Monday, January 25, 2016

This life is a test



Tough time in the mission field!!!!


Hi family hope you all had a great week!!! :)  I have been doing good.  I am making progress but the progress is slow and taxing.  thank you for all of the words of encouragement they really mean a lot.  So many people have told me so much and it is all awesome, I think I have to just keep moving forward.  I am trying my hardest to push all of the negative thoughts away and to keep moving forward.  It is hard and I really want to give up.  I just want to come home because then I won't hold myself to such a high standard and the rules won't be so strict.  I feel like I don't get a break.  As a missionary I am constantly working no real time to just relax and chill even P-Days are crazy.  But is it really me that wants to give up or Satan?  I am just trying to find ways to overcome this.  I have been turning to prayer I have been on my knees so many times asking for help and for strength.  I know He is there and he is helping me but I want instant peace and joy for it all to be over and to not be walking through the dark forest anymore.  That is not how it works though.  I might not know the reason why or why it is so hard but I just have to keep moving forward.  My best friend my Savior Jesus Christ is with me every step of the way.  He has gone through exactly what I am going through right now.  He is there to help me and he is helping me.  If he was not with me I would not be out here.  We can't do it alone we need his help I know he is helping me even though I keep stumbling.  Just like you said Dani he is the one who picks me up.  I am stumbling so much but this whole life is a learning experience.  I think the hardest thing for me is I feel like I am wasting the Lord's time because my mission is so short and it goes by so fast and this has been my main energy consumer the last little while.  I feel like I need to be helping others which I still am but I feel like I can be doing so much more but this has been my main focus.  Man Satan is so strong.  I want to just go back to Mudgee I loved it there.  I felt like a missionary I was happy and I was lost in the work.  I am no longer lost in the work and I don't know how to get back to the way I was.  I am just trying to make it day by day.  It is hard I want to give up but this life is meant to be hard.  It was not meant to be easy.  I have a quote on the wall from Elder Holland, "it was not easy for Him so why should it be easy for us, salvation was never easy."  I love this quote!!!!!  Jesus Christ wanted to give up he said if there is any other way.  I want to give up I just want to go home and not be a missionary.  My best friend did not give up even though he wanted to.  I want to become just like my Savior Jesus Christ and so I am not going to give up.  It is going to be hard, everyday will be hard.  What he went through in his life was hard.  But he was blessed for what he did because he kept going.  I KNOW that I will be blessed if I keep going.  If we make it through this life we will be saved and be able to live in eternal life with our Father in Heaven and our best friend Jesus Christ.  WE have to keep going I have to keep going and if we do the blessing at the end will be so worth it.  I know that if I keep going on my mission at the end it will be so worth it.


What's going on in Macarthur?

  Sorry I haven't really talked a whole lot about the work and the area here.  Me and Elder Plata and getting a long really good.  We are becoming really good friends and we are really good teachers together.  One thing that brings me comfort is just like you said dad "the spirit does not dwell in unholy tabernacles" I feel the spirit so much everyday.  I have taught some of the best lessons on my mission so far and the spirit has been so strong.  We were able to give a little girl a blessing the other day and the next day she was 100% better.  It reassures me that the spirit is with me so I am still doing a good job.  We are working with quiet a few people.  Were working with one family a Less Active family the J___ they have an 8 year old daughter who has not been baptized yet and they have committed to baptism and we are going to set the date this week.  We are hoping for the 6th of Feb right before the end of the transfer.  We are also working with a Part Member family the N___.  The mom and dad are very less active but they have a son who is 10 who is not baptized.  The auntie and uncle live with them as well who are very active.  The boy T_____ want's to get baptized but we just have to talk to his parents and teach him the lessons.  We are also working with another couple.  A____ and T___, A___ is less active and T___ is an investigator.  We are trying so hard to get them to come to church but they are having a hard time keeping commitments.  We have taught such good lessons with them and the spirit has been so strong and we gave there daughter a blessing but they for some reason won't come to church.  Haha and they live like 3 blocks away from the chapel.  We are working with them and continue to keep growing there seeds.  These are some of the people we are working with.  We have a few more but these are the main ones we are really working with.  It amazes me through everything that I am going through the work still moves forward.  and even though I might not believe it myself God is using me as an instrument to bring others closer to Christ.  



  Me and Elder Plata are doing great!!!  


  Haha I just had to get used to him cuz he does things a little different.  He's awesome though and I love him.  That is one thing I have loved him from the very beginning and now we are starting to really become close friends.  He also oh my gosh!  is such a good cook!!!!  Haha I want him to be my own personal chef when I come home. :) I think the best thing he has made so far well everything but he makes these wings in a sweet chili sauce on rice and oh my gosh!!!!!! There so good.  He also makes the best soups and stews!!!!  I just wish we had a barbecue because he said he makes some really good things on the barbecue.


We heard that there was  a big storm a few days ago!!


Man the weather here in Australia is so weird.  It has been so hot here like I am dripping sweat when I am doing my studies.  The hottest it has gotten is 43 degrees Celsius (109.4 F) with humidity so everything just sticks to you but then next thing you know its a thunder storm like pouring rain with thunder and lightning but it's still hot.  When it rains here it doesn't cool down it stays hot.  Haha the other day we were out all day in another suburb in our area and we forgot our umbrellas because it was hot and sunny in the morning and that afternoon it poured we were soaking wet haha it was way fun though.  We got so wet I could ring out my tie. :)   


Tidbits!!!!


Were down to a 2 man flat know because Elder Tealofi went home he finished and Elder Lee got moved to a different area.  Haha funny story with Elder Tealofi he took my big suitcase.:)  Haha he asked all of us the night before he left if any of us had a big suitcase he could borrow.  I jokingly said he could use mine.  I didn't think anymore about and that night I went up stairs to go to bed and all of his stuff was packed in my suitcase.:)  Haha but he said he'll bring it back cuz I don't need it for a year and a half. (mum and dad say WHAAAAAT???????!!!!!!)  Haha we'll have to see I might have to buy another one. :)  Ya holy cow!!!!  My 6 month mark is almost here I'm almost 1/4 of the way done.  I have loved my mission and I don't want it to end even though it has been so hard especially right now I would not trade it for anything.  The members in this ward are awesome at feeding us but not at missionary work.  That is why where is 6 of us in the ward and were trying to get members more involved and we will keep trying.  


Wise words from the Elder


Elder Stott's motto:"move forward with faith in Christ, a prayer in your heart, and a HUGE smile on your face and you can make it through anything."

 



Got to GO!!!


I got to get going but thank you guys for everything I know that I have you guys in my corner and are always there to support me and lift me up and are always praying for me and I am so grateful for that.  I have heaps of pictures to send I just keep forgetting to send them hopefully I will remember soon.  Love all of you guys thanks for everything.  Thanks Dani for your email it helped a lot how is Patrick going?  How are you going?  Thanks Love you guys talk to you next week and I want you to know THAT I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!!


Love Elder Stott
 
 
The Boyz, MacArthur district



MacArthur district temple trip  1-19-2016










 

No comments:

Post a Comment