Thursday, August 20, 2015

Man Oh Man the MTC!!!!!

The MTC !!!!

    

Man oh man oh man!!! Where do I even start???  First off this place is amazing and I love it!!! The spirit is so strong here in everything you do.  Our schedules are crazy!  Were goin crazy from 6:30 till 10:30 there's like no break time but it's good it keeps us busy.  Um...so let's so the food!;) The food is good but I mean it's cafeteria food so after a few days it gets kind of old but they change it up so it's different which is good.  Haha and no mom thankfully we don't eat at 4 we usually eat dinner at 5:30 but still you get hungry at the end of the day so thanks for the package with the snacks.  Oh man another thing about food is the cereal!!!!!! They have like 10 cereal things throughout the cafeteria that dispenses cereal which is so awesome and the chocolate milk is so good!!!  It's been super hot here lately especially for the few days when the A/C broke but not to bad cuz I'm always cold.;)  We sleep in bunk beds which is always fun I sleep on the top.  Also thanks so much for all of the Dear Elder letters I have gotten all of them and it's nice to hear from you guys I love it. 


 Dalton's companion and district:

  My companion Elder Cummings is awesome!! He is from Salt Lake and he's really fun. (and dad I asked him and he said he is a die hard Jazz fan.) "YES!!"(Elder Stott is an OKC fan) Let's see what else my district is awesome there's me and Elder Cummings, Elder Hunt and Ballard (Australia Sydney South) Elder Call and Hendershot (Micronesia Guam) Sister Andrus and Becenti (Edmonton Canada) Sister Priestly and Lefler (Edmonton Canada)  Hey Sister Priestly is from Preston Idaho!  We are getting really close as a district especially the Elder's were gettin to be good friends.  Our teachers are awesome Brother Thompson and Brother Woodbury.  There super good teachers and I really relate to them especially Brother Woodbury.   
    So through your dear elder letters you guys have been talking about how you guys miss me and I miss you guys to but one thing that has really surprised me was I haven't been super homesick.  It's been so crazy this past week so I've just been trying to focus on the work.  I know for you guys it will get better as time goes on but one thing I have learned so far in the MTC is PRAY PRAY PRAY and READ READ READ there is nothing better than that.  We can communicate with our father in heaven through prayer and we need to take advantage of that.  Pray all the time.  We pray so much in the MTC it's crazy we start everything with a prayer.  Also read the scriptures just over the past week I have come to love and depend on the scriptures and I know that if you guys will do the same things we'll be easier.  My companion is awesome  He is a really good friend and teacher.


When do we get to AUSTRALIA  

  So we got some travel info but nothin yet about our VISA.  So we leave Monday Aug. 24 we get on a bus at 11:30 at the MTC and then go to the airport.  Our plane leaves SLC at 5:30 and we go to San Francisco.  We have a lay over in San Fran for 2 1/2 hours and then we go for the long plane ride to New Zealand!!!!! Were so pumped to go to New Zealand and then we go from New Zealand to Sydney Australia.  So we leave Monday afternoon and get to Australia Wednesday morning which is crazy!!!  Hopefully my VISA  will come through.  "note from home, We are praying that all the Elders will have no delays in obtaining Visa's so they can share the gospel with our Mates in the land down under."

Final thoughts and wise words from the Elder!! 

 
    Next time I write i'll be in Australia!!!!!:):):):)  I'm so pumped to get out into the field the MTC is awesome but it's startin to get a little repetitive.  I would just like to leave you with my testimony.  Through this week I have learned so much but four things that have really stuck with me is Teach People not Lessons it is so important to do that so the gospel can apply to their lives and they will stay strong in the church forever.  Another thing is teaching with the Spirit.  The Spirit is the teacher not us so you MUST  have the spirit with you as you teach or else nothing is going to happen.  Third PRAY PRAY PRAY READ READ READ it is so important to have a relationship with our heavenly father.  Last your most important convert on your mission is yourself and I know that is true.  Satan is real and if you aren't truly converted then you are going to fall away.  A testimony is not enough.  We watched a movie Sunday night from Elder Bednar it wuz so good, I'm mad that the only place you can see it is in the MTC because I would love for you guys to watch it but it talks about turning outwards like Christ not inwards like the natural man.  I end with a challenge to you mom and dad and everybody else,  PRAY PRAY PRAY READ READ READ everyday pray together and individually and read the scriptures daily even if its just a little bit I know it will help you in you life.  Love you guys talk to you next week in Australia!!!   Love you forever!!!!
Elder Stott 















 



No comments:

Post a Comment