Wow one year!!!!!
Crazy how fast it all goes!! This past week I have been doing a lot of reflecting on this past year and everything that has happened and where I am now compared to when I started my mission and before my mission. Haha wow it blows me away what a year!!!!! And what a year I have left!!!! :):) I am so grateful for this past year that I have had on my mission and this upcoming year that I have on my mission. I am so excited to be able to apply all of the things that I have learned so far that have made me a better, more effective, smarter missionary. I am super excited to see what this year holds in store and what other things the Lord's needs me to learn.
A Prayer
You know this past few days I have kind of relaxed and done a lot of pondering. I have thought of all of the things that I have accomplished this past year and you know I said a prayer in gratitude and thankfulness to my Heavenly Father for I don't even know how long it went but I just remember talking to God not just saying a prayers but actually talking to Him. I have had a few experiences on my mission where I really feel like I am having more of a conversation with God then me saying a prayer. I love what you said dad and those scriptures that you shared. We are able to receive such a strength and a power as we pray and turn towards Heaven for help. But as I was talking to God I was thinking of all of the things that have happened this past year. And I felt that fulness of Joy! I felt that indescribable peace that the scriptures talk about. I felt so good inside as i sat in the chair and just conversed with the Lord. He reminded me that I am not a perfect missionary and that I do have my weaknesses and that I do make mistakes a lot like sleeping in at times and taking naps every once in a while but that He is proud of me and the work that I have done. That there are so many people that I have been able to help and as I have lost myself in the work I am being changed and I am coming out on the other side a completely different person who is understanding what life is really all about.
It's All About Family
This past week has been very good and I got your guy's awesome package!!!!! Wow!!! Thank you guys so much!! You guys always make the best packages with the best stuff inside of them haha and I loved the camel!!!:) All of my flat mates and companions say thank you for the snacks and the socks and everything was just the best thank you guys so much for taking the time and the money to send it. It really does mean and help a lot to know that I have such an awesome support group back home. You know when I have those tough days or tough times I always think of two things first something that Elder Holland said in his last conference address that "Heaven is cheering me on" (read Elder Holland' talk HERE) and second that my support group of friends and family back home are cheering me on as well. It helps me so much to know that and helps me at times to keep going!!! Thank you!!! Also thank you for having my friends over for dinner haha but it did make me kind of jealous that you guys had Steak and Dutch Oven Potatoes.:) Haha that's okay I like the islander food over here.:) Thanks for always watching out for my friends and treating them so good. You know mum and dad you guys are known with all of my friends back home and all of my companions out on the mission as the "coolest parents ever!" And you guys truly are!!!! Thank you so much!!
![]() |
| Miss you Dalton, Happy Hump day!!!! |
The Week
So this week has really good!!! We had a couple of really cool miracles this week while finding. First off J___ is doing awesome!!! He is the man and I am going to miss him when I get transferred but I love him and I know that he will keep going well in this Gospel. We also had this really cool experience I think it was Thursday night this past week it was late about 8:50 and we were about to return home but we were doing some GQ on one of the busy streets in Campbelltown. Haha we walked past this one shop and on the TV was the olympics!!:) Haha so we had stopped just for a second to see how America was doing I think they were playing Basketball but as we were standing there this lady came up to us. She was crying and really upset and she asked us if we had any money cuz she was trying to return home back up in the city about an hour away. As missionaries we aren't really allowed to give people money but she then asked why we are missionaries. As we talked to her she told us that her husband had passed away about 5 years ago and that ever since she has been trying to find a sign that tells her that she will see her husband again. It was amazing!!! We were able to give her a Book of Mormon and a Plan of Salvation pamphlet. We thought it would be best and so we gave her a little bit of money to help her get back home and we said a prayer with her. The next day we gave all of her details to the mission office so they can give her details to the right missionaries up in that area. It was so cool to experience that and that miracles really do happen all over the place as missionaries and according to God's will. We hope that everything goes well for her and that the missionaries up there can teach her and help her. We know it is all in God's hands and I am so grateful that He is with us in this work. This week has just been a good week. This week is the last week of the transfer and we know pretty much 100% that I am getting transferred haha President and Sister Back told me at interviews that I am getting transferred and that I have done a good work here and now it is time for me to move on. Haha I am excited to see what is going to happen and where my next adventure will be! :) I was crazy that I hit a year this past week and haha yep i did burn a shirt! :) It is just crazy to just see everything that has happened this past year and just how fast it has all gone! I wish to share with you guys my testimony as I have been out for a year.
A Testimony
I know that this Church the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true!!!
My testimony is basic and I could go on and on and on and on about this Church and about the principles and doctrines of this Gospel haha but sadly I do not have enough time to do that. The Atonement, the Book of Mormon, latter-day prophets, Joseph Smith, etc......... Haha on and on and on. I am so excited for the time that I do return home to share my whole testimony with you guys!!!!!:) But until then I will keep growing and strengthening my testimony and I will keep learning.
Family Celebrated Hump Day
Wow but it does sound like you guys have had an awesome week and those pictures that yous sent were so special thank you guys for sending those. Haha I'm so glad that you guys got to go golfing and it looks like you guys had the best time ever!!!!!! I'm so glad that you guys got to celebrate my one year mark and I definitely celebrated with hard work!!!! Haha and with an awesome package!!!!:)
| Dalton's second favorite place to be, the golf course. The 1st is on a Mission!!! We Love You!! |
Wise Words From the Elder
I am glad that you guys got to go golfing and have a fun time and dad I am really proud of you for playing in the Club Championship!!!! You know I do a lot of pondering at times when we have some down time about sports and a lot about golf. You know when I first came out it was really hard for me to miss all of the sports events like the Master's, the NBA finals, and the Olympics and other sports stuff. You know it has really made me think what all of these sports and activities and hobbies are for in this life. For a lot of us it is just a hobby something fun to do for very few it is a career and a way of life. For us as members of the True Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the Gospel is our life. Church is not just a hobby for us or an activity that we do when we are bored but it is the way that we live our life. Everything that we do is based around the Gospel and it's standards. Something that helps me is to just remember that I have my hobbies like golf, sleeping :), sports, whatever it be but I have these things for me to have fun and experience joy in this life. If we are having fun at something then it is worth it no matter how good or bad we are at it. One thing that I have found out that I love to do on my mission is read about the Church even though I am really slow at reading and don't understand all of it I enjoy it and that is what it is all about. If we are having fun doing something we should keep doing it no matter the results whether they are good or bad. Haha I have learned this on my mission but before my mission if I had a bad tourney or something what I would do to relax and not stress about my performance is just remember that I still have my loving family and this Gospel and that I tried my best and that is all I can do. Dad from what you told me and I know who you are that you tried your best and that's all you can do and next time you can get out there and try again and just have fun and hey next time you go to the club championship you will have your golfing buddy in the cart sitting right next to you drinking big cups of fizzie and having a grand old time and hey you'll probably be able to beat me!:) Haha not for to long though.:) I love you dad and just remember that golf or any hobby is just for something fun and we just have to keep focused and centered on the Gospel!!! :) I love all of you guys thanks for everything. I am excited for this last week here in MacArthur we have a busy week and I am excited. Hope you guys all have a great week and thanks Dani for your awesome emails I'm so glad John's finger is doing good I pray for him and all of you guys each day. Thanks once again for the awesome pictures wow you are all getting so big!!!! :) Haha Love you guys heaps!!!
Love Elder Stott

No comments:
Post a Comment