Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Sickness doesn't stop the work

Hi Everybody!!!!  


Congrats Parker and Abby!!!! (Parker is Dalton's cousin)  I am so excited for you guys to start your family and so far you guys are doing an amazing job and that by being married in the temple!!!  If you guys have time read D&C 131 this is how important marriage in the temple is in the sight of God.  Man that's so cool  that they got married!!  I can't believe it haha everybody is getting married!  Who next?  Happy B-Day Caleb!!!!  How old are you know?  Hope you had an awesome day and ate lot's of cake for me.:)  Your awesome Caleb and I'm so glad that you are a part of our family because you do so much for my Sister, for my parents, and for me.  I love you Caleb and thanks for everything!!! 


Question and Answer time!

Our flat inspection went really good!    We passed the inspection and we had the opportunity to teach President and Sister Back a lesson.  We taught them The Plan of Salvation and it went really good!!! 


 How about your package, have you seen it yet?

Sadly I haven't gotten my package yet but I found out what has happened.:)  So this happens alot for both me and Sister Stott in the mission.  So the mission office will get mail in and they will just glance at it and they see Stott and sometimes they will think it is for me and sometimes they will think it is for Sister Stott and so for the package you guys just sent they thought it was for Sister Stott and she is out in Orange zone and I am in MacArthur zone and so it has been sitting in the section for Orange mail instead of for MacArthur so that's why i haven't gotten it yet but we got it all cleared up so haha it's in the write section now so hopefully I will get it sometime this week.  I am way excited to get it haha but I'm just learning patience.:)    


Has your rash on your fingers any better?

Ya so my fingers are doing really good it is pretty much all gone now which is so nice because it was so annoying and it hurt but it's almost all gone!:) 


What time is Church time for you guys?

Our church time is at 1-4 and usually we don't go to other wards but every once in a while we will.  It's funny though because we will always have meeting on Sundays because our ward likes to have all the missionaries at ward council and PEC meetings and stuff haha so that's kind of fun.  So a usual Sunday here in  MacArthur ward is we got to church at like 11 and leave at like 5 or so and then a lot of Sunday nights we have a fireside or something going on.  I really like Sunday's as a missionary there really fun and kind of something different then all of the other days.  Yep us missionaries pay fast offerings once a month but I am really bad at it.  I just forget all of the time.  I need to do better and I will try but it's just we have so many others things to worry about especially on Sunday's it's hard to remember about fast offerings.    



Well this past week has been great!!!  Except for I am sick.:(


I have a pretty bad cold my nose is all stuffed up and my ears and my throat is soar haha and I sound like Batman when I talk but I got some medicine and we have been taking it a little bit slower the past couple of days to let me re gain my energy so hopefully it passes away soon.  It's been so cold here lately a lot of people are sick.  I guess from what people have been telling us here in the City that this is the coldest it has gotten here for a while now.  But I stay warm I have plenty of blankets for inside the flat and I have plenty of coats and stuff but sadly I just got sick this past week but haha I'll get over it and get back to 100% soon. 


Let's see what has happened this past week.  

  Tuesday  we had our flat inspection with President and Sister Back.  We did some finding and we found this really cool guy named L___.  He is Aussie and in his mid 20's we gave him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and so hopefully we can meet up with him this week and we'll see what happens.  We also had an awesome lesson with J___ about the Laws and Ordinances of the gospel it was really good.  J___ is still doing awesome!  He wasn't able to make it to church yesterday which was a bummer but he is still doing great and were still working towards July 23rd for his Baptism!:) Tuesday night we were able to have a lesson with the J_______ do you remember them?  There the family that we worked with and there daughter got baptized.  It was a really good lesson we are teaching them the Articles of Faith right now. 


Wednesday we did some service in the morning and in the afternoon we did some more finding and taught J___ again.  We taught him a lesson out of the Gospel Principles book about the Life of Christ.  It was amazing the Spirit was so strong and we all learned something from that lesson.  It was one of the most powerful lessons I have taught my whole mission and J___ loved it!  He really loved the part that God and Jesus Christ love us so much and that is why we have everything that we have.  Man it was amazing!!!  It is such an honor to be out here on a mission and to help people learn and grow and at the same time I learn and grow as well!!!:)  Wednesday night we had dinner at a members home the W_____.  Sister W______ is the Relief Society President and she is awesome.  Haha she is like the mom in our ward.  We call here if we need help with anything small like haha the time me and Elder Delahunty made cookies we didn't know what to do cuz we thought we did it wrong so we called Sister W______ and she helped us out.:) 


Thursday we were able to see some less-actives we are working with and we had our weekly planning session that day and then that night we had our missionary meeting with our ward mission leader.  Friday we had our DTM which is our District Training Meeting given by our District Leader.  It was really good and always nice to have a training to remind us of things we forgot and on things we need to work on. 


Friday haha we were all over the place doing all sorts of things and ya Friday was kind of a nuts day. 


Saturday was the day i was the worst sick so we didn't do a whole lot but we had a cottage evening with our Bishop and some members and missionaries and it was way good!  A cottage evening is just like a big Family Home Evening.  There was a lesson and we played some really fun games and then we had some dinner!!!:)  It was way fun.  It's nice sometimes as missionaries when we have stuff like that cuz we work hard all the time but then we have something like that were we can relax a little and play some games.  Haha but sometimes I get to into the games.:) 


Sunday and Wise Words from the Elder!!



Sunday was great like always!!!  Sadly J___ wasn't able to come to church but that's okay but we had some good meetings.  The YSA teacher in our ward had us sit in on his class because he was talking about the Story of Alma and Amulek which I LOVE!!!!!  I love that story so much and it was talking about how important it is to have that second witness and that is why as missionaries we are companionship and that is why also the Bible and The Book of Mormon are so important for each other.  Because they both back each other up and they are both Testaments of Jesus Christ and without one or the other we would struggle.  I think we forget sometimes but the Eighth Article of Faith lays it all out "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God." As I have been out on my mission I have found out that some people don't believe we read the Bible and believe it they think we just believe the Book of Mormon .  We believe in both and we need both because they both support each other.  I am so grateful for both books and for the role they have played in my life and on my mission.  It is so cool to be able to pull a scripture from both books of scripture that is talking about the same thing to back up what you are saying.  I know the Bible to be the Word of God and I also know the Book of Mormon to be the Word of God and I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon  by the power of God.  The rest of Sunday was good we had dinner at member's house the P____ family.  It was awesome they made us taco's!!!!  I haven't had Mexican food for ages and it was so good!!  Haha and Elder Delahunty pounded  the tacos.:)  It's different cuz in America Mexican food is huge but here there are no Mexican's so we never have Mexican food but it was a treat last night.:)  Ya so that is how this week has gone.  Nothing to special but every week is special I love serving my mission even if I am sick right now.  I try my hardest to be myself, keep a good attitude, keep working on my weaknesses, and give my best everyday.  I love this gospel and this work and we are all a part of it!  What a blessing it is!!! 


Time to go!



Haha sadly my time is running up.  But crazy that transfers are almost here again!!  Crazy how fast all of this goes.  I  don't know what's going to happen with transfers.  I have been in MacArthur for 7 months now which is longer then usual and so I was definitely thinking I was going to get transferred but haha I got a very interesting letter from President today and so I might not be moving but we will have to see.  I know it is all in the Lord's hands and I trust in Him and that He will know where I need to go and what I need to do.  I am so grateful that He watches over me.  I know He watches over me and He watches over all of my family.  He is keeping them safe while I am out here working I am so grateful for that.  I love all of you guys thank you all for all that you guys do for me  You are the best EVER!!!!!!  CTR have a great week Love all of you guys!!!!:)

Love Elder Stott




















  

No comments:

Post a Comment