Working hard
Hi Mum, Dad, Dani, Caleb, John, Rotor, Family,
Friends, and everybody else. How ya'll goin? I hope your week has been
good. I have had a good week and thank you all so much for your prayers
and thoughts they really do help me a lot. Man me and Elder Leal have
been working our tails off this past week. It's been great we have been
seeing a lot of Less-active's and members and knocking on so many doors my
knuckles don't even hurt anymore.:) Its been rough though we have been
working so hard and have not really seen any success. It's hard to get up
in the morning and go to work when you have to deal with the stubborn
Aussies. Man I love Australia and the people but just sometimes they can
just be so mean and rude its like hello even though I'm a missionary I'm still
a person maybe a little respect would be nice. Haha but its all
good. My favorite thing to do is when somebody is mean to me or when they
slam there door I yell "have a nice day" with a huge smile and they
always look at me. This gospel really does bring us all peace and joy and
it's hard to see people struggling and not talk to us.
Interview with President Back
We had interviews with President and Sister Back
this past week and man those were amazing. I love President and Sister
Back they are such amazing people they truly are called of God. That helped me so much because I have
been thinking to myself well the last two transfers there has been a baptism
and so if we don't get one this transfer then I'll be a failure. Haha man
I need to get better at this beating myself down thing. President Back
talked to me and said all you can do is work hard and try your best and if
nothing happens oh well just keep moving along. Just like Sister
Marriott's talk in general conference about it will work out. Maybe it's
my calling to work hard and see no success. I mean who knows maybe 5
years from now someone will get baptised that I walked past the street today
and just said hi. We just have to keep moving forward with faith even if
it seems to just never end. The devil never gives up so neither should
we. Man there are times when I just say to Elder Leal man I love this
mission it is so much fun and other times when I struggle but it's those
times that I love my mission that keep me goin.
Becoming Friends
Me and my companion Elder Leal are doin
awesome. That was one thing that I worried about and the Lord has helped
me to become great friends with Elder Leal. As I think back of these past
few weeks I'm doing a pretty good job training Elder Leal with the help of the
Lord. I mean were still alive :) we have good relationships with all the
members we are constantly seeing the less-actives we are working hard and we
are being obedient and we are becoming great friends and he is learning how to
be a missionary.
![]() |
| Elder Leal studying hard! |
Wise Words from the Elder
So I challenge all of you guys to take a step back and think
of all of the things you have accomplished in your life and give yourself a pat
on the back. You are doing good no matter where you are in life right
now. I mean life is hard and sometimes it seems like it never stops
adding on top of each other but "it will all work out." Just
keep moving forward and never stop praying. Love all of you guys thanks
for everything. KEEP SMILING AND PRAYING
We Asked He Answered!!
Do you have an investigators?
We don't really have any investigators right now
and the ones we do have aren't really progressing and don't want to meet with
us so that's kind of hard but we keep working hard and maybe a miracle will
happen and if not oh well we will just keep working hard.:)
Been any cool places?
We haven't really been anywhere cool lately, we went to
Bathurst on Friday for ZTM they have a cool race track over there that you can
drive on but they always have cops on it so you can't go fast.
Do you see or get to hang out with any other Elders?
We don't really get together with anybody else
because we live so spread apart its just us usually for P-Days but I heard in
the city you'll get together and play a huge game of rugby because a lot of
missionaries live really close together so if I go there I'll get to hang out
with them.
Had anything weird to eat?
Not really anything to weird to eat I'm getting
used to eating things that I normally wouldn't eat. Haha and man I
definitely missed out on some meals back home. Ya so R_____ works at a
Thai restaurant and man Thai food is amazing it is so good. They have
this chicken called crispy chicken and its like tiny spicy chicken and it is so
good.:)
How's driving going?
Haha ya driving I'm really good at it once you
get used to it it's just normal. Now it would feel weird if I drove on
the other side of the road and on the other side of the car like America I feel
like it would be different. :)
Mum's Pay Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey mom guess what I did in priesthood
yesterday!!!!! I played the piano!!!!:):):):):):) I'm sorry I was never
grateful for piano but it was so nice to be able to play the piano we they
needed me to. So sorry for never practicing and always being in a bad
mood about the piano. I now see why you made me play the piano for so
many years so thank you. :) (I thought I would never see the day this would happen, glad it did:))

No comments:
Post a Comment