Monday, January 4, 2016

WOW!!!!!!!!

This week has been one of the craziest, funnest, hardest, weeks of my life. 

 Haha man oh man oh man!!!!  First off I want to thank you guys for everything for Christmas man you guys didn't have to do that thank you so much.  Also I loved seeing you guys when we skyped man it was so awesome to see all of you guys.  It's been kind of hard I have missed you guys a lot since the skype call and I'm trying not to think of you guys and I'll for sure keep trying.  I love you guys miss you guys but there is no place I would rather be then in MacArthur.  So transfers!!!!!  Man it was crazy!!  It was really crazy because it was Christmas and skype and deep clean and transfers and everything but the Lord has called me to serve in MacArthur.  It was really hard to leave Mudgee.  I have lived there for 4 1/2 months and that little town became my home.  I loved it there.  I became so close to the members there and I worked hard there.  It was hard to leave but I knew a new adventure awaited me in MacArthur.  It was also sad to leave Elder Leal.  I loved that guy!!  We became such great friends and I hope later in our missions we will meet up again.  
Best Buds!!!


Look at me Mum I'm a great packer!!!  (we see the handle to the popcorn maker, yah)

  


Introducing Elder Plata!!!
 
Elder Plata and Elder Stott

My new companion is awesome!!!  His name is Elder Plata and he is from Laguna in the Philippines.:)  This is his third transfer. Haha and man he is an amazing cook.  He is 21 and he just graduated from University.  He went to school to be a chef and man he is awesome!!  Haha he is going to make me fat this transfer though :)  He has made some great meals so far but my favorite is he makes the best fried rice.  I have no idea what he puts in it but it is so good.:)  When I first got the call that I was being transferred I said a prayer for my new companion and for me to love him.  I love him but I am also trying to get used to him.  We don't really have a whole lot in common and we are kind of opposite but I am changing to become closer to him.  We are starting to become friends and as time goes on we will become closer.  I constantly pray for him and me to become closer as a companionship and I pray that I will love him more and more everyday.   


My new Home away from Home!

Haha well let's see MacArthur:) it's about 30 minutes South of Sydney in Campbelltown.  We live in a suburb Eagle Vale.  Man it is SO much different then Mudgee first off we have another set of Elders in our flat.  Haha it's so different cuz back in Mudgee the closest missionaries were and hour and a half away.  Haha there is also 8 missionaries in our ward.  It's crazy there are so many missionaries around and we see them constantly during the day.  Our area is pretty small it consists of three suburbs Blair Athol, Blairmount, and Woodbine.  We had to split up all of our area's so we don't keep running into each other so much.  Our chapel is huge!!!:)  Haha well it's not huge but compared to Mudgee's little house it is huge!!:)  It's the stake center and it's just like our church back home the one we go to right across from Sky View.  It's nice to be in a ward again.  It was nice to be in such a small branch and help run everything but I like being in a ward.  It's not a huge ward about 120 active members and there all islanders.  Haha I think there was maybe 15 non islanders in our ward this past Sunday.  I am so excited to be here and I am ready for a new adventure!!!:)  This week has been hard trying to get used to everything.  It is so different even the work is different.  We don't have a car :( or bikes we just walk everywhere or ride the bus.  It's hard because we have to schedule our day around the bus schedule and it makes it hard because we want to be in one place but we can't get there.  Were trying to learn how to plan our day with the bus schedule so we can be the most productive.  We do a lot of walking around to investigators houses and less-actives to see if there home.  It's frustrating because we try to set up appointment's to come by on a certain day at a certain time but they all just say if you come around whenever and were home then were home.  It's frustrating I wish they would just say ya come over Tuesday night at 7.  It's hard sometimes but you know we are working hard, we are out and doing,  we are trying to teach people, I am giving my best and you know that is all that I can do and if we keep it up the Lord will bless us for our efforts. P-days are going to be a lot more crazy but also a lot more fun.  We do emails at the library as fast as we can and then we shop really fast so then we can go to the chapel and play sports for the rest of p-day so sorry if my emails won't be as long anymore I will still try to talk as much as I can about the week.  I'm grateful to be here in MacArthur now  and I know this email might sound bad but it has been an AWESOME :) week!!!!  I am adjusting really well and getting used to everything.  




All I want to do is TEACH people!

It's hard because all I want to do is just teach people I have learned so much while I have been out and I want to share that with people and help them come closer to Christ but it seems like we never get to really teach a whole lot of people.  I was thinking a couple of days ago I just wish we had a lot of people to teach so we can help them and I was pondering and praying and I started thinking about myself.  I thought of myself before my mission and where I am now.  The whole entire time I have been out on my mission I have had one progressing investigator on my mission and that is myself.  My mission is changing my life.  I am learning and growing so much everyday.  A mission is hard it is so much rejection and constant disappointment but it is making me so much stronger.  I have had this feeling that will come up and it has been really strong this past week.  I don't know what it is and it's hard to explain but it's this feeling of like anger and wanting to give up and that I'm not doing a good enough job and that I don't deserve things.  I have been working SO hard  on my doubts and trying to not be so hard on myself and I have prayed so much on my mission and this past week about this feeling. God will take it away and help me but it seems to always come back.  If you guys have any ideas maybe you will be the answers to my prayers.  Maybe it is my trial to bear right now but it is affecting me as a missionary and around others any suggestions that would be awesome thanks.    



Wise Words from the Elder.


This past week I gave a training yep I'm still a district leader:)  and I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to have prepared for it but I relied on the spirit and it turned out to be a great training.  We can all rely on the spirit to be there to help us if we are worthy and if we teach about truth.  I am so grateful for prayer I have used it so much this past week and I am establishing such a great relationship with my Father in Heaven and I KNOW that he hears and answers all of our prayers haha the hard thing to remember is though that he answers in his own time not in our time.  I love you guys thanks for everything.  I love my new area and am excited to work hard here and to see what adventures come my way.

Love Elder Stott :)
KEEP SMILING:):):):):):):):):)










 

No comments:

Post a Comment