Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Transfer #6

OH YA TRANSFERS!!!!:)


Wow!!!!!  What a week and now were here again emailing.  Haha I think my flat mates get sick of me saying this but time is just flying out here.  Its seems like yesterday that I was emailing you guys.  And man mother's day is almost here and we get to skype again and I am so excited for that!!!:) Ready drum roll................I'm staying in MacArthur!:) I am very excited to stay in MacArthur for another transfer because I know there is a work that needs to be done.  I am excited to work my guts out this transfer and help so many people come closer to Christ.  You guys are never gonna guess who my new companion is?!?!?!:) I'll give you a hint he was in my flat this past transfer, he is from Draper Utah, you already know his mom.:) Haha me and Elder Delahunty are companions!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):) 
 
Elder Stott and Elder Delahunty were both in the Orange District, this was at Christmas


Silly Boyz!

Now companions

 Man when we got the phone call telling us that we are companions we flipped!!!!:)  We were so excited because we have become such great friends as we have been in the flat together and actually in our last letter to President Back before transfers we told him that we would love to be companions and he granted our wish.  It is awesome and we are so excited this transfer!!!  Haha now you'll have to get to know there family better because I know that when I come home we will be seeing each other a lot.:)  Ya so the way transfers work is on Saturday usually afternoon we will get a phone call from our zone leaders telling us if we are getting transferred or if we are staying so then we know if we need to pack up and then Sunday night we will usually get a phone call from the AP's or President Back telling us where we are going and who our companion will be.  And then we wake up on Monday and travel to our new areas and meet our companions there haha but it was easy for me because I just had to travel to the next bed and there was my companion.:)  Man I cannot tell you how excited I am to be companions with Elder Delahunty!!!  One real bummer though is that Elder Plata is gone so no more amazing Filipino food.:(  Man I am going to miss his cooking he was amazing!!  But he taught me a few things so now it's time to put them to the test.:)  I cannot thank Elder Plata enough for what he has done for me and taught as I have served with him.   Elder Delahunty  and me set goals for this transfer last night and him and me are on the same page.  Our desires are the same and those desires are to become better and more effective disciples of Christ.  This has been the desire of my whole mission so far but as I have found out that it is so much easier if your companion is working for the same goal.  A while back I talked about a talk that I read called "The Fourth Missionary" I am still striving to become that fourth missionary and I know that as we all try to do our best in whatever we are doing we will eventually achieve our goals.:)  So don't give up keep trying and endure to the end and you will be blessed.  I am so excited for this transfer and I am excited to keep working with the people we have been working with because I have grown so close to them.  We have 2 new flat mates and I'll send picture of them soon.  They are Elder Ghanadan from Washington D.C. and Elder Ferreira from Brazil.  They are two awesome guys and I am excited to get to know two more of my brothers in the work.   


Wise Words from the Elder


  Every trial and challenge the Lord gives us is so we can learn and grow.  But as I endured to the end the Lord has blessed me.  I have always heard that, that as we endure to the end the Lord will bless us with blessings after but I never really knew that for myself but I do know.  As I have endured to the end this past transfer the Lord has blessed me with an awesome companion that I already get along with and we are already best friends. It is so much harder when you are working towards something great and your companion is not working for that thing.  


 
Sorry I'm running out of time but our email time will be back to normal next week.  Mom you should totally root for both(mum doesn't know if she would root for GS Warriors or OKC Thunder 2 of Dalton' s fav's) and if they play each other then root for a good game.  Man I can't believe it's already bball finals man it's already April it is crazy that I have been out so long it just go's so fast.  I love all of you guys and and ya I got a package from the Hawkins about a month and a half ago.  Thank you so much Hawkins family it was GREAT to have some American treats:) Anyways I hope you guys all have a great week because I know that I am because it all depends on our attitude.  I love you all.  Thanks mom and dad for everything.

Love your son Elder Stott
 

No comments:

Post a Comment