I LOVE THE TEMPLE
| Love the Temple!! |
| Waiting at the Bus stop! |
![]() |
| Elder Delahunty is now a Aggie fan!! No more utes! |
The Book of Mormon!!!
I read this talk in the ensign this past week about this Sister that wanted to read the Book of Mormon every month for a year and for her to do this she had to read like 18 pages a day or something like that. She wanted to deepen her love and understanding of the Book of Mormon but with a crazy schedule with kids and school and family duties and a crazy schedule she didn't know where she would find time. She prayed and asked for help to be able to wake up in the mornings to read the Book of Mormon. God helped her in her righteous desires and she achieved her goal of reading the Book of Mormon every month for a year. I like this story because so many of us are to busy with life and with the world we feel like we don't have time to read our scriptures or go to the temple but if we ask for help from above He will help us just like this Sister. It might be the early morning session of the temple that we should go to but He will help us in our righteous desires.
This past week has been GREAT and we are working hard.
We have not seen much success but I have learned so far on my mission that success that we experience is according to His will and not my will. If a mission happened the way we wanted it to happen it would be so easy and we would be baptizing heaps of people each week and helping less-actives come back to church with ease but all of us must remember, I must remember that God is in charge and He has a plan. His will over my will. Me and Elder Delahunty have done a lot of finding this past week especially yesterday that is like all we did and we only got one potential this past week. Her named S____. She is fijian-indian and in her 40's. She is awesome and she has started reading in the Book of Mormon this past week so please pray for her. I know you guys are always praying for our investigators and thank you so much for that it means a lot. C____ is still doing good he is kind of stubborn though he doesn't want to rush into anything so he is taking his time but slowly but surely. A____ and her partner T___ are doing good sadly they are moving this coming week so it will be sad to see them go. If that is what the Lord wanted to happen all we can do as missionaries and as members is try our best. We can't determine the outcome or the success we have all we can do is try our best and then see what comes of it. I really like this quote by Joseph Smith Jr. "We will try our best and then move on." I LOVE the example of Joseph Smith because he would always try his best but yet he never really got a break. Somebody seemed to always be doing something to him and why? He was the Prophet of the Restoration. He was doing so much and was such a righteous man but yet went through so much. I believe Joseph Smith understood God's will and for it to be done not his will to be done. I am learning that right now and we all can learn that. I cannot control how many lessons I teach in a week or how many baptisms I have on my mission because in the end that does not matter. All that does really matter is that I, we try our best and work hard. One thing I have learned but was hard for me to accept was that I am not perfect. We all get lazy sometimes and lose focus at times but that doesn't mean we aren't trying our best. What matters is that we are trying and if we are doing that, that is all we can do and the results of us trying our best that is up to the Lord. We don't know what he has in store for us but if we are willing to subject to His will we might not like it but if we do His will over our will in the end we will be so much happier.
Wise Words from the Elder
I read this talk this past week titled the "Gardner and the Currant Bush" I don't remember who it is by but it is all talking about His will be done not thine. I really liked it because all of us are on different journey's. I don't know what His will is for me for the rest of my mission and what success I will have and what challenges I will go through but I know that no matter the end result of baptizing more people or not that, that is His will for me and I am okay with that as long as I try my best that is all I can do. Man mom, dad ain't my mission great!!! I am learning and growing so much. Like I just know that what I am learning right now on my mission is not only helping me now but will help me so much later in my life!!!:) I am so glad that I decided to serve a mission since I was a little kid. So far it was not what I expected and it has been very hard and I'm not a perfect missionary but God is helping me so much in my life.:) HE TRULY DOES LIVE AND IS AMAZING!!! I had a really cool experience this past week. I think it was Wednesday or Thursday and I was kind of stressed out because of everything going on. It was at the end of the day so I sat down with the Book of Mormon and said a prayer to help comfort me. I then opened up the Book of Mormon to a random chapter. The chapter was in Alma chapter 60 one of the war chapters and I thought to myself how is this going to help me because it is a war chapter but I started reading. I read four verses and I felt peace, calmness, and the spirit. I don't really remember what the verses said but that was just another testimony to me that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.
What's going on?
We have interviews tomorrow with President and Sister Back which will be way fun!! It's always great to be able to talk to them and to seek counsel and guidance from them. The new flat mates are good were still getting used to them but they are good. Sorry no info on the Skype call I'll let you know as soon as we set something up. Whatever we talk about on our call will be awesome! I can't believe we get to Skype again real soon it will be so awesome to see you guys!!!:) Haha the meals have been a struggle since Elder Plata has left but it's good now it's time for me to learn how to cook. The other day me and Elder Delahunty cooked spaghetti!!:) Elder Ferreira is a good cook as well but no where close to as good as Elder Plata. No we don't ride bikes at all. Haha it's funny I think I have only ridden a bike like 3 times on my mission so far. We either drive or takes the public transportation. We don't even have bikes in our flat. We have been making the basics lately for food. We usually make sandwiches or noodles or rice. Oh ya I have some pictures to send I'll try to remember to send them when were at the chapel this afternoon. Ya it is starting to look like fall now. It is starting to cool down and the trees are losing there leaves.
I am doing good lately my thoughts are kind of getting the way they were again so I have been trying really hard to be extra kind to myself so any tips or encouraging words would be awesome but I am still doing awesome. I just keep moving forward every day trying my best and see what comes about. I love you all have a great week. Hey dad what has been happening with golf? Has the Master's already happened? Anyways thanks for everything and I'm sure before we know it it will be P-day again. Love you all thanks for everything. This has been me and Elder Delahunty's favorite message to share lately Ephesians 6:11-18.
Love Elder Stott
| The old flatmates! |
| New flatmates!! Nice skirts? |
| Elder Stott and Elder Anderson. Elder Stott it's only Fall not Winter! :-) |

No comments:
Post a Comment