I am Loving it Here!!! I Love My Mission!!!
Hi everybody Happy Father's Day dad!! Haha yesterday
was Father's Day here is Australia. Well man here we are another week
done. Man it's crazy and it's crazy that I have already been here in
Merimbula for 2 weeks. I am LOVING it here!!! Man this place is
amazing. Mom and Dad I love my mission!!!!!! I love it so much and
it brings me so much joy to be out here serving the Lord full time. This
is the most worthy I have ever been in my life and I am just so in tune with
the Spirit and reading my scriptures everyday and saying my prayers ALL the
time and being about the work of the Lord is just the best. Haha mum and
dad I think you guys know but a lot of people know me in the mission for always
being happy and having a smile. The other day I was thinking of that and
I was wondering why am I so happy all of the time? Haha it is because I
am out here serving my mission. I have waited my whole life to come out
and serve a mission and know that I am in the middle of it and I love it.
Also these last 2 weeks have been AMAZING!!! I think ever since I have
gotten to this area I have loved it from the second I got here and I love the
people!! I am so happy and it is so awesome. It's also great
because I have been out for a year that I now have some experience and I know
how to handle things. It's cool because I don't stress when things come
up because I know through the Spirit that it will be with me as long as I am
trying my best and He will fill my mouth with words to say. It is so cool
to bear my testimony all of the time and know that the Spirit is there and it
is helping those that need to hear my words. Thanks mom and dad leaders for raising me the way that you guys raised me
in the Gospel because if it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't be out here on a
mission having my life changed and moulded because the Lord is changing me into
who He wants me to become.
Service, Service, Service!!!!!!
Ammon is my favourite Prophet in the Book of Mormon. I
love reading his account in the Book of Alma and he is known for the service
that he does for King Lamoni. It's like here in Merimbula and in Mudgee
we do a lot of service and I love what King Benjamin teaches us, "while
you are in the service of your fellow being, you are only in the service of you
God." My mission is amazing and I love it!!!! I am glad mom
that you can tell that I am working hard and trying to be exactly obedient
because I really am mom and dad and God knows. Of course I have
weaknesses but I love the principle we learn in Ether 12:27 about how God gives
us weaknesses to humble us and help teach us. We have weaknesses but God
just asks us to work on them and try to overcome them and He will give us the strength
that we need to overcome them and I am so grateful for the Atonement. It
is so good to know and feel inside that I am working hard being obedient and
trying my hardest to please God and help His work progress in this part of the
vineyard. Haha this area is great!!!! This week has been great!!!
The Week!!!!
Monday, was P-day after emails we did shopping and then in
the afternoon we went on a hike with the S________ that's what the first
pictures are from. It was great!!! The S______ are awesome!! We are very close
with that family and help them and do a lot with them. Monday night we
had dinner with them and they had D____ over as well. Brother S______,
J____ is very close friends with D_____ and so they already have that fellowship
and everything!:) We had dinner with them and we watched the Restoration
movie with D_____ and it was great!!!
Tuesday, was a day full of service we helped an older couple
in the branch helped clean there house and throw out some rubbish.:) In
the avo' (afternoon) :) we did service with the P_____ and we helped them go
and get some fire wood and then we had dinner with them and had an awesome
lesson with them and watched a Mormon Message. :)
Wednesday, so ya like you said dad our chapel and the family
history centre are connected and so on Wednesday's that is when the family
history centre is open and a member in the branch is in charge of running
it. Sister N_____ W____. So usually about 4ish people show up but
we came and we just help out and I have never done indexing before but we got
to start doing that and it's pretty cool!:) So every Wednesday for a
couple of hours we do some family history work.:) Wednesday night was
awesome so here in Merimbula they have what's called a game night so it's like
a gaming club for like board games and table top games. Brother
S_______ is a big gamer and so he goes and also D______ is big into that stuff
and that is actually how the other Elder's got to meet D_____. So we went
Wednesday night and played and it was way fun.
Thursday we helped the
S_______ with helping them still building there Gym. Haha it's pretty
crazy building it and doing stuff like that. Haha Elder Newman is really
good at building and stuff and I just help out with what I know how and
haha try not to fall again. :) Thursday night we travelled up to
Canberra.
Friday, we had our ZTM meeting up in Canberra!!! :) It
was way fun and then we drove back and that pretty much took up the whole day.
Saturday, we had the Park Run again in the morning and we
got 36 minutes!! Haha so not to bad and then we had our MCM meeting with
brother S___ P_____ and then we did some other service and that night we had
dinner with the S____ family a couple in the branch.
Sunday we had church which is always awesome!! D_____
was able to make it and we had an awesome lesson with him about the Law of
Chastity. Church was awesome and all of the members are the best!!! Haha
and now here we are the start of week 3!
Well I gotta go we have other Elders here for p-day and
tradeoffs, things are going great!!! Sorry I'll answer questions next
week. Haha as you can tell we are very busy and things are awesome.
Thanks for your prayers for D____ and W____ and everybody else they really do
help. I love you guys! :) Things
are going great with Elder Newman he is the man and we are great friends and
having a blast!!! Love you guys!!!
Love Elder Stott :)
No comments:
Post a Comment