Happy New Year-Working Hard
HI family!!!:) First off I forgot last week happy New Year!!!! Man 2016 is here crazy 2015 flew by and I am so excited for this upcoming year it's gonna be awesome!!! I have the opportunity to serve the Lord for an entire year. :) I am so grateful for all that he has done for me and I can't even come close to repaying him for what he did for me but by serving him for 2 years I can show to him how grateful I am for what he did for me. Haha man the city is SO much crazier then Mudgee.:) There is so much more to do. So many more people to go see so many more people you see walking down the street. We had church this past Sunday and it's so nice to be in a ward again. I got to give a talk yesterday and it was good. Haha I have given a lot of talks while I have been out on my mission but the one I gave yesterday was different. I had prepared to speak on a topic and I had notes and scriptures and everything and I was sitting there during the sacrament hymn and I felt impressed to speak on something different. I searched for one scripture and I went off of that haha and pretty much winged it for my talk. I was led by the spirit and so many people after thanked me so much for my talk. I was so grateful for the spirit and the opportunity that I have to be so in tune with it on my mission. It amazes me how in tune with the spirit missionaries are. Haha I have heard stories of people giving a talk with nothing prepared and going just off the spirit I am so grateful that God has enough trust in me to do that with me.
4 Elder's in one apartment, O Boy!!
I love having a four man flat though its awesome!!!! So the other companionship is Elder Lee and Elder Tealofi. Elder Lee was my first district leader out in the "Bush" and we got to be really good friends and so it's awesome to have a good friend in the same flat. Elder Tealofi is an awesome guy and he goes home in 2 weeks.:) It's awesome because in our flat we have Elder Plata who is from the Philippines Elder Lee who is from New Zealand and Elder Tealofi from Tonga so it's really cool to get to know all of the different cultures and everything. We have a nice flat I forgot but I am going to take some pictures of our flat and send them to you guys. Beware with a four man flat though it gets pretty messy.:)
Hey guess what?!?!
On Sunday they had all of the missionaries do the musical number in Sacrament Meeting and I played the piano!!!!:):) I played hymn 116 and they sang it went good and thanks again mum for teaching me the piano sorry for my bad attitude about it. We've been working hard and tomorrow we have interviews with Pres Back, I'm excited about that. One of the biggest things about being in MacArthur ward is there are 8 missionaries in the ward and there are so many members that it's hard to get really close to all of them. The branch in Mudgee even though it is small is one of the strongest branches ever. Everybody is so close out there and they all help each other out and they are all great friends. But the ward is still good and there are heaps of great members that look after us and give us feeds and stuff.:)
How are your shoes and Zion bag holding up?
I LOVE my zion bag!!!! It's awesome!!! it has plenty of room for everything and the shoulder strap and the strap that clips around my waist is so nice. It's so nice for walking and my shoes that we got are AWESOME!!! So for you guys sending me pics you guys should do both. I have time to look at them during emails but it would be nice to have some as well because I don't have to many from back home and it would be nice to have some to show my companions and stuff.
Wise Words from the Elder
"Choose the Light" I think the best part about this gospel no matter what we are going through where we are in our life there is always that glimmer of hope that faint light at the end of the tunnel. That is what keeps me going through trials. Our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ performed the Atonement and when he did that he went through EVERYTHING that we could go through EVERYTHING!!! That faint light at the end of the tunnel is our Savior Jesus Christ. He is there to help us and if we choose to follow him "Choose the Light" it will be so much easier. "Choose the Light" is just like "Choose the Right" when we do the right thing when we keep the commandments we are choosing the light. Our goal is to return to live with our father in heaven some day and by "Choosing the Light" we can achieve that goal. Because of the Atonement that Light will always be there it is just up to us if we "Choose the Light" or not.
I hope you guys have a great week!! This is week 3 of the transfer and it is crazy how fast time flies. Tomorrow I hit my 5 month mark. 5 MONTHS THATS CRAZY!!!!! I'm doing good and I will keep enduring. Love you guys hope I answer all your questions I think the best is just list them out at the bottom then I don't have to search for them and then I miss some. Dani I am so excited for you guys!!! March 3 man that's awesome!!!! March is definitely the best month to be born. Love you guys remember to never let go of the rod.
Love Elder Stott :)
Never stop smiling
No comments:
Post a Comment