Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Miracle

 I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!!!! 

Hi everybody how's a goin?  Things are going great here in the land down under.  We just got back from the temple and man what a privilege it is to be able to go the the House of the Lord.  I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!!!!  Everytime I go there I have especially felt it on the mission is how amazing the Spirit is there.  Wow!!!!!  Haha I wish I could just live in the temple because I love it there!  It is just so peaceful there and it's 100% complete shelter from the world.  I am so grateful that I am worthy and able to go to the temple and feel of God's love in one of His special, holy temples.  A trip to the temple is never a waste of time.  Goes as much as you can because there is a work that needs to be done for those that are waiting in the next life.  You can even just go on a walk on the grounds of the temple because even just on the grounds you can the feel the spirit so strong!:)  What was really cool was there was a sister in our 
session today who was deaf.  They had this whole set-up for her in the room before she even got in there with a TV that showed the words and cards to help her say  things.  It was awesome.  The church is so true and that definitely added to my testimony today about how much God loves his children.  Each and everyone of us.


"A Miracle" 

The title of this email is "A Miracle"  I am going to try my bestest :) to explain my feelings about this past week but one good scripture that helps explain it is Ether 12:12-15

 12 For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.
 13 Behold, it was the faith of Alma and Amulek that caused the prison to tumble to the earth.
 14 Behold, it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that wrought the change upon the Lamanites, that they were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost.
 15 Behold, it was the faith of Ammon and his brethren which wrought so great a miracle among the Lamanites.
 This is one of my favorite scriptures and it has taken and even more special meaning to me this past week.  So on Tuesday me and Elder Delahunty were making lunch (mashed potatoes and chicken) and our phone rang.  It was from a private number and so we didn't really know who it was but I answered it and said "Hello...this is Elder Stott and Delahunty..."  and they didn't say anything and they hung up so we though nothing of it and kept cooking.  About 5 minutes later our phone rang again.  It was once again a private number so I answered the phone again and said the same thing.  "Hello...this is Elder Stott and Delahunty..."  this time they said something back, "wait who is this?"  So I said it again but slower and the person on the other line said "oh good Elder!"  He started talking to us and he said "ya I have this restoration pamphlet and a Book of Mormon and there was this number on the back and so I called it." He said, "ya I have some friends that live up in Liverpool that are Mormons and I have gone to institute a couple of times and they have tried to introduce the gospel to me but I wasn't ready.  I have read a little bit of the Book of Mormon and I was wondering if we could meet up because I would like to learn some more."  I sat there on the phone just baffled and amazed.  Me and Elder Delahunty have been working very hard this transfer and finding nothing.  Our numbers have been crap, our investigators have been dropping us about a week ago we had no investigators and we have just had a very tough transfer work wise so far.  And now out of no where we get a random phone call!!!!:)  He wanted to meet with us the next day so we met with him at a park in Eagle Vale the next day.  We were so grateful and excited!!!  Wednesday we showed up to the park and he was there sitting at a table.  We got to meet with him and he is awesome!!!  His name is J____ and he is the man!!!  On Wednesday we got to know him and we taught him about the Restoration.  It was amazing!!!  He accepted it all!!  With only a few questions.  We committed him to read the Book of Mormon and pray and he accepted that!!:)  On top of that towards the end of our lesson we asked if he had any questions for us and he said, "well I want to go to a church."  Haha me and Elder Delahunty were blown away!  So we talked to him about church and how we have one in Blair Athol and we invited him to church this last Sunday.  Sadly he told us that he wasn't able to make it this past Sunday but he said that he will come this Sunday!!!:)  We also taught him again this past Friday.  Sadly I was on trade-offs so I wasn't able to be there but Elder Delahunty and another Elder taught him about the Plan of Salvation and Elder Delahunty said it was amazing!  He accepted it all once again and they invited him to be baptized and he said YES!!!  We are so excited and we are meeting with him tomorrow and we are going to set a baptismal date with him!!:)  He is so cool and he is definitely being prepared by the Lord.  We need your guys help though to please pray for him.  I know that you guys will because I know that you guys always pray for our investigators which I am so grateful for.  Prayer is so amazing and the miracles it brings.  As a mission everyday we join together at 12 o'clock in prayer for our investigators are for us to be able to find people that day to teach and for miracles and blessings to be poured out upon us.  We have done this I think since like my second transfer here and not that I expect anything out of it,  I mean I have faith that God will answer our prayers but I don't deserve anything from God for my work because this is what I am suppose to be doing but it was just so amazing!!!  Like wow!!!  That is things that we hear from other people that they experience on there missions and then to have something amazing like that happen to me and Elder Delahunty here in MacArthur in Australia is such a miracle!!!  I am so grateful that God has entrusted me with J____ and to be able to help him along his eternal progression.  I am so grateful and it is just so amazing!!!  God really does care about all of His children even His two struggling sons who are on missions.:)  Thank you guys for all of your prayers and everything that you have done for me and all that you do for me.  We also had another cool experience this past week to.  We received a referral from the sister missionaries in another ward.  So on Wednesday we went and saw this referral and his name is B____.  He is super nice and really wants to learn more and the sisters have already taught him the Restoration so we are just gonna keep going with him.  So this past week we have picked up 2 awesome investigators.  It has been awesome!!!  This week has been great!!!  It is amazing how it all works especially how missionary work, works.  It has been such a struggle this transfer but me and Elder Delahunty have not wanted to give up.  We have kept our head up with a good attitude and we have kept trying our best.  It has been hard but we knew that if we were doing what we were suppose to that is all we could do.  If we slacked off and didn't do what we were suppose to do then we could do so much more.  But as we kept moving forward in faith trying our best we were rewarded.  That is how this gospel works, that is how this life works.  We must just keep going, just keep moving forward, just keep trying our best and everything will work out.  I have this awesome quote hung up back at our flat and I can't remember it exactly so I'll remember next week and bring it for you guys.  But the quote is from President Hinckley about how it will all work out and if we put our faith in God and his plan everything will work out.
Life and times of Elder Stott and Elder Delahunty (fainting and moon rock cookies)
Monday was just a normal p-day.
Tuesday we had the amazing phone call and also Elder Delahunty fainted!!!:)  We were making lunch and he cut a little bit of his finger and so it was bleeding and he was running it under water and I went and got him a band-aid and I came back and I was standing right next to him and then he started to move and then he was down!!  He was only out for like 3 seconds but still it was super scary so we sat on the floor for like 15 minutes and we put the band-aid on his finger and he has been good ever since.  But it was scary though.  That night we had an awesome dinner with the P____ a member family in our ward and we did this cool lesson about repentance with paper and a match and an erasable pen.:) 
Wednesday we met with J___ and B____! and did some more service.
 Thursday and Friday I was on trade-offs with the Elders out in Camden!!:)  Haha ya Camden I got to work out in your area for a couple of days.:)  It was really good one of the Elders is Elder Li from Hong Kong haha he is funny and the other was Elder Madsa from the Philippines and in his last area he served with my trainee Elder Leal!!  It was fun to  go out there for a couple of days but I did miss MacArthur while I was out there.  This past transfer I am getting used to MacArthur and it is really starting to feel like home here and so haha I don't really want to leave.  Also I love being with Elder Delahunty we are such GREAT friends!!!  We are going to have to see what happens with transfers I always get excited to see what is going to happen.  I kind of want to stay another transfer but I feel like it might be for the wrong reasons.  You know.  I don't want to stay just because J___ is getting baptized this next transfer because it is not about the baptisms or the recognition or the success.  That is not what determines a good missionary.  The only person I am worried about making happy is my Father in Heaven and I know that He doesn't care about those things.  All He cares about is the desires of my heart and I feel like they are good desires.  I mean it would be good to stay another transfer to see John get baptized but I don't want to stay for the wrong reasons if that makes sense.  I know that the Lord and President Back will put me where I am needed and if that means I am suppose to stay here in MacArthur another transfer then I guess that is what is suppose to happen and if I go that is what the Lord wants.  I am just excited to see what happens.:)  Since it is transfer this next week I won't be emailing until next Tuesday again but I'll let you know what happens as soon as I can.:)  Anyways back to the week.
 Saturday we had a good day we had weekly planning and me and Elder Delahunty had the good idea to bake some cookies for some members in the ward that have done a lot for us since we have been here.  Haha so we put on our baker's hat's and went to work and started baking haha but I think me and Elder Delahunty will stick to missionary work because our cookies didn't turn out to good.:)  Haha we nicknamed our cookies "moon rocks":)  Haha but if you soak them in milk for like 5 minutes then they taste good.:)  It's all good though none of the members are sick from them.:)
 Sunday was also an awesome day!!  I always love Sundays and we had an awesome feed with the P______ another family in our ward.  It has been a very awesome week!!!:)  I love this work and I am so grateful that I am a part of it.
Q & A and odds and ends.
What would you like in a package? Ah man another package sweet!!!:)  Um...no nothing special you guys always make the best packages. 
 How is S___ doing? S____ has been doing okay she has been on holidays for the last couple of weeks so we are going to check on her this week.
How's the ankle?  My ankle is doing very good!!  It doesn't hurt anymore and I wear the ankle brace whenever I play sports. 
 Elder Robbins? Okay sweet thanks for his email mom I don't have much time today but I will definitely email him next week.:) 
Do you use your recipe book? Ya dad we have used the recipe book a couple of times but we usually just make chicken and rice or spaghetti but me and Elder Delahunty have been racking up the feeds lately haha but they just feed us so much I'm gaining so much weight.
Are people rude to you Elders? Ya some pretty rude comments sometimes and some swear words but the best is you just smile back at them and tell them to have a good day.:) 
  Oh ya I hope it's ok but today on the way back from the temple we drove past a little ceasar's pizza and we HAD to stop so I bought pizza for everybody which i hope was okay.  Also I bought some more garments at the temple today and I hope it's ok I have to buy a few more pants.  I'm sorry if I'm spending to much money I'll try to be better.:)  Sorry if I am just tell me if I am.  I hope everything is going good for you guys!!  I love all of you guys thanks for everything.  I got a letter the other day from the Hawkins about Parker getting married that's awesome!!!! Way to go dude!!!:)  Hope you all have a GREAT week!  I pray for you guys all the time and I know you guys do the same.:)  We will have to see about transfers if I email you guys from MacArthur next week or somewhere else.:)  Oh ya and sorry I have heaps of pictures I have just forgotten to send them over the past weeks I'll try really hard to remember next time I am at the chapel.  Love you all!!!!!!:) 
Wise Words from the Elder
 Helaman 5:12 I LOVE THIS SCRIPTURE!!! 
12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
This is one of our recitation scriptures as missionaries. Love yous heaps!!!!:)

Love Elder Stott

No comments:

Post a Comment