Hi
Everybody!!!!!!
Haha WHAT???? Another week and now October is half
over when will it ever slow down! Mum and Dad I'm so glad that you guys
had a great trip up to Oregon and I hope that you guys travel home
safe. Haha it's kind of cool to think that when you guys were on the
coast that just over on the other side and really far down that's where I
was.:) Man those pictures that you guys sent were beautiful and that's
so cool that you guys met some people from Sydney. Haha were they
members? And that's super funny what they said about the areas that I
served and that is pretty much exactly how all of my areas have been.:)
And yes mum I have some good stories that I will tell all of you guys
when I get home about serving in MacArthur but for now I'll keep them to
myself so you don't worry to much.:) So will start off this week with
the second topic in the title cuz your probably wondering about it. Yep so this week has been great
and really fun except for I got really sick on Thursday and Friday and am still getting over it. We had tradeoffs with the other Elder's up in Canberra on Thursday
and that day we had lunch with the members up there and I got really
sick and we are pretty sure that I got food poisoning.:( Haha it was
pretty lame it was coming out both ends and pretty much the rest of the
night Thursday and all day Friday I just did nothing but stay in bed it kind of sucked because the whole reason we went up to Canberra was for a zone meeting on Friday
and then I didn't even go because I was sick. That's okay and I am
doing better I"m still not 100% yet but getting better and better each
day and I haven't thrown up since Friday. Alright on a better note.:)
The Week!!
This
week has been great besides being sick.
Monday was just a normal p-day
and the S_______ are back from Tasmania so we got to go on a hike
with them and had a fun time!
Tuesday morning we spent making D_______
baptismal program and just making sure everything was all ready to go
for him on Saturday.
That afternoon we helped out the P______ with some service in cleaning
up there yard and we are getting ready to do some more concreting in
the next couple weeks maybe. Tuesday night one of the member's in the
branch there little daughter had a birthday so we got to go to her
birthday party and it was real fun.:)
Wednesday
was a great day! We had D______ baptismal interview and so our
District Leader had to come down from Canberra for the interview and so
they came down Tuesday night and we had tradeoffs with them on Wednesday
and had D______ interview in the afternoon. We also did some service
with the S_______ and helped make a retaining wall in the backyard
for a playing field. That night we had game night and played a really
fun game called Werewolf. It was an awesome interview on Wednesday and D____ passed and our District Leader said that he is absolutely ready for his baptism!:)
Thursday morning we drove up to Canberra for tradeoffs up in our District Leaders area and that afternoon is when I got sick.:(
Then Friday
I was suppose to go to a meeting with the zone but I stayed back at
the flat with another missionary while Elder Newman went with our
District Leader to the meeting. Elder Newman said it was a really good
meeting and I was sad that I missed it. Haha so it was kind of crazy
because we had D______ baptism planned for the next day Saturday at noon and we were up in Canberra about 4 hours away from where the baptism was going to happen and on Friday
afternoon I was not feeling up to riding in a car for 3 hours to get
back home and we didn't really know what to do. We ended up deciding
that we would drive up Saturday morning for the baptism and so that's what we did. We woke up normal time 6:30 and got ready and drove down to the baptism. I was glad we waited I felt a little bit better Saturday
morning and the ride still took a lot out of me but we made it down for
the baptism in time and plenty of time to help set up and get the pool
vacuumed out.
Saturday
was the best day ever!!!!!
I think I say that about everyday that
someone get's baptized but it's because it is true! And the reason why
is because of the Sacred Ordinance and Covenant that is being made that
special day between our fellow Brother and Sisters and God. It just
makes me so happy to see someone make this awesome step in there life
and I was just so happy for D______. Even though I didn't feel to good
it didn't take away from the joy and happiness that we all felt and the
amazing power of the Spirit that Saturday.
He got baptized in a members swimming pool and it was a perfect day for
it and we had a big BBQ after. What was even cooler was that President
and Sister Back came for the baptism. It was so special that they
travelled all the way down from Sydney 6-7 hours to come and support the
baptism it definitely meant a lot to me and Elder Newman and we know it
really meant a lot to D____. It was so great to have them there and
for the support that they show. It was real good to because after the
baptism we had our interviews with them because this transfer is
interview transfer. Haha so the member where D_____ was baptized lives
out in woods a bit so we had our interviews out in the woods sitting on
chairs.:) They were great and I had my interview with Sister Back first
and you know what she said very first to start it off which I kind of
got mad at her for haha she said "Elder Stott you don't have much time
left..." Haha I wasn't to happy with her and I told her I try not to
think about it. She told me that I have just a little over 9 months
left on my mission and that's when it hit me. Over the last few months
or so I had honestly forgotten how long I had been out and how long I
had left on my mission and I just wasn't worrying about it and just
getting lost in the work and then when Sister Back told me this I kind
of freaked out. I know she didn't mean to or anything but I said that
is like nothing at all and it will just go by so fast. It was just like
you talked about mum about returning home after a trip and it's always
great to return home but I'm not looking forward to it and especially
because I know how fast it all flies by and it will be here before I
know it and so I just want to keep working hard and staying focused and
when that day comes we will worry about it then. My interview with
President Back was AMAZING!!!! I had some questions for him going into
the interview on how I can improve and keep raising the bar and getting
better and keep devoting myself to Jesus Christ and one thing that he
told me that I am trying to do each and everyday is to have my life
focused and centered around Jesus Christ and His Gospel and then have
everything else circle around that. That is what I think has been one
of the biggest changes on my mission is how Jesus Christ and His Gospel
has become my life not just part of my life and that everything is
centered around Him and that if I do that everything else will fall into
place and I am seeing as I have done that my life as a missionary is
not perfect but it is awesome!!! I am finding JOY in the journey I am
helping others and I am enjoying life. How amazing His Gospel is and
how it can help us so much in our life if we but just turn to Him and
Follow Him. One of my favorite hymns is 116 "Come Follow Me" and I
always ask myself am I a true follower of Christ? How great it is to be
a member of His Church and to know the knowledge that I do have and to
be out on a mission to share it with those people of Australia who I
love so much like D_____!!! Man still just so excited for him and to
see his life continue to change. It has changed so much and it will
continue to change as he grows and progresses through the Gospel. He is
25 and he has thought about serving his mission which would be awesome
but we think he might but just a little to old to serve since he has to
wait a year to go through the temple and everything but he loves the
idea that he can do missionary work here in the area and we are hoping
that he can get a calling as maybe a branch missionary or something.:)
After the baptism and interviews on Saturday
Sister Back just told us to go back home and rest and so we did.
Sunday was another great day and D______ got confirmed and given the Gift
of the Holy Ghost at Church. It was awesome and we got to participate
in the circle. Haha and I also got to play the piano for Sacrament
Meeting because the Brother that usually plays is gone for holidays.
After Church we did the normal visits and took the Sacrament to some
members that can't make it to Church and then after that H____ S_______ the S_______ daughter turned 8 yesterday and so she had a
real fun birthday party!!! She is going to get baptized this upcoming
weekend. But that was about it for the week and now we are here.:)
That
is a cool picture that you got mum from Elder Newman's mum I haven't
ever seen that picture haha Elder Newman must have got it and I don't
remember it.:) Ya so the orange shirt and I also have a bright yellow
one as well are like work shirts. Those shirts are like what all of the
Aussie's wear that do work like construction or yard work or building
or if they have jobs like that. And there really cool and I just try to
be as much like the people as I can so I thought hey I'll get some
works shirts like them and so when we are doing service I'll look like
an Aussie. It's been kind of cool because we have been doing service at
times and random people will come up to us and ask what we do for work
because of our shirts and then we tell them that we are Missionaries and
some people are like "oh not interested" but some are nice and want us
to come and do service for them. Elder Newman has one too he has a
yellow one. Wow isn't it crazy that Christmas is coming up again
already?!?! It blows my mind um....let's see any requests. There is
nothing that I really need or miss from home but whatever you guys put
in the package it will be awesome because you guys always make the best
packages! Oh maybe another USU shirt mine are getting kind of old and
oh ya some Sour Patch Kids cuz those are yummy.:) But whatever else
will be awesome.
Well we better get going but I hope you guys all have a great week and
safe trip home mum and dad. Read this scripture what a great scripture I
love it! Moroni 7:45-48 Learn it, Live it, Love it!!!! Love all of
you guys thanks for all of the support and prayers they really do work
and help me and those we teach. Keep the Faith, Hold to the Rod and center your life on Christ and you will be filled with the happiness and
joy!!!!!:)
Love Elder Stott
No comments:
Post a Comment