Monday, October 26, 2015

Attitude is Everything!!!!!!!

Smile in his eyes!!!!

 Before we start this post we would like to make a comment about Dalton and the smile in his eyes. Anybody that knows Dalton can pretty much see a smile in his eyes when he smiles, we have missed that over the past 2 months but Guess What IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!


So the one picture is of me eating meat pies haha I'm literally obsessed with those things there so good.  I wish I could bring a truck load home with me.  Maybe they can fill the plane full of them. 






This week has been Awesome!!!

Hi everybody hope you're all going good I mean I keep getting emails from you guys every week so you're still alive which is good.:) This week has been awesome!!! I have worked really hard on keeping a good attitude all week and it has helped me have a good week.  This past week me and Elder Leal have worked the hardest I have worked on my mission so far and we have had pretty much no success at all.  Haha I don't know why but I am sitting here with a huge smile on my face and so happy and I have no idea why because we have had no success this past week.  That's what a good attitude does though.  If you have a good attitude through anything it will all work out.  I have a quote in the study room from President Gordon B. Hinckley "it will all work out..." I look back in my life and look at where I am now.  I think of two weeks ago when I was utterly depressed and look at where I am now.  "It all worked out" I put my trust in the Lord and everything has turned out fine. I still struggle but I am firmly centered on Jesus Christ and his Atonement and I know that everything will work out.  For everybody that is struggling no matter what you are going through "it will all work out" the Savior loves us and we are his children his hand is always outstretched towards we just have to grab ahold and witness the miracle of the Atonement in our lives.  There are many reasons I have been called to serve out in Mudgee but I think the main one is to find out who I really am as a son of God.  I look back over these last few months and it astonishes me how much I have grown and how much closer I have come  to my Heavenly Father.  He is molding me into the person he wants me to become.  The way he molds us is by the trials we go through.  Sometimes that can stink though.  Some of the trials we go through are really really hard but I know that the Lord does not give us any trial that we cannot overcome.  Sorry my thoughts are all over the place today I am pretty tired because we have worked hard this past week and doing a lot of service.  Haha but today's P-day so I'm gonna take a nice nap later :) anyways it's hard to work so hard and not see success but all of this work that we have been doing the success is taking part in my life.  Through everything I have done I grow spiritually.  The people that reject me and slam the door in my face makes me that much more grateful for the gospel in my life.  We go through everything for a reason and that reason is to grow.  Our time here on earth the time that I have to serve a mission is so short.  The Lord does not give us trials to make us mad to make us screw up.  He gives them to us so we can learn and grow.  All of us have to come to the knowledge for ourselves if this gospel is true.  If God is real.  The way we learn that is through the trials we go through.  I have grown and learned so much this week.  The scriptures really do give personal revelation and can help you in your life.  It's crazy that a book that was written by some random dudes over 2000 years ago can help us so much in our lives today.  The Book of Mormon truly is the word of God.


A Mission is so much FUN!!!


 Anyways this past week has been great we have been working really hard and I'm having a blast a mission is so much fun.  For some reason I have fun knocking on doors and getting them slammed in my face and then going to the next house and having the same thing happen.  The mission truly is the funnest thing ever it's like golf.  Somedays you hate it so much and say your never gonna go back and play again and then the next day you're out there playing again and that day you have a blast.  It's crazy how life works and how the "ups" and "downs" occur so often.  I have come to realize that life is not meant to be easy.  To be the best at anything to be at the top it takes dang hard work.  It's just like for us to receive the highest glory to live with our families forever with God it is going to take dang hard work.  But if we can achieve that the prize will be so glorious and so amazing.  I think of Lehi's dream and the tree of life and how the fruit that he tasted was that above anything else he has ever tasted.  If celestial glory tastes better than the best bowl of popcorn ever made then I am willing to work as hard as I can for that.  The Lord is turning me into who he wants me to become because you Carrie Melissa Larson Stott and you Ryan J Stott have raised me the way the Lord wanted you to raise me.  I am eternally grateful for you guys and everything that you have done for me I LOVE YOU!!!  I am so blessed to be your son and be a part of our wonderful family.  If we all keep working hard we will one day as a family receive the prizes of all prizes.:)   


A Preacher???


Man haha I sound like a freaking preacher or something but my eyes have really been opened since I have been out here.  I'll try to make my emails not so deep sorry.  I am just so grateful and I have so much to say.  Anyways I'm doing great and me and Elder Leal are becoming really good friend!


Mission Life in Mudgee

   I love my mission I can't believe I have already been out this long time just flies by so quick its crazy were already half way done with this transfer.  Anyways I got a few cool pictures this week and man the Kangaroo's are crazy and yep dad there just like deer in America if not more of them here there like everywhere in peoples back yards hoppin down the street it's pretty crazy there cool animals.  Oh ya haha so it's startin to warm up so all of the bugs are comin out and so that means spiders:) I think we've killed like 10 this past week and one of them was a red back spider.  It was about the size of a quarter and the red back is one of the most poisonous spiders in the world.  So we saw smashed the crap out of it haha we made sure it was dead.:)  Also the flies here are ridiculous like zillions of them.  We'll be working outside or walking down the street and they'll be like 50 of them buzzing around us so we always have to put on this nasty smelling bug spray that wears off like every 30 minutes but oh well.  
 
Hey and there you go dad I got your picture next to the clock for you:) This is a clock in downtown Mudgee that I (Dad) saw on groogle earth and I needed a picture of it!

Thanks Elder Stott



There is a street in Gulgong a town were we work sometimes called Stott Street so of course I had to get a picture next to that:) do we have any family from Australia because Stott is a pretty big name over here. 
I got a sweet ukulele and I'm trying to learn how to play that I want to write a song haha but first I gotta learn how to play the thing.:)  

 

We asked he answered? 

Are you keeping your shoes shined?  Haha yep I am keeping my shoes nice and shined I've done them twice so far and it's probably time for me to do them again so I'll do them sometime this week. 

What are your favorite treats from the store? Um.......let's see treats ah ya at the grocery store they have a bag of candy called "pods" there hard to explain but there just like a wafer with chocolate inside they have different kinds like twix ones snickers ones but the best ones are the mars ones.  Man there so good and everytime were at the grocery store I buy a bag and then there gone before the end of the night.:)  One thing you should know though dad is they don't really have soda fountains here I mean they do but not very many of them really only at like Maca's and there cups are tiny.  There large cups of fizzie are like the small cups in America and all they really have are coke, fanta, lemonade (which is really sprite but they call it lemonade here), and pepsi oh and I think i've seen a few places with Mountain Dew but other than that, that's really all they have.  I don't think I've seen one diet soda drink.  Fizzie (soda) isn't really a big thing over here they have drink called coridal it's just like cool-aid but it's so much better man it's so good so we usually drink a lot of that.  

How is getting up at 6:30 am, we know you love to sleep?  
Haha I'm pretty good at getting up at 6:30 but it's the big smile part that I'm working on.:) Elder Leal is good for me he likes to do exercise in morning and I do to I just need that extra push and Elder Leal is good at that so I've been doing pretty good at waking up but still can always do better.  

Do you need any more p-day cloths?  
The T-shirt I was wearing was another missionaries I need to get some more t-shirts cuz believe it our not some days we do tracting in normal street clothes because everybody  thinks were Jehovah Witness's. 

 
Wise words from the Elder 

I'm so pumped Miracles that I have seen this week have happened in me through prayer and study I have received so much personal revelation this past week it has been awesome.  Two big times it happened was I accepted Elder Durrant's challenge to ponderize a scripture every week and so I prayed and this random scripture popped into my mind 3 Nehip27:19 at the beginning I didn't know why this scripture popped into my mind but later that week the scripture really hit me.  To relax stop being so hard on yourself the atonement is supposed to be used that's what it's there for and we have to use it to return to live with God again so don't get mad at yourself if you mess-up.  Also I did the same thing this morning because it's a new week and Alma 5:11 popped into my mind and that made no sense so I looked at the footnotes and it said Mosiah 17:2 and that scripture is talking about Abinadi one of the best missionaries ever only converted one person so I need to lighten up and not worry about the success I have.  As long as I am working hard the Lord will take control and whatever happens is meant to happen.  

 
Hope you have an awesome week remember read pray and get to the temple and have a good attitude and "it will all work out" love you guys thanks for everything I'm loving my mission even though it's hard no place I would rather be.  Love this work Love this gospel Love you  guys!!!!!
Love Elder Stott   
 


No comments:

Post a Comment