Thursday, April 6, 2017

Emails Again???:-)


General Conference

Hello everybody!!!  How is conference?  Man I am beyond excited for this coming weekend to watch it and have a spiritual feast!  I am sure it is great like always and man crazy to think this will be my last conference as a full-time missionary.  What a blessing it has been to really get to enjoy and utilize the blessing and miracle of General Conference twice a year.  You know before my mission I was just like any other teenager that was excited for conference because it meant we got to stay home on Sunday in our PJ's and watch the TV. ;) I mostly just saw it as a Sunday off but it wasn't until I was called on a mission that I saw how amazing General Conference really is.  Man what a blessing!  

I remember my first conference out on a mission like it was yesterday.  I was in Mudgee and was in my second transfer on the mission.  Haha man that was a while ago.:)  I had just started training Elder Leal what a great guy!  That first weekend we were together was conference and we had no idea how it was suppose to work because we were in such a little branch. (20-25 members)  Elder Leal had already seen this October conference because he was back in Utah in the MTC to watch it and then he flew over and then that weekend we were watching conference because we watch it a week later over here in Australia.  We downloaded all of the sessions on a USB and I sat there and watched General Conference haha not really knowing what to expect.   I remember all of the General Conferences on my mission they are great but this one October 2015 I remember very clearly.  This General Conference helped change my life.  I remember each and every talk spoke directly to me.  Each talk gave me something to work on and encouraged me to keep going.  Every talk uplifted and edified me and that is because I attended with an open heart and open mind willing to learn and grow and change to become better.  Before this as a teenager and kid I never really attended with an open heart and mind willing to learn and change.  I attended because that is what I was suppose to do but it has all changed now.  

I have had two conferences since then one in MacArthur and the other in Merimbula and now I will have one here in Dapto this coming weekend how grateful and excited I am.  I know that we have a living day Prophet upon this earth in these the Latter-days President Thomas S. Monson.  I know he is called of God and is our leader in this dispensation.  I know that his counselors and the quorum of the twelve and Prophets, Seers, and Revelators and they too are called of God.  I sustain and support them in whatever they tell us to do because they are direct mouthpieces from our Father in Heaven.  

On my mission I have not had the opportunity of meeting anyone in the Quorum of the twelve or the First Presidency but I have had the privilege to meet  4 members of the Quorum of the Seventy.  Elder Echo Hawk, (MTC) Elder Nielsen, (MacArthur) Elder Johansson, (Canberra) Elder Haleck. (Merimbula)  It has been so cool and such a blessing to be able to meet these amazing men and hear of there special witness of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.  That is what is amazing about this Gospel and Church is it takes normal everyday people and calls them to something they don't think they can do but through the Lord they help carry out His work on this earth.  What a blessing Conference is and man I am excited for this coming weekend. :)  Hope you guys enjoy conference as well and remember that if we attend with an open heart and mind we will be edified.  I will never forget my experience that I had my first General Conference as a missionary in Mudgee.  It strengthened my testimony 100 fold. 


Listen to the April 2017 General Conference Here.



Dapto

So Dapto?  Man can't believe another week we are emailing again the weeks just go faster and faster and man the count down has started.:)  I'm not trying to count or anything but it seems like everyone around me (flatmates and members) are counting down for me.  Haha wow my companion told me this morning mate you only have 15 more p-days.  I thought wow that is insanely crazy!!!!  I just try not to think about it cuz I know it will be here before I know it and so I will work hard until that day comes.  Dapto is great though we are having a blast and working hard at the same time it's great!:)  All of us in the flat get along great which is such a blessing and we are having fun together.  

The people we are working with are also still doing good and slow progress but it is progress and that's a miracle in itself.  We also found a couple of other people this week which we hope we can follow up with and keep planting and growing those seeds.  The ward is good and taking care of us (aka feeding us) :)  Things are good and Life is Good and I am enjoying my mission just as much as ever.  I still miss Merimbula I think I will always miss that place I feel like it became my true home and I will never forget that place or the people there but we have moved on and Dapto is great and we are serving with everything I got in this area just like I did in Merimbula.  I have been so blessed for the areas that I have had on my mission.  Mudgee, MacArthur, Merimbula, Dapto.  I love them all and am so grateful for all of them.  :)


Wise Words From the Elder

One of my favourite scriptures is Mosiah 26:30 "Yea, and as often as my people repent will I forgive them there trespasses against me."  Amen to that scripture it is real and it works.  The Atonement works for each and everyone of us no matter what and no matter how many times.  If you don't know it just read the Book of Mormon.  It testifies of Jesus Christ and His mission and His purpose.  The Atonement is real I know it to be true because I have seen it work time and time again in my life.  I have seen it work in other people's lives.  Remember Isaiah 1:18.  It works for each and everyone of us no matter the quantity or the seriousness we can all be forgiven and be redeemed through Christ.  Sometimes it is hard. Repentance is not easy it causes us to turn away from the natural man inside of us and humble ourselves to accept Christ into our lives and his redeeming power.  Sometimes it is not easy to talk to our Bishop but remember why we have a Bishop.  He is not there to judge us but to help us.  He will not look at us any different he will praise us for not hiding our secrets.  The Atonement is real the Repentance process works if we do it we will be reborn and feel the joy that we are promised.  Remember the Joy Alma the Younger felt!  Mosiah 27.  Haha sorry the Spirit takes over and I could talk about the Atonement forever I just love everything about it and it helps me each and everyday become who my Father in Heaven wants me to become.
 

I gotta get going but thanks for everything you guys I love you guys heaps and am excited to hang out with you guys but it's not time for that yet.  The time will come and it will be a joyous reunion.  Love you guys heaps.  I'm doing good all is well.  Love you guys.  HOLD TO THE ROD AND NEVER LET GO
Love Elder Stott  


(Shhh.....Don't tell Dalton but Mum and Dad have started the countdown: 111 days!!!)

The Dapto Missionaries along with Sister Tyson

No comments:

Post a Comment