Haha ME!!!!:) Man I told President that it had been over a year and a half ago my first transfer back in MacArthur that I was District Leader that I would be a but rusty but that I accepted the call and told him I would do my best! Haha so both of us are in leadership so that will definitely keep us busy this transfer. Man this transfer is going to be crazy! With it being our last transfer with President and Sister Back going home and having President and Sister Bingham coming in with all the changes and with us here in Dapto with just 4 missionaries now instead of 6 and with both of us in Leadership with meetings and trainings and everything and with us finishing off our missions here man it is going to be crazy but man so much fun and it'll be great! So that's pretty much us for transfers and that is what has happened. Haha we will have to see how being a District Leader is going to be but I know it will be good as I Lean on Christ to help me fulfill my calling it will be well.
But man
oh man!!!
I am so beyond excited to be with Elder Paie here in Dapto with the Sisters and our wonderful flat ready to work hard and finish strong and continue to enjoy the journey but man it is hard for me to express how sad I am that it is all coming to an end. Haha the new transfer started yesterday and I have already cried 3 times because my time is coming. I know that of course in 6 weeks it will not be the end and that I can't stay a missionary on a mission forever but man oh man i am just so grateful for these two years. I remember always growing up always wanting to come out and serve a mission because it sounded like so much fun! My time came and I came out and I remember starting my mission and it wasn't even close to what I was expecting it to be like haha especially starting in Mudgee. I remember going through trials mainly depression that I never thought I would struggle with. I remember seeing miracles and us being blessed for our hard work and obedience namely J___ T____ and D____ R_____. I remember going to an area that I had no idea what to do and at the end of my 7 1/2 months there not wanting to leave because I was not only leaving my home but also my family, the Merimbula Branch and the Shoobridges.
And now I have come to a wonderful part of the vineyard in Dapto to finish off my adventure and meeting 3 great friends that I know will continue to be a friendship for this life and the next. Going through trials and hardships to make us stronger and help us remember who we are and what is important in this life. This is just only a very very brief testimony of my mission but man this is why I don't want to come home but something that we always learn as missionaries is we have what we want but no matter what we want we always put what God wants first. In 6 weeks time the Lord wants me to return home and move on to the next chapters of my life and just like Nephi, "I will go and do..." But until then I will "Find Joy in the Journey" I will enjoy every second with my best friends in the service of my ultimate best friend Jesus Christ. I will continue to lose myself in the work to find myself I will continue to spread the Gospel to those who do and don't want it and I know that the Lord will bless me and my family for those things that we all need. I love you guys and thank you guys so much for everything I am excited to see you guys in 6 weeks but please know and remember that a part of my heart will always stay here in Australia. I love you guys and remember HOLD TO THE ROD AND NEVER LET GO! In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Love Elder Stott

No comments:
Post a Comment