Monday, March 27, 2017

Transfer #14!!!!!

HELLO!!!!!  

Transfers and it sounds like you guys already know man the good old Shoobridges aren't they the best!  Man it was so hard to leave the wonderful area of Merimbula I will be forever grateful for that area and for what I went through and the work that we did that changed my life.  I will never forget the people down there and how over time they became not just my friends but my family.  Leaving that wonderful area Sunday afternoon has for sure been the hardest goodbyes thus far on my mission especially saying goodbye to the Shoobridges.  I have a million pictures with that family and grateful that I do to help me always remember the great times that we had together I will never forget them or that wonderful branch of Merimbula.  I am going to be honest when transfer calls came.  I didn't want to leave and I was pretty devastated but I remembered Nephi and what he taught us about going and doing what the Lord wants not what we want.  It didn't make the goodbyes and leaving any easier but I know and have to come rely on the Lord on my mission to do what He asks and it will all be alright.



They are True Aggies now!!!


This I know and I am so excited to be here in Dapto! :)  Still on the coast, Wow! How lucky am I?  Haha I am no longer out in no man's land I am only about an hour South of Sydney and the area of Dapto is a lot bigger then Merimbula a lot more people and it's very busy.  Haha I'm no longer in the Bush I am back in the city.  I am excited for a new adventure here and to get to know the people in this area.  A feeling that I got when I was called to serve here in Dapto was there is a very particular reason that I am called to serve here.  I don't know that reason but I know as I go out and do what the Lord needs done in this area I will achieve the reason I have been called to serve in this area.  All will be well and I am excited!  My new Companion is Elder Cook he is from Arizona.  He was previous companions with Elder Newman a little while ago and I am super excited to serve with him!  He is a great guy and I know we will become great friends and life is going to be great!



Introducing Elder Cook from Sedona, AZ

We live in a flat with two other Elders who are also serving in Dapto Ward and we have a set of Sisters as well.  I don't know how big the ward is but we will find out on Sunday from what everyone has been telling me is that it is pretty big ward.  Haha wow in a ward again lot's of changes being in the city again and in a ward with 4 elders in the flat lot's of change but I know it will be good because I am on the Lord's side.  I am not a big person for change and I struggle at times with it but just of yesterday and today so far I have been relying heavily upon the Lord through Prayer and through the Scriptures and all will be well.  I know it will be!:)  How amazing Faith is and it really does work.  My flatmates are Elder Harston from St. Louis Missouri and Elder Afemata (Samoan) from Long Beach California.  I am excited to become great friends with these Brethren and to help the work in Dapto move forward.

Flatmate Elder Harston from St. Louis, Missouri

Flatmate Elder Afemata from Long Beach, CA


You know I was thinking this past week as I was saying goodbye to everybody down in Merimbula and how hard it was especially the Shoobridges man I haven't cried that hard since I said goodbye to you guys back home.  I thought man how grateful I am for the Plan of Salvation and what a blessing it is just to know the knowledge that I know.  What helped me as I was saying goodbye to everybody is ya I will come back and visit but some people that I knew down in Merimbula or my other areas I will never see again in this life but I do know that I will see them again in the next.  What a blessing that is to know that great truth that life goes beyond the grave that it is not the end once we die that we will see one another again all because of Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven.  They love us so much and have done everything all for us and the plan they have set up is all in our favour to win and return and live with Him once more with those we love.  I think of that and wow what a blessing.  So it's never goodbye it's just see ya later mate! :)  It doesn't make the goodbyes easier but it does help you to know that God loves us and He wants us back home as well.  Just as I'm sure you guys want me home as well but I have one last adventure here in Dapto before I return home and these 4 months will be gone before we all know it so we must enjoy the journey and cherish every minute.  A quick up date on W____ before I forget.  She was devastated and I was as well to say goodbye and that I won't be there for her baptism but that is okay.  I did what I needed to do in the Lord's eyes and that is all that matters.  I know that she will be baptized and that she will be blessed for all of the trials that she is going through.  I am excited but also nervous for a new transfer in a new area with a new companion but change can either be a blessing or a curse and I am determined to make it a blessing and it will be great!  Love you guys all so much thanks for everything.  HOLD TO THE ROD AND NEVER LET GO
Love Elder Stott


A fun farewell to Elder Stott day.....

This is Dalton's best buddy, Alex.




The passing of the baton to Elder Lammi......that is the backpack with sweet Gabe in it.

Farewell Elder Lammi, a friend for life for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment