Man what a week!!!!!
This is week 5 of the transfer and I just can't
believe it. Were a week an a half away from Christmas. 2015 is
almost over and then it'll be 2016. I am so grateful for these past 4
months I have learned and grown so much. Things are starting to
click. And now instead of worrying about how to do things I am able to
just go and do them and work hard. We have worked hard this past week and
it feels good to know that. But I know that I can always work harder.
I can always do more. I want to work the hardest I have worked on my
mission this upcoming week because people's hearts are softer because of the
Christmas season and so next week when I get to skype you guys I feel like I
have deserved it. This is really our last working week of the transfer
because next week we'll have our Christmas conference, P-day, and Christmas and
Christmas eve which we don't work on those days so I really want to work hard
this week so I have that feeling of accomplishment when we relax next
week.
This past week has been GREAT though!!
I was mowing a lawn on Friday I think it was and the whole
entire time I was mowing the lawn I had the biggest smile on my face.:)
While I was mowing that lawn I was thinking about my life and my
mission. I had this warm, happy feeling come over me that my Heavenly
Father is proud of me and my family is proud of me. They all know that
I'm not perfect and that I'm not the hardest worker but they love me and are
proud of me. I also was thinking to myself that my mission is flying
by. I love my mission so much and I am having so much FUN!!!!! I am
so excited when I wake up every morning that I get to be a missionary. I
love everyday putting on my name tag and walking out the door being a
representative of Jesus Christ. My mission to this point has been not
what I expected it to be like and much harder then I expected but it has been
so much FUN!!!!!!!!
Haha as you know I have always wanted to be a
missionary and I am kind of sad that I am 4 months through my mission but I
know that I can still be a missionary when I get home and He has blessed me so
much to have so many people in my life that I can share the gospel with.
There is nothing I would rather be doing in my life right now. It blows
my mind to hear about everything that is going on around the world and I love
that I am able to go around and teach people.
Planting Heaps of Seeds!!!
We have talked to a lot of people this past week
and are planting heaps of seeds. I have had the privilege to bring one
soul closer to Christ through baptism (R____) :) and if I don't have anymore
for the rest of my mission and all I do is plant seeds then that is what the
Lord has called me to do and I will be a faithful servant. Before my
mission and at the start of my mission I would put "my will" before
"his will" I did what I wanted to do and then think about what the
Lord would want me to do. I have tried to change and 100% completely do
"his will." I am willing to do whatever he tells me to do even
if I don't want to do that.
4 Types of Missionaries
I read this talk at the beginning of the transfer called the
fourth missionary. There are four different types of missionaries.
The first one is disobedient, does what he wants to do and is sent home
early. The second missionary is disobedient but hides it and makes it the
full 2 years. The third missionary is obedient, works hard, receives blessings,
witnesses miracles, and a successful missionary. The same is of the
fourth missionary as the third missionary except for a few things. In
D&C 4:2 Therefore o ye that embark in the service of God see that you serve
him with all your heart might mind and strength that you may stand blameless
before God at the last day. The third missionary only serves with his
might and strength he doesn't give everything he's got. He doesn't put
the Lord's will over his will. The fourth missionary gives everything he
has to the Lord. He serves will all of his heart might mind and
strength. All four, he would rather do the Lord's will then over his
will. At the beginning of this transfer I was the third missionary.
I was obedient, working hard, but only giving my might and strength I wasn't
giving all that I had. I wanted to change that I want to give the Lord
all that I have because everything that I have is because he has given that to
me. I have worked hard on doing that this transfer and I feel like I am
becoming close and closer to that fourth missionary. I am trying to
become the best that I can. I am trying to become that fourth
missionary. I am close I know that I am I pray and ask for help in
everything that I do and to become better. I will continue to put his will
over my will. Do what He wants me to do. If he wants me to be a
harvester I'll be a harvester, if he wants me to be planted I'll be a
planter. If he wants me to be a leader I'll be a leader. I love the
hymn "Come Follow Me" I have come to follow him since out on my
mission and I want you to know that I will always follow him because no matter
where he takes me he will be with me.
Happenings
We had zone conference this past week and it was
awesome!! I always love hearing from President and Sister Back there awesome.
I really love Sister Back every time she gives her presentation it helps me so
much. We also had our branch Christmas party on Saturday that was way
fun!!!:) It was kind of weird thought cuz we were having a barbecue and
playing water games while listening to Christmas music.:) Still trying to
get used to that but with our awesome Christmas decorations in our flat it's
starting to feel like Christmas. Haha oh ya so we had a huge white
elephant exchange at the Christmas party and me and Ethan got these stylin'
hand bags.:) So we of course had to get a picture haha so I'm glad you got it
mom.:) Yep we have a Target here in Mudgee it's really nice and
everything there is really cheap. I got another pair of shoes for p-day
cuz my nikes are gettin beat up for $5. I can't wait to skype you guys Oh
Man!!!! It's only a week and a half away. I can't wait to see you
guys and talk to you guys it's gonna be so much fun!!!!:) Thanks mom for
setting all the skype stuff up we got permission and we checked our accounts
and there all set up ready to go and your name was on the side so all I will
have to do is click it and it'll work. I'm so excited.
Q & A
Do you play the piano much?
No I don't play the piano a whole lot maybe once every other week. We have a member who's really good and knows like all the hymns so she just usually plays.
Any different food that you have had to eat?
The most different
thing I've had to eat....was probably this
seafood salad that someone made for us and all the seafood was raw.
Have you become friends with anybody at stores and just in the area who you guys see all the time?
Ya
we have a lot of people that we are friends with and neighbors and stuff.
We try to be more friends to people then try to preach to them. That's
what we have found to be the most effective way of doing it.
How has the Lord blessed your life this week?
The Lord has blessed me so much every minute
since I have been out on my mission. He watches over us all the time and
protects us from temptation and from danger. I am so thankful for that
and I know that he watches over each of us individually.
How much popcorn do you eat each week?
Haha I have about 2 batches of popcorn a week
and Elder Leal thinks I'm crazy but haha he has about 2 peanut butter and jelly
sandwiches a day haha so we both like our food.
I asked Elder Stott for some advice on a talk I have to give in a few weeks on the 9th A of F.
Dad: Man the Articles of Faith are amazing. These 13
paragraphs pretty much lay out our whole religion in a nutshell. I think
we take these for granted. Sometimes we think they are just for primary
and we don't need to know them after that but they are scripture. That is
why they are in the scriptures and I think we should pay closer attention to
them. Number 9 is one of my favorite's haha there all my favorite but
number 9 is really key especially during the world today. It says that we
believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal and we believe
that he will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the
Kingdom of God. Everything that we believe as members of the Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has been revealed by either prophets or Jesus
Christ. The reason we have everything that we have today is because of revelation.
It's hard right now as well because of the revelation that the prophet and
apostles just received about the LGBT and other things about the church.
But if we just got back to the basics what we learned in primary the articles
of faith just like it says in the 9th Article of Faith that We Believe all that
God has revealed. God will never reveal something to us that is not true
he just won't. He knows what he is doing he is the master planner of all
planners and everything that he reveals to us is to help us. I know that
everything that the church has changed over the years was from God through
revelation and I know that the changes they have made are to help us in the
latter-days.
Hope this helped I know you'll do great!!!!
Wise Words from the Elder
I love all of you guys talk to you next Tuesday it'll be the
day after cuz our Christmas conference is on Monday. Serve Serve Serve.
"When you are in the service of your fellow beings you are only in
the service of your God." This time of year is the perfect time to
serve others. It doesn't always have to be in money or gifts it could be
just as easy as stopping by somebody's house and having a chat or calling them
on the phone and talking to them. Love you all have a great week!!!
Love Elder Stott
| Humble Christmas Missionary style!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment