Promised Land
Well Hi everybody can you believe it another week! Things are great down here in the Promised Land and still just loving the journey more then ever! You know I was thinking about my week last week and reflecting a bit over my mission and the ups and downs and the all arounds and then I got thinking of how grateful I am for each and everyone of those experiences the good and the bad and the average because all of the those experiences have turned me into who I am today and almost everyday I think of my life and how I wouldn't want to change it for anyone else's life. I am grateful for who I am and who I am becoming and I might not becoming who I want to become in the time I want to do it but that is where I am learning to exercise my Faith in the future and in the Plan of Happiness and that it will all work out because God is in charge. That is something that I could not say before my mission. If you were probably to ask me if I would change my life with someone else's of my choice I would have probably taken that choice to switch but now after what I have learned on my mission I would not trade my life for anyone else's. It is great and I think that is something we can ask ourselves if we are comfortable in our own shoes?
A Visit to Sydney
This week we had an awesome time. We had a mission tour with a member of the Seventy Elder Haleck and his wife and it was a great conference. We had to travel all the way up to Sydney for the conference and so it took us out of our area for a couple of days but it was way worth it a great time up there and many things learned while there. Elder Haleck talked a lot about the Atonement which was special because that is something I have learned a lot about on my mission and my testimony of the Atonement has grown so much. I use it each and everyday in my life and it helps me to wake up in the morning with a clear conscience and a new fresh day. How amazing the Gospel is!!! Also a lot of the conference I felt like was centered on life after the mission. A lot of us missionaries including our Mission President go home within the next few months or so and so they talked a lot about staying strong when we return home because it is so easy to fall into less-activity. Probably the best part of the conference though was we got a new car!!!:) Well at least until ours is fixed. It was kind of a hassle to get up to the conference since we have no car and were so far away from everybody but a senior couple came and picked us up and took us up for the conference which was so nice of them. While there President Back had arranged for us to get a new car and use it until they fix ours. It is a very nice car and it is a couple of years newer then the other white corolla that I have been driving around on the mission. This one is a 2015 Toyota Corolla and it even has Cruise Control haha which is the nicest thing ever!! Especially when you have to drive so far it's so nice.:) Life is great!
Full Time Finders
The work is going well something I have tried oh so very hard on my mission and especially while down here in Merimbula is gain trust and a good relationship with all of the members so they will trust us with their friends and that is what has been happening as of late with the members down here they have been giving us referrals and their friends to go and help out and plant those seeds and it's great. Me and my companion listened to a talk this past week while we were driving from Elder Bednar. Click Here for the Talk I don't remember what the talk was called but he was talking about missionary work and the responsibility us members have. I really liked this that he said, "Full-time missionaries are called to be Full-time teachers, us as members of the Church are called as Full-time finders for the missionaries to teach." I really liked that and it made me think about when I return home from my full-time mission what kind of member do I want to be and I love missionary work and so my responsibility is to help find people for the missionaries to teach.:)
The Lord's Hands
Things are all going good down here and looking forward to the last week of the transfer and going to enjoy every minute of it! I know fully and peacefully that transfers is in the Lord's hands and that whatever may happen is what is needed and I am excited if I stay cuz I love it here but if it is time for me to leave I will be happy with that as well because I will get to know some new people and help the work in that area wherever it be. I know it is in the Lord's hands and all will be well. Excited for another transfer crazy to think I only have 3 left!
Sneak Peek from Mum & Dad.......Dalton was transferred to Dapto. An area a few hours south of Sydney. (on the coast again :-)
I love you Mum and Dad and everybody else you guys are the best and I know you guys support me all the way and it means so much! We are all in this work together and we help and love one another. Something that has been helping me lately is I feel like I have gotten a lot closer to President Back over even just this transfer. He constantly tells me in my letters and over the phone and even when we are talking that he appreciates all that I am doing and that I am a great missionary and a great guy and that he knows wherever he puts me with whoever I will do good. Man how great that makes me feel but it does not mean I am perfect not in the least and my mission President knows my weaknesses and my mistakes and when I mess up he is the second one to know about it after I talk to my Father in Heaven and ask for forgiveness. How grateful I am to be a Disciple of Christ and to stand up for what is right and try to earn my own great reward and also help others do the same. Life is great in the service of the Master and all is well!!!! Love you guys!
HOLD TO THE ROD AND NEVER LET GO
Love Elder Stott
No comments:
Post a Comment