"FOOD, FOOD AND MORE FOOD"
So this past week haha has been full of feeds. So the reason we call it feeds over here instead of meals or whatever is because of all of the islanders because when you have dinner with them it really truly is a feast!!!! So last Monday we had dinner over at the J______ and man it was so good. It was a whole bunch of asian food and haha when I get home you guys are gonna be surprised how much green stuff and other foods I eat. :) Tuesday a member bought all of us pizza haha a whole pizza for each of us.:) Thursday another member bought us KFC. Man the members here treat us so good and buy us so much food. Haha when they buy you food they buy you enough for like 4 meals because for them that's one meal.:) On Friday we ate at a Members house and they fed us this spanish rice with veggies and chicken and man it was so healthy and it was so good :) the members were from Chile and they made a really good dinner. Saturday for lunch after a service project and member took us to a Chinese restaurant. Now Saturday night haha was the best feed. We went over to the O_____ house and they are a great family he is the first counselor in the bishopric and that was the biggest feed I have ever had but it was so good. It was a classic aussie feed "HEAPS" of meat haha I had 2 big steaks and heaps of other food haha man it was awesome!!! Sunday after church we went to another members and they made these wraps with this hot sauce in it and man was it hot. Both me and Elder Plata love hot stuff but the sauce was so hot we were both crying haha it was crazy.:) Ya so we have been fed very good this week and of course we always have Elder Plata's cooking. He asked me this week what one of my favorite meals my mom made back home and I told him Shepard's pie and so guess what?! He made Shepard's pie and it was amazing but don't worry mom not as good as yours :) That's what that picture is of with the food in the bowl.:) I'm starting to get close with some of the members here especially the O______ there the family that wants me over on my birthday and then also Sister W______ she is the relief society president and she is a really awesome lady.:)
The Atonement is so Amazing!!!
Thanks for all the emails and thanks mum and dad and everybody else for the Birthday Package. So if it's suppose to get here today hopefully I will get it on Wednesday because we have zone conference this Wednesday. Man I can't wait and I don't know yet if I am going to wait to open it on my birthday or when I get the package. But thanks for sending it, it always helps and means a lot when I get things from home. Thanks for packing something for A_____ she is going to love it!!!
A_______ is the girl in the middle with the white dress and the flowers. It was such a cool night and it was way cool because her father got to baptize her which made it that more special. This week has been kind of slow for the work but it helps to be able to look back at A_____ and R______ and to know that I am making a difference and helping others come closer to Christ when at times I might not feel like it. This past week has been a very good week with my thoughts and feelings I am definitely on the rise and improving and I look back and I have learned so much from this challenge. The biggest thing I have learned as able to think different and treat myself so much more fair and nicer and not get mad at myself for making mistakes. No one is perfect and that is what we have the Atonement for. I have been very tired lately this last week. The psychiatrist's told me this was going to happen and so I slipped up a few times and fell asleep and didn't work the hardest this past week but I hope to be over that and work hard again this week. The Atonement is so amazing because when we mess up we are able to ask for forgiveness, be forgiven, and move on. I used to dwell on my mistakes and not move on but I am have learned that it is as easy as that, that once we repent to move on and forget and remember no more. Man I am learning so much on my mission it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!:) I learn new things all the time and I constantly learn more about the Atonement and what it's all really about man I think you could study the Atonement for 10 years straight and still not know everything about it. One thing that President Back always tells us missionaries is "the Atonement is real" I know that it is real because I have felt the power of it in my life and have seen the power of it in other peoples life's.
One cool experience this week!!
One really cool experience we had this week was we were walking down a road and there was a really nice Samsung phone on the side of the road. We picked it up and decided to get it back to the owner so we called one of the contacts to get the phone back but they lived in Adelaide and he told us to take it to the police station and one our way to the police station we found the guy that lost his phone. He was an older man in a motorized scooter and he was looking for it. We were able to get him his phone back and it all worked out. We told him who we were and what we taught but he was not interested which we were kind of bummed about but I thought later that even though that experience didn't lead to anything or us teaching him we were still able to help him. As missionaries we are supposed to be as much like Christ as we can and Christ always goes around doing good for nothing in return He doesn't expect praise or for someone to teach or for money He goes around doing good out of the kindness of his heart. We all need to do the same to do good for others out of the kindness of our hearts not for glory or fame. It didn't matter that we weren't able to teach that guy but we were able to help him out just like Christ would do with nothing in return. This work is awesome and it makes me realize a lot of things and what it's really all about.
Good friends and other stuff!!
Elder Delahunty is awesome and we are getting to become great friends!! Haha as you saw in the pictures we dressed up one day pretty much exactly the same.:) Both of our companions like to do there own thing when were at the flat and sometimes we just need a break from our companions so it's really nice to have a really good friend in the flat to hang out with. We really hope that we can become companions. Haha don't worry about getting on my email mom haha I trust you.;) Did you get my one email asking what shirt size dad wears? if not what size do you wear dad? I have something really cool I want to buy you. :) Also how much Christmas money do I have left? Hi Dani thanks for your emails each week I hope all is going well. I can't wait to see baby Patrick I bet he's gonna be a golfer just like his brother John.:) Thanks for your wonderful example Dani and Caleb of raising a family in this crazy world on the principles of the gospel. Thanks mom and Dad for everything. The photos of the scenery were taken at a place called Blair Athol on the top of the hill there. Blair Athol is where our chapel is. Thanks everybody for all you guys do let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you guys.
Wise Words from the Elder
The work might be slow but I will never give up because the reward at the end of every challenge is so worth it. Love you all remember Prayer is the way we ask questions the scriptures is where we receive our answers and we are all entitled to personal revelation and personal revelations is amazing because it is directly from God to ourselves. Love you all have a great safe week!!!:)
Love Elder Stott
P.S. You can make it through anything with a smile on your face so smile!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment