How's mission life in Mudgee?
Hey Happy Father's Day dad. HaHa Yesterday (Sunday) wuz Father's
Day in Australia.
This has been the fastest week of my life I can't
believe it's already another P-Day. This week has been tough we've been
doin heaps of tracting and knocking on doors.
No one wants to listen and it's hard to keep going but
I've learned you can't get discouraged and you have to take the positives out
of rejection because there's plenty of it in Mudgee. People yell at us,
swear at us, and a few people told us if we don't leave there gonna unleash
their dogs on us. Haha so we got out of there real quick. But it's
been good this past week just been knockin on heaps of doors and heaps of
service.
Heaps of Service in Mudgee
We've been helping Sister Setu with her gym and it's
been goin real good I think she's supposed to open it up tomorrow. It's
been hardwork but I'm super glad that they got it done and now they can start
turning in a profit. So every Wednesday morning we go to a horse ranch
and we walk the horses around while disabled kids from the school ride on
them. It's super cool to see the kids and talk to them and see how happy
they are. It makes me so grateful for what I have. We've been going
around mowing heaps of peoples lawns haha so we starting to become the official
lawn mowers of Mudgee. We helped this couple Stan and Erin move this
weekend. Stan is the second counselor in the branch and there moving down to Canberra but we helped them load up the truck
Saturday and after they wanted to feed us.
"EAT HARD SO YOU CAN WORK HARDER"
Now one thing you gotta understand is Stan is from
Tonga and when you sit down to eat they load up your plate I mean they LOAD UP
YOUR PLATE!!!!! And if you don't clear your plate then it's like being
super rude and pretty much saying that your cooking is awful. Man it wuz
so much food but I ate it all.
Haha ya dad I ate all of the peppers, broccoli and everything most of the stuff
is pretty good. :) No haha but then after they brought out
dessert!!!! Man after the meal I wuz crazy so
full!!! They feed you so much in Australia especially the islanders.
A saying they have is "EAT HARD SO YOU CAN WORK HARDER" haha
and man we eat hard.
. I ate lamb this week and it wuz way good it
tasted just like roast.
People we teach
We have one really good investigator right now. Ruecha is his name we've been working hard with him and I think he's really close to setting a baptismal date. He seems really interested and always has lot's of good questions. It's nice to see that we have at least one really solid investigator. This past week we've been working really hard with the branch. That's so cool you've been able to facebook some of the branch members there all so awesome and have strong spirits. . Most of the people in Mudgee work in the mines or do labor work like construction or stuff like that.
Elder Johnson
Me and Elder Johnson have been gettin along real good
and becoming very good friends we joke around all the time. This is his
last transfer and he goes home Oct. 6 so ya mom if you sent a package to the
mission house in Sydney we'd be able to get it before he leaves.
Hey dad have you sold my car yet? Note from dad, we have not sold it by the way its an old bmw, nothing special. If not Elder
Johnson wants to see a pic of it so you should send me one. We saw this
guy this week and he has a sweet old Porschue that he races it wuz sweet.
Other tidbits from the week
We have heaps of meetings this upcoming week in
Sydney, Orange, Bathurst, and Cowra I think were only gonna be in Mudgee two
days this week but it'll be a good week. Haha ya I got to meet the
Kinghorns there super nice we didn't get to talk for to long though cuz then we
had to leave. Also yes thank you so much for the letters it's been good
to hear from everybody just tell whoever they can send letters to the mission
home and we go to Sydney once a month and we can pick them up there.
The closest Elder's are like 2 hours away so were
pretty much just out here on our own but it's fun.
Hey Dani sorry I don't get to send you a separate
email but how you guys goin? Quick question what size shoe do you
wear? How's the new baby. Haha down here in Australia they have
this funny phrase when someone is pregnant they say "she's got somethin
cookin in the oven" it's pretty funny. :) Hi Caleb ya our flat is so
nice it's awesome!!:) Hey John how you goin dude? Hope all is goin
good I miss you guys but the homesickness hasn't been to bad can't believe I've
almost been out a month.
Wise words from the Elder
Wise words from the Elder
Time flies the most precious thing we have in
this life is time our time is so short so take advantage of every second of
your life and fill it with happiness. The gospel brings happiness so when
in doubt for something to do read the scriptures or do something with your
family. I know families are called of God and I am so grateful for the
family that I have and the support they show me and love they have for me they
are awesome and I am so grateful for the families in Mudgee that look after us
missionaries. Be grateful for everything that we have and don't take
anything for granite. Love you guys and thanks for everything.
Love you mum and dad thanks for everything I miss
you guys but I'm starting to get used to missionary life and everything hope
all is goin good. I thing I've learned is to be so grateful for this
gospel it brings so much happiness and I feel bad for all of the people here in
Mudgee that keeping telling us to go away because if they knew what we were
sharing they would listen but we can't make anybody do anything. Love you
mum and pops.
Love Elder Stott
No comments:
Post a Comment