DRUMROLL.........transfer details.................
..................oh ya haha you guys already know :)
Introducing.....Elder Lammi
| Elder Lammi |
So here's all the details.:) Elder Lammi he is from up North and a native Aussie. He is from Bundaberg Queensland which is the state above New South Wales. He is from the town that makes the Bundaberg Ginger Beer. Do you guys know that stuff back home? In the little brown bottles that kind of look like beer but it's not yep well anyways he's from the town that makes that. (Click Here for the Bundaberg Ginger Beer Website) He has been out for a little over a year. He's a great guy and I love him!!:) I didn't know much about him cuz I have never really served around him much but yesterday on our 3 hour drive we got to know each other. He is very big into lifting weights and working out which is awesome for this area. He wants to be a personal trainer when he finishes his mission haha you'll like that Dani. I don't know if the classes over here are at all the same as back in the States but I told him you were thinking about being a personal trainer but you didn't know for sure and he said that you should definitely do the classes at least cuz he said the classes are very good and you learn a lot even if you don't become a trainer after that it's good stuff to learn haha but as you know it's up to you and if you can afford it cuz I am sure it is expensive. So yep Elder Lammi likes exercise he reminds me a bit of Elder Newman.:) He is big into movies his favourite is Batman the Dark Knight.:) His family consists of him his mum and dad and 3 older brothers. They have all served missions. He is a great guy and I am excited to work hard with him and become great friends. Elder Lammi is also big into music and is very good at playing music he has a guitar with him and also loves to sing haha another great companion that can sing which is good it makes up for my awful notes.:) That's about it for my new companion right now we will get to know each other more as time goes on and I know we will become great friends cuz I already love him and will always love him as with all of my companions. I am definitely excited to have an Aussie companion which will be heaps cool.
Transfers
As for the rest of transfers all is going well. It was sad to say goodbye to Elder Tingey but we will see each other again. He has gone back up to Wollongong in the Chinese program again which will be good for him.:) As for me I am excited for this transfer. This place is my home and these members truly are my family. If I was to ever move to Australia this is where I would live I just love it to death here and this area truly is changing my life. When I first started my mission in Mudgee I absolutely loved it there and once I left I told myself no area that I have will ever beat Mudgee I loved it there and that was the area I was born in. But now man I love Merimbula so much as well. I don't know what I would say is my favourite but I truly am at home here and glad to stay another 6 weeks and see what we can accomplish this transfer. You know mum and dad thank you guys so much for what you guys said about the work I have done in this area. It is hard at times to really see any fruit of your labours but I am coming to see on my mission just the little things that we do and to just look at all of the blessings we have in our lives even the small everyday ones. I know that the Lord is proud of me and so is President Back they wouldn't keep me here for a 5th transfer if I wasn't which makes me feel good inside. I am grateful to be an effective instrument in the hands of the Lord and in His work. And I go and do what He needs me to do. I don't do what I want to do or things that will make me look good in front of others or put me in high places I try my best to do His will over my will and so far my life has been amazing. God is good and so loving.:) Life is so good when you put your life in the hands of the Master and let Him take charge and you accept his call to, "Come Follow Me" The Lord will make us "fishers of men" in the places where He needs us. Some of us missionaries get heaps of baptisms on their mission and serve as AP's some missionaries get few baptisms and serve as just a normal missionary but no matter who we are we are just as important as the other. It goes for the same in life and in the Church.
Richest of the Rich
Me and Elder Tingey had a very good talk this past week about serving in the Church after our missions and callings and the importance of Callings. We were talking about how we feel some people see some callings as not as important as others. Like serving in the Bishopric or Relief Society President is so much more important then a Primary Teacher how wrong that is. That's almost like saying in the world today all we need are a bunch of CEO's and Doctors we don't need any school teachers or plumbers or janitors. If we didn't have both people society wouldn't run it's the same in a mission and the same in the Church. Whatever calling we receive is directly from God and where He needs us to serve. For some at this time it is there calling to serve as Bishop or Stake Presidency for others it is there calling and time to serve as Sunday School teacher or Young Men's Secretary but all are so important not any is above the other. We do what God needs and wants us to do so we must never get down on ourselves as long as we serve faithfully in whatever calling we have the Lord is proud of us and thankful for our efforts and we are changing lives. However if we do not give 110% to our callings that is where we are slacking and we must change and become better. I believe it goes with the same now-a-days in the world and what is popular and fashionable and rich and all of these worldly terms that don't really matter. There is one of my favourite quotes from an Apostle I don't remember who it was that said it but he said, "if you can live comfortable within your means you are the richest of the rich."
This life is not about how much money we can earn by the end of it or how many friends we can get on Facebook remember what Alma taught us why we are here on Earth. Alma 34:32 "For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors."
Also what about Jacob, Jacob 2:18 "But before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the kingdom of God."
Where does true happiness come from? From family from the Gospel and from serving the Lord and helping those around us. D&C 18:13-17 We must always remember that no matter our calling in Church or our calling in life or our work situation as we put God first in our life He will take care of us and our family and that is where we get our indescribable joy and we will have enough for what we need in this life because God is over all and as we put Him first in our life He will take care of us.
D&C 82:10 "I the Lord am bound when you do what I say but when you do not what I say ye have no promise."
As a Disciple of Jesus Christ and as a witness of Him I testify that He lives! That through you and me we can be His instruments to proclaim His Gospel to those that need it in there life. We all have a calling in life mine right now is to serve in Merimbula for another 6 weeks and I know it will be great. Always accept a calling from the Lord no matter the calling and serve with all your heart, might, mind, and strength and all will be well.
I know that God loves each and everyone of us and that He knows us personally. I know that no matter what we are going through in life God will be there to help us just a prayer away. I am so eternally grateful for my eldest Brother Jesus Christ who lives and who performed the Atonement so I can be forgiven of my sins and mistakes. He allows me to repent everyday for my sins and weaknesses and to keep trying my best. I love Him so much and that is why I do what I do and live my life the way I live my life because of what He has done for me and all of you guys. God is good! Life is good! And the Church is true! In the Name of Jesus Christ...Amen
What The Spirit Does In Our Life
Hi Mum and Dad how are you guys thanks for your awesome emails!:) Haha you know what is crazy is every time I sit down to write my email to you guys it goes some way that I was never expecting and then when I finish I look back over it and I think holy cow!:) But that is what the Spirit does in our life. It will take over at times that it needs to and say what needs to be said. You know a lot of what my letter was about was what I read this past week in my studies. I just finished the account of the sons of Mosiah teaching the Lamanites. Alma 17-27 they talked so much about being instruments in the hands of the Lord and a vessel for the Spirit to work through. That is what I feel like I have been trying my hardest to do on my mission and I want to keep doing for the rest of my life especially for my family and friends when I get home especially my future family.:) Wow a mission really does change a life and it sure is changing mine. I am excited for this transfer I have good feelings from the Spirit about it and excited to be with Elder Lammi. I love the Shoobridge family so much they have pretty much joined our family, they have done so much for us missionaries and especially for me since I have been in this area. I am just so grateful for their family and I love them so much. Anyways things are going good and I am doing good. We had a very good mission broadcast this past week which was great. There have been a lot of changes made to the schedule and accountability and key indicators and stuff which is good so I'm sure you guys heard about it. If not it's all on lds.org so you can see the changes and stuff but general the schedule is still the same just a little bit different. (Click Here for the Broadcast) That was a lot of our week last week cuz we had to go all the way to Sydney that pretty much took up 3 days.
I am glad to hear it's a bit warmer then that's good yesterday and today have been nice it's been raining so which helps keep it cool and is good because we have been in a drought this year with very little rain so it's good to finally get some.:)
Grandma Stott thanks for your awesome email and I'm glad your doing good and still hanging out with my parents always remember that bedroom is yours.:) But I do hope you can get back up to your place soon and all will be well up there because I know you love it up there and it's a great place.
Dani that is so cool your video I got to watch you climb up the rope that's awesome!!:) Man your lookin real good you'll have to help me lose the weight I have gained on my mission.:)
I am glad all is well back home and man mum that picture you sent of back in 2014 holy crap!!! Haha man insane!
| Taken in 2014 with Cousins Camden and Blake |
You know I still remember everyday what President Price said when he set me apart for my mission that my family would be watched over and taken care of while I am on my mission. What peace and comfort that gives me. Thanks for everything love you guys heaps. Oh mum about your question that is insane that you got flight info and everything!!!! I would actually love to see all of it so I can find away to get around it and cancelling the flight and extending my visa so I can stay.:) Haha just kidding I don't need to see it I'm sure all is well and I will see it when it is time. But thanks for asking.:) Well I hope you guys have a great week and all is well over here me and Elder Lammi will have a great week and we will work hard and keep helping the work improve. We'll all keep praying for W______ she is doing good.:) Love you guys HOLD TO THE ROD AND NEVER LET GO
Love Elder Stott
| From the Merimbula Park Run FB Page |
| 5K Time This Week was 31:08 PB is 28:03 |
No comments:
Post a Comment