Saturday, April 15, 2017

Conference & Tender Mercies

It Goes Fast!!
Hello I don't think I will even tell you guys how fast this week has gone by because I blink and then I am sitting in front of the computer again emailing you guys.  So haha "It goes fast!"  We'll leave it at that.  So the week man we have had a great week a lot of fun, hard work, and enjoying life as a missionary.  We had tradeoffs this past week and so I was with an Elder Tovi for a day here in Dapto.  We had a great tradeoff and found this really cool girl who is 19 that is looking for something different in her life.  She is going to University (College) right now so we talked  a bit about school and how I will be attending school this coming August.  Haha man how crazy is that but were not dwelling on that right now because that's not what is important at this time in life.  In a few months it will be.  Haha crazy!  We also had a zone p-day this past week as well.  Haha it has been different these past 3 weeks to be around other missionaries again haha even 4 in the flat.  Going from Merimbula where the closest missionaries are 3 hours away to where we have 6 in the ward is a change but it is also fun when we get together to do things together.  We had a very fun zone p-day and played a lot of different games.  Me and Elder Cook also were able to find an older lady this past week through tracting and we first were able to introduce service to her which lead into her asking us questions.  She seems very interested and looking for something that is right.  She has tried others Church's before but has found faults in them but we found her this past week and hope to grow her Faith in Jesus Christ and His restored Gospel.  K____ the less-active teenager and A____ our investigator are both doing well.  We have kept in contact with them but haven't been able to meet with them because they have been busy but they are doing good.  Me and Elder Cook are doing good and so are my flat mates Elder Harston and Afemata.  You know things are going good and I feel adjusted to my new area here in Dapto.  
Elder Afemata, Elder Harston and Elder Cook


Elder Cook
General Conference!
As for General Conference man oh man!!!  What a blessing and how amazing Conference was!  It was kind of bitter sweet though because it was the last on my mission but I am excited for conference back home as well because it will be just as good.  But there is nothing like listening to the Prophet's and Apostles and General Authorities as a full-time servant of the Lord.  It is hard to pick one talk as my favourite but one of my favourites was Elder M. Russell Ballard's talk about setting Goals and making Plans.  As missionaries we are constantly planning each day and setting goals for those we work with.  It has taught me as a missionary how important these two things are and hearing Elder Ballard's talk has encouraged me to over these last few months as a full-time missionary to set goals and make plans for things I want to achieve when I return home and I will base this activity off of Elder Ballard's inspired message.  I also loved Elder Gary E. Stevenson's talk about the Holy Ghost and his role.  How grateful I am for that wonderful gift that was given to me when I was 8 years old.  
As Elder Stevenson was sharing his message I was reminded of the talk that my Uncle Will Larson gave right before I was to receive the  gift of the Holy Ghost.  I remember him holding up a red box that had a bow on it.  When I opened the box there was nothing in it but my Uncle Will told me this would be the best gift I would ever get and it is directly from my Father in Heaven.  I have learned to rely and love the companionship of the Holy Ghost as a missionary and how important it is for us to live our lives accordingly so he can be our constant companion.  Thanks Uncle Will for teaching me so long ago about something so crucial for all of our lives.  And of course I loved President Monson's address to us about the Book of Mormon.  Man what great strength he had as he delivered his message and the Spirit was so strong.  The challenge he gave us all was to read the Book of Mormon and to gain a testimony of that book.  How grateful I am for that amazing book.  I have not read it very many times in my life but I do know that it is true and what a blessing and privilege it is for me to teach people everyday about this wonderful book and how it can help each and everyone of us.  Man conference what a blessing.:)  I will never ever forget the 4 conferences that I have had as a missionary and am super excited for the many conferences I have ahead to share with my family and friends.  Haha Dad can't wait for the October Priesthood session.  I actually had a 2 second day dream of you and me sitting again in a Chapel in Smithfield watching the Priesthood session together and then afterwards going somewhere yummy for dinner.:)  It will be exciting!:)  (Read or Listen to all of April General Conference Here)
Tender Mercies........
Old Friends and The Shoobridge's!!!!
So I also labeled the other part of my letter this week Tender Mercies.  You know over these past few weeks I have seen so many blessings in my life of the Lord blessing me already for serving a faithful honourable mission and I am not even done serving.  But yesterday was a great day.  After we had finished watching conference we helped get ready for a baptism in our ward one of the kids that had just turned 8.  As we had gotten everything ready and as people started turning up for the baptism a man and a lady showed up F______ and M___ P_____.  They are members of the MacArthur ward up in Campbelltown and they are related to the young boy getting baptized.  They were one of the families that I was really close to while I served in that ward and it brought joy and peace to see them again and give Brother P_______ a big hug.  It gave me a little glimpse of the joy that we will all feel when I return home and we have that joyous reunion in the SLC airport.  Just like Alma and the Sons of Mosiah. (Alma 17)  
Also another tender mercy of the Lord is I got a phone call yesterday right before the baptism.  You guys will never guess who it was?!:)  The Shoobridge's!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)  You guys will never guess who is coming up to Sydney for a temple trip and is stopping through Dapto today to spend p-day with us.  That's right the Shoobridge's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They are on there way right now I don't got much time left, but man so excited!!!!  Haha of course Naomi has secret plans for p-day today and we are meeting them at 1:30.  
Man such blessings from the Lord and tender mercies that always let me know that God is Real Jesus Christ lives and that He knows each and everyone of us and cares and loves each of us.  I want you guys to know that I know that this Church is true and that as a Disciple of Jesus Christ I will stand up for Him no matter what.  I love you guys oh so much next week I might have more time to email and maybe we can even chat back and forth.;)  All is going well and no need to worry.  I love you guys heaps and am so glad to hear that all of you guys are doing so well.  Haha don't worry Mum your son will be home soon.  Sister T____ told me on Saturday that you and Dad had started a countdown and that I had some 1#*$ I told her to stop and not say because I didn't want to know.  Haha she laughed at told me your a good missionary Elder Stott.:)  crazy to think not that long left but all will be well.  Love you guys so much!:)  Remember HOLD TO THE ROD AND NEVER LET GO also remember that we may have questions or concerns about some things but that does not mean the Church is True or God does not live.  Remember the Atonement is real and works for all of us.  Love you all!!!
Love Elder Stott

Countdown Update: 101 Days! Almost to Double Digits :-)
The beloved Shooebridge's


Dalton's best buddy Alex




Liam (I think) and Alex


We see you Elder Cook!






With Alex and (I think) Dom






No comments:

Post a Comment