Monday, April 11, 2016

WOW!!!!!!!

Wise Words from the Elder/Prophets too!!!


WOW!!!!!  What a general conference!!!  Who loved it because I know that I LOVED it and I didn't want it to end.  Man I would sit down to watch a session and then next thing I knew we were singing the closing song.  It was so amazing and I can not wait for the next conference in October.  Man how about President Monson he is a prophet of God.  I think a lot of people were disappointed in how short his talks were but I know for me it just added another testament that he truly is a prophet of God.  It does not matter in the length of your talk or the details of it.  Our testimonies can be simple and plain with no added fancy to it.  I love when little kids get up in fast and testimony meeting and bear there testimony because it is short and simple.  Our prophet right now at this time is a walking miracle and a testament of the plan of salvation and that God has a plan for each and everyone of us and He will not take us off this life until His plan says so.  We all have a purpose on this life and we will not leave this life until we have fulfilled that purpose.  When I have always heard of the prophet or apostles passing away I am happy because that means they are now on the other side with there family experiencing eternal happiness.  That should be the same for all of us if we continue to move forward in righteousness and endure to the end.  It is hard man oh man is it hard but it is possible.  We can ALL do it and just imagine the reward at the end.  It will be better then a big bowl of ice cream with all the toppings or for me a big bowl of popcorn:) WE can do it and I encourage all of us to keep going.  Man where do I start with conference?  Conference is SO AMAZING as a missionary.  Every talk just seems to bring the spirit so strong and encourage you to keep going.  My favorite part about conference is that it is a "lift me up" not "bring me down" it helps us and motivates us to keep going.  It warns us of things that we need to be careful of and protect ourselves and our families against and it helps us in cleaning up things that we need to clean up.  But the purpose of conference is not to tear us down.  No matter where you are in life you are doing GREAT!!!  And I encourage you all to keep going.  Life is hard and it is meant to be hard.  One of my favorite quotes from Elder Holland this isn't exact but close "why should it be easy for us when it was never easy for the best person to ever walk the face of this earth"  I love this quote because it is talking about our Savior Jesus Christ.  It is so true!  When we look back on our Savior's life He went through so much.  So much pain, so much rejection, so much let down.  His life was so hard but He was able to do it.  Our lives will never come close to what our Master went through while He was here.  But we can follow His example.  One of my most favorite hymns is "Come Follow Me" He was that example to us, a perfect example and we have all the tools and things we need to follow Him.  One thing that really helps me to keep going at times is to know that it is not suppose to be easy and that is why I have so many things in my life to help me keep going especially the Atonement.  We must just remember that this life is not supposed to be easy that is the way Heavenly Father planned it to be because there is no growth or experience or change in easiness all the time.  But ya conference wow!!!  Haha I know I have said this a few times but man I am still on a spiritual high from it.  I wish I could talk about every talk that was given because every talk that was given can help us all so much so I encourage all of you guys to read all of them.  Print them out and read them and find why that talk was given because every talk that was given can help all of us some way.  One talk that I do want to talk about though is the talk given by W. Christopher Waddell of the seventy.  Now I know that sometimes when we hear that a seventy is going to speak next or someone not of the quorum of the twelve of first presidency we kind of tune out.  But we have to remember that whoever gives a talk in general conference they are inspired and called of God to give that talk on that certain subject.  I have learned as a missionary that we are just the mouth pieces or tools so to speak.  The same is that of the general authorities and the things they talk about in general conference is directly from God.  Elder Waddell's talk was amazing to me.  I had a question going into conference and I was expecting it to be answered by one of the twelve apostles or first presidency but my questions were clearly answered in his talk.  I am so grateful for his wonderful talk and the spirit it brought to me.  There were so many other amazing talks but man oh man what about Elder Holland's talk?  Haha man that is one of the best talks I have ever heard!!!  The spirit was so strong as a disciple of Christ stood before the world and testified about us!!!!!!  How amazing is that?!  We as latter-day saints can do it and look how many people are cheering us on.  So amazing and so blessed!!!!:)


Dad I also want to thank you.  

 
When Elder D. Todd Christofferson stood up and talked about dads all I could think about was you.  You are my best friend dad and I am so blessed to be so close to you.  We have such a good relationship.  I see so many people out here on my mission that do not have a good relationship with there fathers even a lot of missionaries don't but I think of yours and mine relationships and we are bestest of friends and we will be forever.  Thank you dad.  You are such an amazing example to me.  I don't know if I have ever told you this but my whole life I have wanted to grow up and be just like you.  You know and can do so much haha earlier this transfer the sister missionaries in our ward got a flat tire and we had to go and help them because they didn't know how to change it and neither did Elder Plata but I did because you taught me how.  Dad you are amazing and I can not thank you enough for everything you have done for me.  Urgh...I am so mad because I am running out of time because I wish I could just keep writing because I could go on and on about you and how much I love you.  Thank you so much dad.:)



I am excited to see what will happen with transfers but I know that whatever will happen will be where the Lord wants me to go.  I love all of you guys sorry for the short letter have a great week and remember what we were taught in conference. :)

Love Elder Stott
 
Eating again!! Elder Fifita, Elder Plata, Elder Delahunty and me:)

Elder Fifita.

Elder Delahunty, wake up dude it's picture time, oh maybe its a food coma!

No comments:

Post a Comment