Happy Pioneer Day!!!!!!!!!!
Is it Pioneer Day there? Haha I don't even know but if it's not happy Sunday! Aren't Sunday's the best?!?! I love Sunday's!!! :) Well I'll just get straight into this week mostly Saturday cuz I'm sure you guys want to know. :) So Saturday was an amazing day!!! One of the best days on my mission!!!!! Haha it all started at about 8:30 Saturday morning we made our way over to the chapel to get everything ready for J___'s baptism. We filled up the baptismal font, we set up all of the chairs, and got everything ready for J___'s big day!!! :) That baptism started at 10:30 and at about 10 o'clock J___ rocked up and he was ready!!!! You could just tell and the Spirit was so strong and he was so excited!!!! J___ is a very humble guy. He is actually pretty shy and he has told us that it has taken a lot of courage for him to just even meet with us but on Saturday he was just so excited!!!! :) The amazing thing about J___ and his family is he has 8 brothers and sisters and none of them are members. He has a lot of friends that are members and some distant family members that are members but he is the first member of his immediate family. He is that light and the example for his family. His brothers and sisters are all over the spectrum when it comes to religion. His mum is Catholic, he has a brother that is Muslim, and now J___ is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. :) His whole family supports J___ and they are so happy for him and hopefully over time and according to God's will they will follow J___'s example. :) Haha wow there were so many people there on Saturday!!! Haha pretty much the whole chapel was full but haha that's a typical Islander event haha because they have so much family. It was really cool to see though that even though most of the people there were not members they were all there to support J___. Even J___'s brother that was Muslim was there. In the Islander culture family is such a big thing and so important to them and it is the same with the Gospel. It is all about family and I am so grateful for my amazing family!!!!! For all that you guys do for me you guys are the best!!!!!! J___'s baptism was such an amazing day on Saturday!! It was just so cool to see J___ when he went down into the baptismal font in all white and he was baptized. It was so special and the Spirit was so strong. Me and Elder Delahunty were blessed to be the witnesses for the baptism! :) J___'s really close friend was the brother that baptized him and it was such a special day!!!!!! :) It is so hard to describe the Joy and the Happiness that I felt on Saturday. I was just so happy for J___ and I still am so happy for him!!!! The Spirit is just so strong and brings so much joy and just like you said mum this is why I am out here on my mission. To help bring others closer to Christ, whether it be through service, or a smile, or for J___ through baptism. J___ is such a miracle and I know that what has happened over the last 3 months will help me so much for the rest of my life and it will help J___ for the rest of his life!!! This Gospel is amazing and it changes lives!! I have seen over the last 3 months it change J___'s life and as I have been out for 11 months I have seen it change so many other people's lives but as I have served for 11 months and I am so happy that I have 13 months left, but I have seen it change my life and take such a bigger part of my life!:) I know the Church is true and I love this Gospel it brings so much happiness. It was super cool to at J___'s baptism because President and Sister Back came to his baptism as well and they both spoke at the end. It was so special to have them there and it meant a lot to J___ but it also meant a lot to me and my companions. What a privilege to have them there for J___'s special day.
Food!!!!
It was a real treat after the baptism as well because J___ and his family took us to the RSL which is just this really nice restaurant that is a Buffet and it was such a treat that J___ and his family took us there cuz it is pretty expensive. Haha but I definitely ate my money's worth. Haha it amazes me how my stomach has grown on my mission and how much food I eat. Haha I'm becoming an islander especially cuz I love all of the food that they make. Haha it's also crazy of the food that I do eat. I have found out since my mission that I hate olives and mushrooms which I already knew but other then that I will just eat it and be thankful for it!!! :) Haha like listen to this dad! :) We ate at this burger place this past week and I ordered a burger and I didn't get it plain. I got it with lettuce, grilled onions, tomatoes! :) Haha I actually got a burger from Macca's a little while ago and got it plain just to try it and I actually thought it tasted really weird and didn't like it. Haha it was just so plain!!! :) Haha I'll eat pretty much anything the members will give me especially like vegetables i like veggies and haha I have saved some of my companions a couple of times. :) Haha so many good food stories I'll have to tell you some next time we skype. Haha what the heck!!!! July is almost over!!!! Christmas will be here before we know it!!! In a couple of weeks I hit my year mark!!! Haha wow!!!! Time flies when you are having fun!!!:) Ya but it was so nice of J___ and his family to take us to the RSL. :)
Sunday!!!! Joy and Happiness!!
And then Sunday was an awesome day as well when J___ got confirmed in Sacrament Meeting!!! It was an honor as well because J___ had all three of us stand in the circle with him as he got confirmed. The priesthood is so amazing!!! But ya that has been the highlight of this week and it has been an awesome one!!!! I am so happy for J___ and It helps me so much as well for a missionary to help me keep going and to experience that joy and happiness of helping my brother come closer to our Father in Heaven through the waters of baptism. I love this work and it feels so good to try and be the best missionary that I can be. I am not a perfect missionary and I have made mistakes but I try my best everyday and that is all God expects of me and if I keep doing that I will return home with no regrets and return home with honor having fulfilled my call as a missionary and making my Lord proud but haha what am I talking about I still have a little over a year left on my mission which I am ecstatic about!!!!! :):)
This week has been very good all around!!!
On Thursday we took trip down to Mortdale because Elder Delahunty had to call America for something about his Visa card and so that was a fun little adventure we took the train. Other then that just a normal week just mostly getting everything ready for J___'s baptism. We also did good at finding some people this past week and we hope they will start investigating the church. It's been an awesome week and I'm doing great and I just love my mission. I know I say that every email but it is so true!! The 3 amigos are doing awesome!! We are all getting along great! At least I think well at least I get along with both of them Elder Delahunty and Elder Ledbetter are awesome!!! We are working very well together and having fun! Thank you guys for your awesome emails they help me a lot and I hope my emails help you guys to. thanks so much mum and dad for helping Sister Stott when she gets home and that will be awesome that you guys will go to her homecoming. :) thanks for always being awesome to all of my friends tell them all that I say hi and that I love them. I love you guys and thanks for everything.
So why are you in a trio???
So the reason we are in a trio is a couple of reasons but one is because we have so many missionaries and because that is what President Back feels like should happen we should be in a trio. I am loving it and having so much fun!!! Our flat hasn't changed a whole lot but we got another bed so we have 2 bunk beds and then just one single bed and we all sleep in the same room.:) haha it's more fun that way!!! :)
Favorite moment of the week?
My favorite moment this week is most definitely J___'s baptism and his confirmation such an amazing experience that I will never forget!!!
Hardest moment of the week?
Hardest moment this week....um let's see well I think it was on Friday we were just doing some finding in the park and stuff and this guy came up to us and he pretty much just wanted to bible bash. We have a lot of people do this to us and I always feel really uncomfortable and we aren't really suppose to bible bash because it never really does anything but this guy talked to us for a good 30-45 minutes and he would bring up something that we believed or something and we would talk to him and then he would just keep bringing up more and more things which is like normal when someone wants to bible bash you. But I remember that he kept degrading the Book of Mormon and it made me feel really bad because since I have been out on my mission I have come to love that book so much. But I remember I just stopped him talking haha which I normally don't do and I just testified to him right there about the Book of Mormon. I told him that I have read it and that I know that this Book the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. I bore my testimony to him about this amazing book and the Spirit was so strong! I know the Spirit was talking through me cuz I don't really remember a whole lot of what I said but after that we just pretty much closed and left. I guess this wasn't a hard moment in the week but it was a very spiritual moment and my testimony grew and my knowledge grew as well. I love this Gospel and am so grateful that I get to be here in Australia to proclaim the fulness of the Gospel to my lost Brothers and Sister and to help them find there way just like J___ T____.
Year mark package!!
Wow another package!!!!!!! :) You guys don't have to.
Haha but I asked Elder Delahunty and Elder Ledbetter what there favorite
American snack and Elder Delahunty said he would love some Swedish Fish haha
which I know you love to mum! :) And Elder Ledbetter said he would love
some Hot Cheetos :) Haha as for me anything would be awesome. You
guys always make the best packages and they just have so much good stuff in
them!!! Haha I can't wait! :) Maybe like another watch though because I
have lost two of them and the others are pretty banged up but nothing to special
or fancy just a cheap cool looking one from Kohl's or something like
that.:) Maybe Dani can pick it out or something. :) But if it's to
big of a problem don't worry about it. Thanks for everything family you
guys are the best!!! I love emails to get to talk to you guys and I'm
never sad at the end haha cuz I know if I work hard before I know it we'll be
emailing again thanks for all you do and CTR. We taught primary on Sunday
and we passed out CTR bracelets and rings to all the kids. They loved it!!!
Thanks for everything have an awesome week remember it's all about your
attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):)
No comments:
Post a Comment