Saturday, October 29, 2016

My Story, Your Story, Their Story



My Story, Your Story, Their Story
 

HELLO!!!!!!  Well here it is another week gone just like that and another great week it was.  It was even better because I was not sick!!:)  Thank you everybody for all of the Prayers and everything and I am feeling much better this week and back into it.  I titled this letter this week "My Story Your Story Their Story" because the last couple of days I have been really thinking about our own stories that we have in our lives and really how cool each of our own personal stories really are.  The reason I have been thinking about this lately is because on Saturday night we had a Branch Activity.  At the activity we watched the movie "Meet the Mormon's."  It was great!  I had only seen that movie once before and I didn't really remember a whole lot about it.  It was also great because a lot of the member's in the Branch have never seen it before and so it was real good for them to watch it.  What an awesome movie it is and it was so good to watch.  If it has been a while since you guys have watched it yous should definitely watch it, it is great!  It's so cool how it's about people and there stories in there lives about the Gospel and how because of  the Gospel it is all possible.  It was so cool to see so many different people from different places in the world with different backgrounds, different lives, different cultures, and different families all have one thing in common.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Anybody and everybody has such a cool story in there life and how there life has gone and what has happened in it but it is so cool to see that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is for EVERYBODY!!!  It is not just for one certain type of people and it only works for them and helps them in there lives but it is for everybody.  It is so cool to see in the scriptures.  The Scriptures are full of stories of different people and how there Faith in God and listening to Him and following Him has helped them in  there life.  Three of my favorite stories in Scriptures is one in the Bible, one in the Book of Mormon, and one in the Doctrine and Covenants.  Of course we all have heaps of favorite stories but these are some of my favorites and people that I look up to in my life.  The first in the Doctrine and Covenants is the story of the Prophet Joseph Smith.  What an amazing story and an amazing man.  I cannot believe even close to how hard it would have been to be the Prophet Joseph Smith and to do what he did.  I love the verse in D&C 135:3 "Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it..."  How amazing the Prophet Joseph Smith and think we are just like him because we all have questions that we want to ask God and others and that is what Joseph Smith did.  He asked God and little did he know the work God had for him to do but man just what an amazing man and what a cool story that we can read.  How awesome is Joseph Smith History and other accounts of his life.  Joseph Smith has a cool story but we have just as cool as one as he does according to God's eyes.  Another story that I love and my favorite Book of Mormon Hero is Ammon.  What an amazing story and look how it started out.  Ammon is one of the Sons of Mosiah and he is good friends with Alma the Younger and look who they were when they first started out.  In the book of Mosiah it tells us Mosiah 27:8 "Now the sons of Mosiah were numbered among the unbelievers; and also one of the sons of Alma was numbered among them, he being called Alma,..." looked what happened to them and how righteous they became and those people that they helped.  Look at Ammon and his life being turned around because of the Grace and Power of God and he went to a very stubborn Lamanite people in the land of Ishmael and look what happens all because of Jesus Christ and His Gospel.  What a cool story!  The last story and the best story in all of the Scriptures is the Story of Jesus Christ.  I do not even know where to begin to explain the amazing, spiritual, sacred, powerful, story of our Savior Jesus Christ.  But we all have a story no matter who we are and no matter where we came from we all have a story.  I got thinking after we watched the movie Saturday night I started thinking of all of the cool stories of all of the members in the Branch and how they got to be in the Gospel and the most recent story of D____ who was there and just absolutely loved the movie.  I started thinking about my own story and how grateful and how special my own story is.  It is different and unique from that of anybody else's story and I love it and God loves it.  I am so grateful for everything that has happened in my life and for what has led me to who I am and where I am today serving a full-time mission to the people of Australia and it is all because of my Savior Jesus Christ who is my best friend.  So I challenge all of you guys this week to think about your own personal story of your life "The Story of ______" fill in the blank.  Think of where you are in your life and where you want to go?  Anything and everything is possible with God and Jesus Christ on our side.  Oh we had an awesome lesson yesterday in Sunday School about the 2000 Stripling Warriors! :)  Also think about other people in your life and there own story and how you can help them in there lives especially those without the Gospel or those struggling in the Gospel.  It is so cool to see the Gospel change someone's life completely around and they become a whole new person with a new purpose and way of living life that is so much better.  It is so cool the amazing things that we see as missionaries and the things I have seen on my mission.  D_____ is doing great and he loves his membership and activity in the Gospel.  
 
 This week's Work! "Tracting"
 
Me and my companion had a real cool experience this week when we went out tracting.  We went and knocked on this door and this middle aged lady answered.  We told her who we were and she told us that she is not interested and that she does not believe in God.  We asked her why she believes this and she told us a story that humbled me very much.  She told us that about 3 years ago her son and 2 grand kids passed away in a tragic accident.  I remember the Spirit so strong as me and my companion opened our mouths and testified to her about the Plan of Salvation.  We gave her a pamphlet and she started to tear up.  A bummer though her husband showed up and told us we had to leave and so we left.  We hope to follow up with her some day but if not we know we planted that seed and testified to her that there is a life after death and that God does love each and everyone of us.  How amazing it is that our own personal stories go passed this life and passed the grave.  So amazing God is and His love that He has for all of us.:) What an honour it is for me to be out here on a mission to Preach the Gospel to the people of Australia.
 
 
How are you guys?
 
 
Haha sorry mum and dad how are you guys?  Man as you can tell this past week has been great!  Me and Elder Newman are doing great!  Are friendship is growing each and everyday and we get along great and we are working so hard and diligently and trying our hardest to be the best we can be and it's great.  We have found a couple of people this week and hope to further teach them and grow those seeds and we continue to work with those we have relationships with especially the members and helping them in an any way we can.  I love what you said Dad and how about service can do so much just like teaching does and the Lord is helping me remember that and that we are doing a good job and He is proud of us and the work we are doing.  We keep the service going and whatever we can do.  It looks like you guys got some pictures and we are almost done with the S________ shed we are hoping that we get to start painting this week or next and we want to finish it before transfers get here just in case one of us leaves. 
Anybody need some sheet rockers? "We work for Teaching appts":)
Crazy this transfer is half over can you believe it!  Only 3 more weeks what gonna happen.  What do you guys think is going to happen?  Am I going to stay or go?  We think Elder Newman is going to get transferred.:( Cuz he has been here for well this is his 4 transfer here but we will have to see.  I am good with whatever.  I love it here and would love to stay but if the Lord needs me somewhere else well then I will go and do.  This is the Lord's work and I will go where He wants me to go not where I want to go because I ain't here for a vacation haha but one of those would be nice when I finish haha because we sure are working hard and we are very tired all the time but the Lord gives us enough strength to do His work.  Another then that this week has been normal.  Ya I'm not sick anymore!!!:) 
 
 
Other things going on this past week

We had a real good branch activity this week and H______ got baptized yesterday which was awesome!!!  She got baptized in the lagoon just right next to the ocean where the water is quieter and it was a real good baptism.  Hey mum that's cool your on the Branch Facebook page.  Yesterday Sister W_____ asked me about you and if you were my mum.  She was the one that took the picture and posted it.  Haha she was like well now that your mum follows the page we need to post a picture to show her that you guys are doing alright.:)
 
 
 Question time? We noticed a new haircut
 
Lookin' Good
 
Haha no I don't get my haircut in Merimbula there is a missionary that when we go up to Canberra he cuts it for us and it's free!!!:)  So I got it cut last week when we went up and he cut it haha right before I got sick.   I am grateful that before my mission we had me save half of my money each time for my mission cuz it taught me a lot and it feels good to know that I have helped contribute to my mission but I also thank you mum and dad for all that you guys do for me and not having to worry about any of that.  
 
 
 USU?
 
Okay mum will do I don't like to think about it cuz it scares me and I'm like I'll just stay a missionary but I know that's the next step in life so I'll start thinking about it and talk to God about it and what He wants me to do and let me know as it get's closer what I need to decide on.:)  Thanks mum your the best.  
 
 
 Fish and Chips

Hi Dad!  haha your questions fish and chips yes we have had a lot lately because it's starting to get real good for them and there the best.  We have fish and chips about once a week cuz when we go to the game night right next door is a take away fish and chips shop and so we always get some food and it's heaps good.  It's like a different fish each day I think just whatever the caught and it's heaps good.:)  
 
Golfing?
 
We haven't been golfing yet and I don't know if we will I hope so but it's just hard to plan to do it and everything but we still hit golf balls sometimes at Mandeni into the driving range pond.:)
 
 
Spiritual Experience?
 
Our Spiritual Experience this week is definitely when we went tracting and talked to that lady and that same day we also talked for a good half hour to this old lady about haha American Politics but we ended up giving her a Book of Mormon.:)  
 
 
Things are going great and we are excited for another week to hit it hard and work hard and help other's cuz that's all what a missionary's story is about serving others and that's what all of our stories should be about is helping and serving others.  Love you guys have a great week!!!!
 
Love Elder Stott :)
 



Sure looks like a vacation spot but we know the Elders are working very Hard!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment