Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Transfer #10! What the Heck?!

Wow transfers already?!?! 

Haha that's what me and Elder Newman said a couple of days ago we could not believe it already.  Each transfer just seems to go faster and faster and man this year is flying by man what the heck October already man it's almost Christmas!  Haha it just flies by but that means we are working hard and doing good.:)  So ya transfers me and Elder Newman are both staying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):"):):):):):):)  Woohoo!!!!!!!  Another transfer together and another transfer in Merimbula!:)  We are both  so excited and I am so excited!  I am so excited to stay with Elder Newman for another transfer he is the man and a great friend!  We get along so good and we work so good together and we are having so much fun together and we have so many plans for after the mission haha because we live so close to each other.:)  Haha he just lives over just by Tremonton.  



Friends Forever

I loved what you said mum and the amazing friendships you make on your mission with companions, with members, with investigators, and with God.  That is so cool that the P________'s follow my blog and man I miss that family and R_____ what amazing friends they are and I have wanted for a very long time to email them and I finally just got there email from Elder Leal!:)  I am so excited today because I am going to write the P________'s an email and hopefully get R______'s email from them.  Oh and also dad you have been saying that President Godderidge has been saying hi haha tell him "hi" back from me and do you think you could get his email I would love to send him an email. Thanks.  Oh also Elder Watts was emailing and he asked me if I had a picture of the Clarkston gang and all of us. I told him that I don't have a picture but that I want one as well.  Do you think mum and dad that you guys can find a picture of all of us and send it to us.  Haha I'm sure you can find one somewhere maybe on my Facebook or something and maybe you guys could send a few more pictures of my friends back home and from dances and stuff cuz I don't really have any pictures on my friends.  Thanks so much.  But you know mum going back to what you were saying how awesome it is to have our friends and especially our family!!!!:)  I think of all of my friends that I have back home and think of them in there life right now and what is going on.  Of course I think of all of my friends like Ryle, Joe, Wyatt, Cole and all them but I also think of my other friends as I have grown up.  Like Coach T, Bishop Jensen, President Godderidge, Jim Hickman, Brett Nielsen, Thurston's, Bishop Schwartz, Watts, Robert's, Demars, Sickler's, Knowles, and many more families.  I also am so grateful for all of the friends that I am becoming so close to on my mission like the P_______'s and R_____.  The M_____'s and the O_____'s and the W______'s, S______'s, J________'s, and J____.  All of the P_____'s and the W______'s, the S________'s and D______ and so many more.  If it was not for the Gospel I would not known these people and these are just some of my friends not even my family who I love so very dearly.  If it was not for the Gospel of Jesus Christ I have no idea where I would be and what my life would be like and who I would know but all of these amazing people in my life is all because of the Gospel.  How amazing this Gospel really is and how it can bring people all around the world with different backgrounds and different interests and can make them into bestest of friends for this life and for eternity!!!!!:):):)  



My Best Friend

My bestest friend that I have come so close to since I have been out on my mission is really my best friend and my older Brother Jesus Christ.  I love my Brother and I can never repay Him for what He has done for me but I can do my duty which is go and proclaim His Gospel with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength.  One thing that I have learned about so much on my mission is about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and truly how amazing it really is.  My favourite verse in the Book of Mormon is Mosiah 26:27 "Yea and as OFTEN as my people repent will I forgive them there trespasses against me." I love this verse and this verse is so true!!!  How amazing this Gospel is and how amazing that one man is Jesus Christ.  I am also so grateful for my earthly parents and also so grateful for my Heavenly Parents.  I have always been so close with my earthly parents and loved them to death and tried hard to be close to my Heavenly Parents but now that I am on my mission even though I am halfway around the world and only see my earthly parents twice a year and talk to them once a week via email I feel we are becoming so much closer and we are becoming so much stronger as a family.:)  I am also becoming so close to my Heavenly Parents and talking to Him constantly each and everyday and learning the will that He has for me and as I place my life in His hands He will take care of me and bless me and keep me safe.:)  How amazing it is.  Also with my earthly parents HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD on Wednesday!!!!!  Haha wow 50!!!!  Haha I won't say anymore but man YOUR OLD!!!!!  But happy b-day pops I love you and hope you have a great day have a big juicy burger and fries for me on you b-day.:)  How amazing this Gospel is and how it blesses us and our families and all of our friends.:)



The Week

So this week has been just like the others crazy busy and working hard and having a blast!  We had a special visit this past week from the senior couple up in Canberra the C_____'s.  Haha it's kind of funny because at time because we are so far away from everybody else in the zone and we have DTM over the phone we forget that there are really other missionaries.:) Haha but the C_____'s came down on Wednesday for a special trip to come and see how we are going and they inspected our flat and we passed!  Haha it's super nice with just a two man flat and a companion that wants to be clean so we keep the flat pretty clean all the time haha except for my bed that is my one weakness of cleanliness and that is making my bed.  Sorry mum but we all have our weaknesses.:)  But ya they came down and they also took us out for lunch which was great and we had a good afternoon with them.  The S_________'s are on holidays because right now it is school holidays so they are down in Tasmania so we haven't worked on the shed this week and they get back at the end of this week so it will be good when they get back.  Um...service this week we have done some concreting for the P______'s  so we are getting our concrete hats on this past week.  We also spent a day cleaning windows on a house right by the beach.  They are a family that we are working with that are non-members and they are related to the P______'s.  We also have done some landscaping this week and making garden beds which has been some really hard work.  We also helped a family move into the area who are non-members but they know the Church and so we hope that service will continue to soften there hearts and we will see what God has in store for them and there conversion.  D______ is still doing great!!!  Yesterday we planned pretty much all of the details of his baptism and he is so excited and ready and we are just waiting for the 15th because the S_________'s will be back by then because J____ is going to baptize D______.  We are becoming such great friends with him and D______ is a very smart guy and loves the learn and learn all about the Gospel.  This week has been very good and we are excited because we have 6 more weeks together!!!!!!  Oh ya haha the park run we did again on Saturday so before this run my time was 30:05 and my goal going into it was to break 30 minutes.  So we ran it and I got 29:06!!!  Haha we were amazed and how good we did!!!!:)  It was great! So we will see how we go this week. 



What I've Learned

Thanks dad for letting me know about the golf man go Rory!!!!!!  It has been really cool over about the last 6 months or so I have just completely forgotten about sports and golf and basketball and of course it is always nice to hear about it and what's going on but it's also great to remember that the Gospel should always be the centre of our lives and then everything else should revolve around that.  I think of something that I learned in seminary that always kind of confused me until I have grown and expanded my knowledge on my mission.  What they taught us in seminary is that for an relationship to work whether it be with your family or your friend or your wife/husband whatever it be that you need to love God the most.  I remember my seminary teacher telling us that what he did with his wife before they got married that he told her that he loved God the most and that God would be the centre of his life and that the triangle would go like this: God would be at the top We would be at the bottom at one of the corners and whoever in this situation is in the other corner for this story it would be our spouse.  He then would connect the lines saying that the only way our relationship is going to work is by having God be at the top as the centre piece and if we do that our relationship will work out.  I thought to myself at that time.  Haha even though marriage is a long ways away I thought how could I love God more then I love my wife or my parents or my family.  Since I have been out on my mission that has all completely changed and I now understand and know for myself that God needs to be at the top and that I need to love Him the most out of everybody.  I can say know at this stage in my life that I love God and I love my Saviour Jesus Christ and they will always be number #1 to me and that if I follow what they ask me to do I will be happy and my family and friends all around me that I love so much will be happy with me and we will be able to achieve the ultimate goal of eternal life.  First great commandment "Love the Lord thy God" second great commandment "Love thy Neighbour" Amen to what Christ taught us so long ago and as we do that our life will be great.  But of course love you family and your friends and mum and dad and Dani and everybody else I love all of you guys so much and would do anything for you guys.:) 
 

That's okay mum about my suit I still have my grey one and the blue one that fit and I wear but I'll let you know if I need to get another one or anything.:)  Thanks for everything and way to go Dani, Caleb you better start doing some curls or something.:)  Hi John and Patrick and congrats John on being potty trained!!!:)  Hi Rotor thanks dad for sending me a picture haha love that dog.:)  Hope you all have a great week remember what the Prophets and Apostles teach us this awesome weekend and apply there words to our lives especially President Monson's words.  Love you guys!!!!
Love Elder Stott :)      

No comments:

Post a Comment