Thursday, February 23, 2017

THE LAST TOOTHBRUSH :)


The Last What?


This week I zipped open my bag of supplies from home and only saw one more toothbrush.  The last one!  Holy cow I said I remember when I opened up this bag and saw 3 toothbrushes and now I am going to open it up and see no more toothbrushes.  Man where does the time go.  Mum I just wanted to thank you for all of the things that you packed for me on my mission I have almost used everything at one time or another on my mission and I will return home on "Empty" which is good.  I also reckon I am going to return home on "Empty" on my energy level as well.  Man I have never been so tired and worn out before in my life.  Haha I think I have said that at various times throughout my mission and I seem to just get tireder and tireder and can't seem to catch up.  I'll go to bed at night dead barely able to make it through my prayers at night and then right when I climb into bed I am gone and then next thing I know the alarm goes off and I get up out of bed and feel just as tired and physically, spiritually, emotionally drained as the night before.  My body seems to feel tired and worn down even though I just had a good nights rest.  Then we go out in a day and work our guts out and seem to not have much time for breaks.  Whenever we have a little bit of time I try to do something productive or read my scriptures but then I tend to find myself starting to doze off.  So then we go out and work some more.:)  We get at the end of the day and tend to find myself the same struggling to finish my prayers and then as soon as my head hits the pillow I'm gone.  Then we wake up the next day and do it all over again and my body seems to just get more and more tired but it's great!!!!  It may seem like I am complaining but I am actually rejoicing! 


D&C  4:2

 Mum and Dad as you know before my mission I loved to take naps and sleep inn.  As a missionary we don't get to do those things and although I have had hard times on my mission with waking up on time and I still struggle every once in a while I repent every time I goof and move on and try my best.  But Mum and Dad one of the greatest things my mission has taught me is how to be a hard worker.  How grateful I am for this attribute I have learned on my mission.  It is hard especially as a missionary to constantly be working from 6:30-10:30 7 days a week for 2 years.  I mean even P-day we are busy running around doing stuff.  There is one scripture that always reminds me of hard work and it actually has a lot of meaning to me.  It is D&C 4:2 "Therefore o ye that embark in the service of God see that ye serve him with all of your heart, might, mind, and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."  This is the scripture that I picked to be put on my missionary plaque.  I didn't know at the time that I picked that scripture that it would do so much for me out on a mission.  I mainly picked that scripture before I left because first, that is the missionary section of D&C.  Second, it's a well known verse and Third, because I liked the promise at the end.  But as I have been out on my mission this verse has been a very big driver for me to give everything I got.  I am constantly reminded of this scripture when we are working and I just want to relax this afternoon and not do a whole lot or something like that I remember this verse and it pushes me to do more and be better.  I am in the right a perfect missionary not even close and I have so many weaknesses and trials but I do feel like I have served my God with all of my Heart, Might, Mind, and Strength.  I think a good indicator of this well at least to me is that I am so tired and worn out all of the time and if I am crawling into bed at night I can't give much more then that.  There has been times on my mission where I have let the laziness get to me but I have learned from those experiences and I strive to "work my guts out" everyday.  As I am doing this I am the Lord always blesses me with just enough strength and energy to get the task before me done and I have for sure seen it as we teach people that during the time that we are having the lesson I have plenty of strength and energy to have a good lesson.  I am so grateful for God and Jesus Christ and also how they have not only asked us to giving everything and work hard but they have shown us through example.  One example I think of is when the Creation happens.  I could not even imagine how hard and how much work it would take to create not only a planet but a planet where animals and humans can live on, and then creating those animals and humans to populate the earth and creating food for them and water and plants and everything.  Building a shed is physically demanding enough let alone creating a world.  However when the world was created in 6 days the 7th day they rested from there labors because of the taxing work they had just done.  I also think of Christ during His ministry and especially towards the end of His Mortal life in the Garden and also on the Cross and all of the physical and spiritual trials in between that.  The Lord definitely gave all of His Heart, Might, Mind, and Strength.  So something we are asked to do especially as missionaries is not just a demand that's never been done before.  The Lord showed us the way first as He always does and then extends the cry to, "Come Follow Me" and serve with all of you Heart, Might, Mind, and Strength and I can testify that as we do this haha yes we will be tired but man oh man we feel great inside and know we are doing all that we can do.  Give it all over to the Lord and He will turn us into something far greater then we could imagine.


The Last Toothbrush:)   Enjoy the Journey

 
Well Mum and Dad here we are another week can you believe it?!  Man insane and can you believe I'm using my last toothbrush?  Haha funny thing to think about.:)  I remember seeing all of those toothbrushes in the MTC with the dates on them and thinking wow that's a long ways away especially the one that has Feb 2017 and now this past week I opened it!  Man seems like yesterday we were packing for me to leave.  Insane stuff but man what a journey it's been so far and still have some left.  This transfer so far has been great!  I am really enjoying another transfer here in Merimbula and Elder Lammi is a great guy and great friend and we are getting along really well!  Something that you always tell us and me Mum that I know you love and that is "Enjoy the Journey" My whole mission I have always tried to enjoy the journey and everything of course but this transfer so far I have seen it as such a blessing that I have gotten a fifth transfer in Merimbula and so I am enjoying my time so much and every little thing that we do.  I love it here and the Journey is great!  
 Moving to Australia? WHAT?????
What do you think about me moving back over here to Australia when I finish my mission?  Haha just an idea wondering what you guys think about it.  You guys can be honest but I have honestly thought about it as an idea a couple of times.  Anyway sorry side note.:)  But as I was saying as I am enjoying the Journey just so much it has been great.  The work is going good and all is well.  W____ is doing great!  We pray for her all the time and we appreciate your prayers in behalf or her as well.  She came to Church yesterday and she is now coming to Church on a regular basis.  She is praying and starting to the Read the Book of Mormon and we hope to set a Baptismal Date with her real soon for something for her to work towards.  Things are great and we must never ever give up on people.  Me and Elder Lammi have had a cool experience with a less-active member and hope to bring her back to Church, but if not we have at least re-kindled that seed and that fire that was once there.  What can I say Mum and Dad things are great!  My life isn't perfect and I have struggles and make mistakes but it's nothing that I can't handle with the Lord on my side.  I am a part of His army and will be forever and ever.  I am on the winning side and plan on staying on it forever and that is what makes me happy all the time and know that life is good even when things get hard and we are going through trials.  Only me and the Lord will ever know really how much my mission has does for me in my life but I do try to share as much as I can with you guys as my wonderful parents who I owe so much to.  Than you!  Ever let me know if there is anything else I can put in my letters or anything else Mum and Dad jus let me know.  I am happy and I am truly doing good so you need not to worry.  I love the scripture D&C 82:10 "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say but when ye do not what I say ye have no promise."  Because this is what is happening in my life as I am serving the Lord with all of my Heart, Might, Mind, and Strength like I shared before He is blessing me watching over me and taking care of me and also my family.  LIFE IS GOOD!!!  I love you guys so much thanks for everything and man I am excited for my B-Day package not because of what's inside although that's an awesome bonus but because of the LOVE that I always feel when I open it.  Thanks for everything!  Love you guys!  HOLD TO THE ROD AND NEVER LET GO
Love Elder Stott 
I guess I would Love to live here to!!

Elder Stott and Lammi


Good to know that Elder Stott learned something at scout camp:)


Watch out TREES!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment