HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Dad so much for everything and everybody else who is father's out there. Dad I cannot thank you enough I think we are going to fight about this :) because you always tell me that I am your hero but that is false because Dad YOU ARE MY HERO!!!! We have such an amazing relationship which I am so grateful for! There are so many people over here missionaries included that don't have a good relationship with there family and there father's. I am so lucky to have an AMAZING relationship with my family and especially with you dad. We had a lesson a couple of Sunday's ago in Priesthood and the topic was "True Greatness" and the teacher had us think of our HERO figure in our life and the first person that popped into my mind was you dad! You are my hero you always have been and you always will be. Dad you have no idea how much I look up to you and there has been a lot of times while I have been out here on my mission that I am doing something and I think to myself "how would my dad do this?" and then I go and do it that way. One of my favorite sections in Preach My Gospel is section 6 Christlike Attributes and when I study that section I think of you because there are so many attributes that you are so good at. Especially Patience when I was golfing because I know that is was probably hard to sit there and watch me play but you were always there to support me and encourage me. Thank you dad for everything. Thanks for always being there for me and for always supporting me. I try very hard not to think about things back home or miss things about home but one of the things that I miss the most if not the thing I miss the most is hanging out with you dad! Whether it be going golfing or watching sports and eating popcorn or going and getting a burger whatever it be you are my best friend and I can't wait to hang out with you again and especially go golfing.:) Haha not that I want to go home anytime soon I am just having a blast out here on my mission.:) It's kind of weird though because it is not Father's Day here is Australia it's in the like October or something like that here so that is kind of different. Thanks Dad for everything I love you so much and it is such an honor to be your son. :):):)
Time
Man this week has flown I honestly think this past week has been one of
the fastest weeks of my mission. And I hate it!!!!! It is going by
way to fast and I want it to slow down!!:) I was telling Elder Delahunty
the other day that it seems like I look at my watch in the morning when I put
it on at like 7:45am and then the next time I look at it again it's like 8:50pm
and the day is over and it's time to go back to the flat it's nuts. I
think why it has been going so fast is we have been working hard and we are
busy!! It's good though we have lot's to do and there is always something
to be done.
| Their new flower ties. |
Yay for The Work
Our dear friend J___ is doing awesome!!! We weren't able to meet with him at all this past week because he has been sick and we weren't 100% sure if he was going to be able to make it to church on Sunday but then 5 minutes before church he walked in.:) He is doing awesome and he is ready!!!:) He is ready to be baptized and we are so excited for him! He is reading the scriptures, praying, coming to church, and on Sunday we went over the baptismal interview questions with him and he is ready to be baptized!!!:) The only kind of sad thing is though is that he want's to wait until July 23 to be baptized so all of his family can be here for it. Which we totally understand but we also know Satan and we know that this next month he is going to be working on J___ overtime. We know that he can do it and we will be with him every step of the way.:) I just really hope because his date is next transfer and if I get transferred that President Back will allow me to come back for his baptism which I am sure he will. I am so excited for John he is awesome!!!! It has been such a privilege to be able to teach him and get to know him and we have gotten very close and became good friends. I also know that it does not matter that the baptism is next transfer because it does not matter who gets the baptism because God does not care about that I am just excited that John is making the right steps in his life.:) This gospel is amazing and it changes lives and while I am out here on my mission it is changing my life.:)
The Week
This past week has
been good though.
Tuesday was P-Day and we just played some sports and stuff.
Wednesday we did some service for a Sister in our ward helped her cut up some
branches and do some gardening. We also did some finding. Our
mission has been focusing on family history lately and so we passed out quiet a
few family history pamphlets. :)
Thursday morning we had the opportunity to go
to the family history center at the chapel and since some stuff has changed
since we have come out we got to do a little refresher course on Family History
and it blew me away!!!! Wow our family history charts look
AMAZING!!!!! On the Stott side it goes back so far!!!!!! It went
back all the way to like the 1500's. That is so cool!! Also on your
side mom it goes back pretty far as well. I know that it has been tough
on your side mom but all we can do is keep trying and God will help us in His
work. I still remember that awesome night before I left on my mission
that we all got to go to the temple and do sealing ordinances for family that
you found. Such a cool experience!!! Keep going on family history
what a privilege to be able to do our own families work here on this
earth.
Friday we had a missionary meeting in the morning and in the
afternoon we went and saw a doctor about my fingers. It was nice because
the doctor was a member so she didn't charge anything and we got some really
good cream for it and I've only put it on for 3 days and it's looking
awesome!!! It's almost gone so we'll just keep going and hope it finally
goes away and says away. We also had an awesome visit with a Less-Active
we are working with but sadly they are moving this week so we are going to help
them move this weekend.
Saturday was a good day we had an awesome dinner
with a Less-Active and haha it was a very healthy meal it was a salad.:)
Sunday was awesome and mom you will be proud of me. The two organists in
our ward weren't there on Sunday and haha guess who they had play the piano for
Sacrament Meeting? Haha ya I played the piano for the whole ward for
Sacrament and I was so scared!!! I was so nervous but I did okay. I
played Hymn 3 "Now let us rejoice..." Hymn 116 "Come Follow
Me..." Hymn 301 "I am a Child of God..." and Hymn 27
"Praise to the Man..." Haha I kind of screwed up on the last one
Praise to the Man but the brother who said the prayer comforted me because he
said thank you for letting us come and partake of the Sacrament and I
remembered that is the real reason we are there haha not for the music.
:) HAHA so thanks mom for teaching me how to play the piano.:) Well
this week I am excited about another week to work and have fun!!!:) We
have a flat inspection by President and Sister Back tomorrow haha so we gotta
get ready for that.:)
We Asked, He Answered
Parker (Dalton's cousin) is getting married.
That is so exciting for
Parker and Abby!!! Haha man were all growing up!!!:)
Did you get to shake Elder Nielson's hand?
Haha yep mom I
got to shake Elder Nielson's hand but we didn't really get to talk cuz there
were so many missionaries but it was just awesome to get to shake his hand.
Ya in the talk at the Fireside before the conference he talked about his
football career and how he also went on and played in the NFL for the Houston
Oiler's. It was really cool because I think a lot of people related to
him because Rugby is so big here and balancing that with church and he talked
about he balanced football and church.
Are you staying warm?
Haha ya it get's pretty cold at night we have a little space
heater that we put in our bedroom at nights when we go to bed which does a good
job. Haha I have 4 blankets :) 2 really big nice warm ones and then 2
littler ones one of them is the one I got from Christmas that you guys made with
all the pictures and the other one is this cool Avenger's one.:) But
don't worry I stay plenty warm at night's.:)
Are you cooking?
Ya we do some good cooking
nothing to special just the normal spaghetti and rice and chicken whatever is
easy and we have time for and of course always make popcorn!!!!:) Also
lately we have been getting fed a lot by the members!!:0 Which is awesome
because they make some really good stuff. Like last night a member made
us this Chinese soup cuz it was cold and rainy and it was so good!!! Haha
it's so weird because I eat things out here on my mission that I just love that
I would never ever touch back home!!!!:) Haha like a plain burger these
days taste weird to me.:) Haha crazy how it all changes.
Well I
gotta get going but I wanted to just say that I love you guys. Mom and
Dad I love you guys and thank you for all that you guys do for me. I am
doing great right now!!! You don't have to worry about me. I am
staying warm I have good clothes, I go to bed every night not hungry with a
full stomach haha sometimes to full of a stomach. I keep moving forward
everyday trying my best and working hard. I am doing very good mom and
dad and God is watching over me everyday and protecting me. I am in His
hands and I am working for Him and he is molding me and changing me into
something so much better. I love all of you guys have an AWESOME
week!!!:)
Love Elder Stott
No comments:
Post a Comment