Staying or Going??????
Haha Hi everybody!!! Man burr...it's been freezing down here lately especially during the nights it gets to about 5 C but we have a nice heater that we have in our bed room and plenty of blankets.:) Haha Elder Delahunty is just like me he gets cold like all the time just like me so both of us have heaps of blankets and techniques to stay warm during the night but the other Elders are just fine.:) Haha just like you mum and dad yous are always hot when I am freezing.:) Well things are going GREAT here in Australia!:) Haha oh ya transfers...well everybody in the zone was very surprised, but I am excited I am staying in MacArthur!!!:) It's nuts because I have been here for 5 1/2 months now which doesn't seem that long because of how fast it goes but now that I am staying another 6 weeks I will have been here for 7 months!!:) It's crazy because you normally don't stay in one area for this long but I know there is a reason for that and I am just grateful. What really through me off though was a couple of weeks ago I was talking to President Back and he said wow you have been here for a while its probably time for a change for you, haha but I guess the Lord has different plans in store. Which is totally fine.:) That is what I am really learning out on my mission that if we just trust in God's plan for us and be okay with everything that happens it will all work out.
God really does have a plan for us/Wise Words from the Elder
God really does have a plan for each and every one of us that is special and unique to just us. As we learn and grow in this life we come to know how truly awesome our plan is for all of us. As our faith grows in Jesus Christ we come to know that His way is the best and that His plan for us will bring us the most joy and happiness. Also as our faith increases about the Atonement we understand what it really does for us. In Isaiah 1:18 "...though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." That is how the Atonement works. As we use the gift of repentance in our lives we can be forgiven of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. No matter what! Apostles have told us that there is no sin that we can do that can no be fixed through the gift of the Atonement and the principle of repentance. This is what gives me hope in the plan that God has for me. In His plan that He has for me it does not mean that I am going to be perfect, I am going to make many mistakes but that is why we have the Atonement. It is the same for all of us. The Atonement is for each and every one of us! This gospel is for each and every one of us!!! As our faith increases in Jesus Christ and the Atonement it helps us realize really how much he loves us. This isn't the best example but when I read this it made me realize, really how much he loves us. D&C 84:77 "And again I say unto you, my friends, for from henceforth I shall call you friends, it is expedient that I give unto you this commandment, that ye become even as my friends in days when I was with them, traveling to preach the gospel in my power;" Here in Doctrine and Covenants Joseph Smith is receiving revelation from Jesus Christ and He calls us the latter-day saints of the church his friends and he compares us to his friends his disciples when he was here on earth. Now most people only refer to people as there friends if they love them. This is just one way in the scriptures that Jesus Christ shows his love for us. As we come to realize how much He loves us we come to understand that His plan that He has for each one of us is the best way to live our lives. As we trust in God the eternal father and in His Son Jesus Christ we come to realize that His Gospel, obedience to His commandments, and trusting in Him is the best way to live our lives. I am most certainly coming to learn this on my mission and this is just my brief testimony about this subject. I am so grateful for this gospel! I say it so much but it is so true! I want to remain an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for the rest of my life and for eternity! I want to serve faithfully in my callings that I am given whatever they may be and ALWAYS remain worthy of a temple recommend. The Spirit has testified to me so many times of the truthfulness of this gospel and I cannot deny it. I cannot deny it for the rest of my life. I know that I will go through hard times in my life but I also know that through the strength of the Atonement and the strength that it gives me I can over come anything. I know this to be true and I love this opportunity that I have to be over here on a mission in Australia and the time that I have another transfer in MacArthur to tell the people here of the things that I know are true!! What has helped me so much in my life are so many amazing examples to help shape my life the way that it is now and I thank all of you guys for doing that for me. Thank you!!! Haha the list is way to long to write out but those of you that are reading this know who you are and all I can say is THANK YOU!!!! :)
Another transfer with my best friend!!! Yippee!!!!
Haha sorry I'll get off my soap box :) ya so I'm staying another transfer here in MacArthur which honestly I am super excited about!:) I have really grown to love this place especially over this past transfer so I am excited to be able to work here another 6 weeks. I am comfortable here in the area and know the area and am close with a lot of the members especially the M______ family.:) It is amazing a lot of the members how they treat us just like family especially since I'm so far away from mine.:) Also another awesome thing!!! Me and Elder Delahunty get to stay together!!! We are both super excited to be able to work together again!:) I can definitely say for myself and I think Elder Delahunty can say the same that we definitely both raised the bar this past transfer. We are striving to become the best missionaries that we can become and it definitely helps that both of us are working towards the same goal. We want to do the same this transfer and raise the bar once again and make our goals bigger and better because we know that we can achieve them with the Lord on our side. This past week has been very good!!! We met with J___ a couple of times and we set a baptismal date with him. He is super excited and we are super excited for him! He knows and he wants to get baptized so now it's just a matter of teaching him and making him feel comfortable.:) Man we are so excited for him!!!! We are actually meeting with him today so were cutting P-Day short today but that's okay :) were excited for him!!!!:):):):) Everything else here has been going good were just excited to be together for another transfer and to work hard and see what comes.
And the rest of the story goes.
Happy Memorial Day!!!!!:):) Man that's so awesome mum and dad that you guys went up to Grandma's but yous need to stop making her place nicer and nicer cuz were trying to get her to move to Utah not stay there?:) Haha just kidding Grandma! Thanks mum for all the advice about the food I have decided that I'm not going to worry about it and just eat all of the food and enjoy it.:) Haha cuz I won't have islander feeds for my whole life just for my mission. But ya all my clothes are still fitting good and then I just buy stuff when I need something. Okay that's good about the money I try not to spend too much.:) Ya the weather is starting to get cold especially at nights and in the mornings about 5 C but during the day it's still nice it's nice not to have it so hot now. Thanks for the pictures I like getting pictures from you guys especially from you Dani.:) Hey Dani if you ever have any questions just put them at the bottom like mum and dad do and then it's easy and fast to answer. Oh ya and I PROMISE I'll send pictures this week I'm so sorry I just always forget cuz I can't send them from the library while we do emails cuz they don't have wifi and then were just busy whenever we go to the chapel and I forget but I'll remember this week.:) How's the basketball been going? From what I have heard from members and stuff that it has just been nuts! Haha I heard the Cav's made it to the finals again. Boooooo!!!:) Anyways I gotta get headin but we'll talk more next week. Thanks for everything especially you mom and dad you guys are the best!!! I see you guys especially when I saw the picture of you guys up at grandma's and I thought to myself and the spirit comforted me that I want to be just like you guys when I'm your age me and my wife to be just half as amazing as you guys are. Me and Dani (I know Dani feels the same) are so grateful for you guys. Look where we both are. Dani has graduated college with a degree is married in the TEMPLE and is starting her family on the foundations of the gospel. Your son (haha me) is not a perfect son and is not the best but boy oh boy do I try my hardest and I am trying my hardest out here on a mission. Thank you mom and dad. You guys are both my HEROES!!!! I love you guys and support yous 100% because I know you guys support me 100%. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):)
Love your son Dalton
No comments:
Post a Comment