Happy Valentines Day to EVERYBODY!!!
Haha its weird to have holidays as a missionary cuz your day
doesn't really change and it doesn't really feel like it but haha Happy
Valentines Day. So this past week has been a very good week. I am
slowly moving my way forward and we are going to keep improving. I am
seeing though that through this trial I am going through I am growing and
changing. I am learning how to think different and to be kinder to
myself. I still remember something Elder Whidden told me a couple of
weeks ago. He told me to treat myself the way I would treat others.
I am trying to do that and not expecting so much out of myself. I think
that before my mission that missionaries are these amazing people that don't go
through struggles, that are perfect and carry out the Lord's work. That
is partially true missionaries are amazing people but we are not perfect we
still make mistakes and we still go through trials. That is the way it is
supposed to be but I did not fully understand that at first. When I
messed up I thought I wasn't good enough. I have learned though that even
missionaries, even bishops and stake Presidents, even general authorities are
not perfect. None of us are and we all have our problems and trials in
life. The Lord does not expect us to be perfect he expects us to make
mistakes so we can learn and come to truly understand the true meaning of the
Atonement. I have learned so much about the Atonement while on my mission
and that it is more then just us being able to be forgiven of our sins.
It is so much more. It is the ability for us to keep going and it gives
us strength to keep going. It helps me so much to know that the most
amazing man to ever walk on this planet went through the same exact things I am
going through. He has felt what I feel He has see what I see He KNOWS
what I am going through. I am able to turn to Him for help because He is
waiting there to help me it is just up to me if I let Him help. This is the
same for everybody that is the reason He went through the Atonement first so we
can be cleansed from our sins but second so He can know and feel what we feel
He can go through the same exact things all of us will go through so we will be
able to turn to him for help and He will be able to help us. The
Atonement is truly amazing and we as Latter Day Saints must take advantage of
it and use it all the time.
This past week has been great!!!
We had A______ baptism on Saturday!!!!:) Man it was
awesome!!! It helped me so much. Through everything that has been
happening it has been hard because I haven't been completely focused on the
work but it helps me so much to know that through everything going on we have
still been able to fulfill our missionary purpose and help A______ come
closer to Christ through baptism. I have really seen the Lord take
control and that His work will continue to move forward no matter what and that
He uses us as tools to make us stronger. I am grateful for that. I
am so blessed that He has chosen to be a part of the J_______ family because
it has helped me so much during this tough time of my life. It was so
awesome though haha A________ was so happy and she couldn't stop smiling after
the baptism. The Spirit was so strong there that night and I am so
grateful for the spirit because as a missionary the Spirit is what does it all
for you. Without the Spirit nothing will happen.
6 MONTHS, WOW!!!
This week has flown man it just goes faster and
faster. I hit my 6 month mark and when I look back I feel like I should
be out only 1 month. It is crazy how time works. I am enjoying
every minute of my mission and I am excited to see what these next 18 months
bring. The Lord is strengthening me and making me wiser and stronger.
I have asked myself this question why doesn't God just send down heaps of
angels to go around and preach the gospel and baptize them. It would be
so much easier. Everybody would become members, it would be heaps
cheaper, and then everybody would live happily ever after. In all reality
God really could do this but there is a reason He doesn't. There is a
reason he sends out 18-22 year old young men and young women out to serve
missions. To change us to make us stronger to make us understand what this
gospel is really about. He uses us for 18-24 months so He can teach us
and so He can change us. I like the story of Alma the younger and all the
missionary stories in the Book of Mormon. Angels visited these people so
why couldn't the angels just go visit the cities and convert the people.
Missionary work this gospel is supposed to change us. This life is not
meant to be a easy ride. We are supposed to serve in callings and serve
others and to go through hardships to come to realize really how amazing this
gospel is. I am so blessed to have it in my life and to be able to share
it with those here in Australia. I am a very lucky and blessed young
man. Thank you everybody for all of your prayers for me. They have
been giving me strength to keep going and to not give up. I know that I
have so many people back home that are cheering for me and want me to keep
going your prayers really do help me and I feel them constantly so thank you so
much for those.
Blessed for great Flat Mates!!!
Tidbits and Stuff!!!!
A typical Sunday is we have church at 1 so we do
studies and everything and they we have meetings like ward council or MCM
before church and then we have church and then we will meet with investigators
and stuff after church. Sunday's are always a really good day to see
people. Nah no package requests I'm excited to get it though I can't
believe haha I'm going to be 19. Funnest thing we have done on P-day a couple
weeks ago we went bowling and laser tag as a zone which was way fun. When
we played laser tag they messed up on mine and I was on a team all by
myself. haha it was way fun.
What you doing from your B-Day???
I"ve been craving a big juicy steak lately
cuz I haven't had one since I have been out.:)
So the first counselor in the bishopric Brother
O_____ and his family are going to have us over for my birthday and have
big islander feed and have cake and everything. the members are so
awesome here they really watch out for us and they make us feel loved.
Wise Words from the Elder
Love you all have a great week and turn to the Lord for help and strength because He is the light and the way.
I pray for you guys all the time.
Love Elder Stott
No comments:
Post a Comment