Mirror Mirror!!
Well here
we are another P-Day it just seems like every week goes faster and
faster. I'm coming up on my 4 month mark and it seems like it was just my
3 month mark. Back home I had friends or people in our ward go on
missions and it amazed me how fast they left and then were back home just like
that. The same is happening to me. I am almost 1/6 of the way done
with my mission and it blows my mind. I look back over these last 4
months and see how much I have changed. I look in the mirror every
morning and I honestly see someone different every time I look at myself in the
mirror. I see myself becoming the young man the Lord wants me to become
not who the world wants me to become. I am so eternally grateful for
that. I have changed so much and learned so much and there is no other
place I could do that except for on a mission in Australia.
Thank you
so much mom dad dani everybody for helping me with my doubts. One of my
favorite scriptures is Ether 12:27 one of my weaknesses is I doubt myself and
am hard on myself. It was really good for me to ask you guys for help and
your words helped me so much and those doubts have left. So thank you so
much. I am working on my weaknesses and through God they are becoming
strengths.
This past week has been so much fun!!!!!
I have
been everywhere and haha I am sick of driving and being in the car. I
have driven about 1500 Kilometers this past week it has been crazy but has been
so much fun. I was so blessed to be able to get to go to MLC this
past week down in Sydney. It was where all of the leadership so the Zone
Leaders and Sister Training Leaders in our mission met up and had a conference
with the AP's and President and Sister Back. My Zone Leader Elder Ballard
brought me along and I was the only District Leader there. It was so
awesome to be there and I love hearing from President and Sister Back. It
inspired me to become that much better and work that much harder. While I
was there during lunch President Back was talking to me. It's been hard
because Mudgee is one of the toughest areas in our mission it's hard to find
success and show to President that you are working hard. He talked to me
and he said that he totally understands what Mudgee is like and he knows that
we are working hard and that he doesn't expect anything more out of us.
He knows that what happens is in the Lord's time and he knows that we are
working hard. I am so blessed to be out in Mudgee I love it here and I
wonder if I will stay here for another transfer or not.
Christmas Christmas Christmas!!!!!
Thanks so much mum and dad for the package man
when I saw it, it was huge I hope it didn't cost to much but I love getting
stuff from you guys. Haha I am learning patience because we are waiting
till Dec. 13 to start opening the packages.:) So talking about Christmas
I am so excited for it. So Christmas eve all of the missionaries in the
Orange zone are going to drive down to Bathurst where there are both sisters and
elders so we can have a sleepover that night and there is also a senior couple
there that are like the best senior couple ever and on Christmas day were gonna
have a big party and play games and eat food and watch a movie it is gonna be
so much fun!!!!!! We are so excited!!!!!! Thanks so much mom for
setting up the skype it will work so good and it will probably be closer to
around 10 when we skype which I hope is ok. We get 45 minutes to skype
which will be so awesome I can't wait to see you guys and see John.:)
I Love Being a Missionary
I haven't
really been in Mudgee this week cuz Monday after P-Day we drove down to
Bathurst and then Tuesday we were in Sydney all day and Wednesday and Thursday
we were on tradeoffs in Bathurst and Friday we were in Orange all day for ZTM
but I got to be in Mudgee for the weekend which was nice. Elder Leal was
with Elder Ballard's companion for most of the week here in Mudgee and they
worked hard. I love my companion he is an awesome guy and we have made
friendship that will last forever.
Our
investigators are progressing very slowly but hopefully with the Christmas
spirit we'll be able to start teaching them more. I love being a
missionary and I love knocking doors and trying to find those people that are
out there. Most missionaries don't like knocking doors but I love doing
that because I know the message that I bring to each door is true.
Q & A
Do you keep you room and vehicle clean?
Yep so every P-Day we clean our flat and our car
but the bugs are so crazy out here there just all over the front of the car.:)
Haha we need some de-greaser to get it off.:) Haha maybe Miguel
will let us borrow some.:) How are they doing dad? Is work good?
Busy? Haha I'm starting to become quiet the house-maid :) I'm getting
good and cleaning and doing the dishes. I do my laundry once a week and
everything is still white:) this past week I even sewed on a button:)
Do you need some easy recipes?
were getting good at cooking we eat a lot of
rice or noodles with sauce and veggies and chicken or beef. Haha I'm
learning how to live on my own and budget money so you still have some at the
end of the month to buy groceries.:) Ya do you have any recipes dad maybe
somethin to mix it up from what we usually have.
How much time do you have to email us and friends?
We usually have 2 hours for emails but I usually
write this email last and then log off so then I just read what you guys write
next week. Some missionaries do it other ways but I like doing it like
this because then it makes the emails more special when I get them.
Wise Words from the Elder!
I love
this gospel I am so blessed to be to serve a mission and share the unique
message of the Restoration. I feel your love and prayers all the time and
thank you so much for that. Thanks for everything love you guys talk to
you next week. Have a good Christmas build-up remember what Christmas is
about and don't forget why we celebrate it.
Love Elder
Stott
No comments:
Post a Comment