HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man ain't everything just amazing?!?! Mum, dad, Dani, family, friends, I'm glad everything is going great!! Everything is going great here and just having so much fun serving my mission. I had a dream the other night that I had returned home finished my mission but I was sad and didn't know what to do. To be honest I am dreading that day when I have to go home when my time is up serving as a full-time missionary. Thankfully that is still a ways away but at the rate time is going now it will be here before we know it. Man what the heck! May already, this year needs to slow down so I can catch up because I'm still back in January.:)
Skype!!!!!
We get to skype next week!!!!!:) I am so excited and mom thank you for saying that about the call because that is exactly what I want it to be as well. and I totally agree if we join in prayer this week our call will work out the way it is suppose to and it will be awesome!!:) Ya so details on skype we are going to be doing it at a members house we haven't nailed down who's house yet but we will get it done. Were going to skype on Monday here so it will be Sunday Mother's Day there. I hope that works. We are going to skype around 10 o'clock am so that would be like 6 pm for you guys we hope this works okay sorry it kind of snuck up on us and we were like oh we probably should get it sorted out but just expect a skype call around 6 pm for you guys and it might be a little later then that like 7 pm it just depends on how many devices the members have for us to skype on but I know that it will work out and man oh man am I so excited to see you guys!!!! I am so excited to see Patrick and man he got an awesome blanket!!:) I'm so excited to see John dude your grown up so fast you need to tell your parents they need to by you a set of golf clubs are maybe sweet talk grandpa into getting you a set.:)
Family
Dani happy b-day
this Saturday I hope you have a great day and eat lot's of cake for me!!:) How
old will you be? Haha wow were all getting old!:) Caleb your last week of
school right? Congrats man and finish with power!!! Your awesome and I
definitely look up to you. Dad thanks for your email it was
awesome! I thought I was going to really miss sports out here on my
mission especially golf but I have not that much and thanks for filling me in
on the Master's. I heard about it from one of the shops we were walking
by a couple weeks ago and I was like oh ya that's right it's the Master's. ;)
I'm glad you went golfing you'll have to represent the Stott clan this year and
I'm gonna want some good competition from you when I get home.:) Mom
thank you so much!!!! Your email was amazing and what you wrote from
Brother Wilcox was exactly what I needed to hear so thank you so much. As
soon as I read it I printed it off so thank you so much mom. You always
have just the best words for me every week and they always help me so much so
thank you for that. I have been doing great this past week though and I think
last week there was just a lot going on for that p-day but i have been doing
very good this past week. Hey how are my Grandma's doing? Also how is
the rest of the family doing? I don't hear from them much which is okay
because I know they are busy but just keep me informed if anything big
happens. When is Parker getting married?
The Work
This past week has
been a good one for me and Elder Delahunty. We have been very busy which
we love as missionaries. Kind of some sad new's but we had to drop C____
this past week.:( We were very sad about we probably should have dropped him a
while ago but I hate giving up on people but with the help of the spirit we
feel like it is time to give C_____ a break for a little while. While we
have been meeting with us he has told us that it is going to take time for him
before he jumps into anything and he doesn't completely believe in everything
that we teach him. It is not his time and that is okay. We did what
we are suppose to do and now we must move on and he will come around in the
Lord's time. He is an awesome guy and I love him and will continue to
love him just like everybody I have met on my mission. Hey some awesome
news that I heard this past week. So I don't know if you guys remember
but there was an investigator named S_____ when I was out serving in
Mudgee. While I was out there we only met with her once in the three
transfers I was out there. We would try so hard to meet with her and help
her and everybody kept telling us to let her go. Anyways she got baptized
a couple of weeks ago!!!!:) Now I know that us not giving up on her and us not
stopping to try to see her lead to her being baptized but hey maybe it did and
I am just so happy for her!!!:) I think a lot of missionaries know me for
not giving up on people when it seems like a waste of time. They tell me
oh just give up on them there not worth your time but I believe on not giving
up or giving up on people. A perfect example I have seen while I have
been in MacArthur in A_____ and her family. So many people have told us
to give up on them and not worry about them. We did not give up on them
and because of it she has come to church twice in the last month and is slowly
starting to come back.:) We must never give up. I remember
something Coach Baldwin's dad told me once that he admires in me that how I
would never give up on the golf course. We must never give up because we
never know what is just right around the corner, what might happen if we give
that one more try, never give up.:) Sadly though A_____ and her family
are moving to another ward that is out of our area.:( We are super bummed
but we did what the Lord wanted us to do and now it's another set of
missionaries turn. Our other investigator S____ is doing good!
Sadly we couldn't meet with her this last week she kept canceling on us but we
have an appointment this Wednesday.:) Everybody else we are working with
are doing great and we are still finding those that are ready to receive the
gospel because we know they are out there we just have to find them. We
did a lot of service this past week which was awesome! Haha I love doing
service and helping out people.:)
Elder Delahunty!!!!
Me and Elder Delahunty are doing awesome!!! Haha we are having so much fun!!! Maybe a little to much fun sometimes haha nah just kidding. The best thing is that we both want to work hard and we are both working hard but we are also having the time of our lives while doing it!!!:) It's so awesome that we live so close together back home we already have plans of meeting up after the mission. Our flat mates are doing great and I'm becoming close friends with them as well. They are hard workers and like a clean flat which all of us love!!!:)
President & Sister Back!!!!
We had interviews
this past week with President and Sister Back which were just awesome!!
My interview with President was great! I love talking with him, he is such an
awesome man and I always learn so much from him. My interview with Sister
Back was awesome as well!! She gave me some awful news though!!! So
because of the change in the MTC and because of the 10 week transfer we just
had we all go home 2 weeks earlier!!! I was so sad when I heard this but then
she told me we could extend if we wanted to and I told her YES!! but she checked
my visa and it doesn't go long enough.:( I was so bummed!:( It's looking like
I'll come about around the end of July like the 25th or something like that but
we will have to see. We also had stake conference this past week which
was great! We heard wonderful talks and we even got to hear awesome talks
from President and Sister Back. President Back's was amazing like always
but I really liked Sister Back's this time. She talked about loving
others and how we should ALWAYS love our neighbor. Her challenge to all
of us was to love our neighbors and so my challenge is the same to all of you
guys, even if they are the one in the wrong, or there the mean one, just
remember what Christ would do. Matthew 22:37-39 "Jesus said unto
him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy
soul, and with ally thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the
second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
If we always love others we will be happier and be more like Christ and who
doesn't want those two things.:)
Gotta go!!!!!
Well I gotta get going but I want to thank you guys for everything that you guys do and for always being there for me. Yous are the best family ever!!!! I am so excited to see you guys next week remember it'll be around Monday 10-11ish here so Sunday 6ish there. Can't wait to see all of yous!!!!!:) Hey mom guess what?!?! The ward has asked me and Elder Delahunty to give a talk this Sunday on Mother's Day! I was so excited because what better talk to give then about my awesome mom!!! Have a great week!!!
Wise Words From the Elder
Remember the basics
of our gospel and stick to them. Alma 37:6 "...that by small and
simple things are great things brought to pass..." we don't need to make
things to complicated don't over-stress things. Haha I have learned that
one from experience.:)
Love all of you guys see yous next Monday and have
an awesome week!!!:)
Love Elder Stott
No comments:
Post a Comment