I Remember Being a "Greenie"
Hello everybody! Haha here it is another week and another transfer gone just so fast. It's crazy because transfers are 6 weeks long but when we look back on it, it seems like 2 days and its over and it's transfers again. I cannot believe it transfer #11 I remember being a fresh 'greenie' out in Mudgee and now it's almost Christmas again. People ask me all the time how long I have been out and how long do I have left on my mission and to be truthfully honest I don't know anymore. I have forgotten and so I just say oh somewhere over a year and some where under a year I have left. I think. But I am not worried about that right now, when the time comes for me to finish my mission I will cross that path when it comes but as for right now we will just work hard and be happy and enjoy each and everyday because before you know it, the day is over and your going to bed again.
Changes
Well at the start of a new transfer there usually will be changes. Sometimes changes that you are ready for and sometime changes that you don't want but they happen anyway. In the end they always turn out as a blessing and make you grow and become stronger. Yesterday I had to say goodbye to a dear and very close friend who I am so grateful for the time that we have had to serve together. Elder Newman has been transferred off back up to the busy and big city of Sydney. He was sad to go and leave everybody but I think he was ready for a change.
| Elder Newman, you will be missed. |
As for me for transfers I GOT TO STAY IN MERIMBULA!!!!!!!!:):):):):) Woohoo!!!! I am so excited to stay down here for another transfer and keep helping the work hasten all the way down here.:) I've got a new companion and we are already great friends and this is our second day together.:) Elder Tingey he is from Kaysville Utah. Yes! Another companion from Utah so another great friend after the mission. Elder Tingey is the man and a great guy that is willing to work hard which I am so excited about! Haha he is a very tall elder around 6'4 so we will be the short and tall duo!:) Haha it's pretty funny when I give him a hug I gotta get on my tippy-toes and it still feels like I'm hugging his waste.:) But that's okay he's going to be a great guy! Elder Tingey has actually been called to the Mandarin Chinese speaking program in our mission. Haha it's real cool cuz he's a white guy from Utah that speaks Chinese!:) It's awesome and it will be different cuz as a language Elder he get's another hour of studies for language so that means another hour for me in the Scriptures! Man what a blessing cuz we never stop learning from the Scriptures. Elder Tingey is into swimming, boating, and snowboarding. He's a very good singer which is great so makes up for my awful tunes.:) He is just an overall great guy that is ready to work hard and be obedient which is such a blessing for me and the area because obedience brings blessings and makes our work worth it. So excited for this transfer and to see what the Lord has in store for us and for those people are in need of our help.
| Introducing Elder Tingey!!!! |
The Work
The work is going great and W_____ is doing awesome! She came to church again this last Sunday and she loved it once again. She came a couple of times before she went on her trip to England and she told us that the whole time she was gone that she missed the Church on Sunday's and that she is glad to be back. We will keep working with her and it is all in the Lord's hands on how she progresses. All that we can do is teach her and be obedient missionaries so we are worthy for the Spirit to be with us when we teach her so she can learn and grow and make decisions. Thanks for all of you guys that pray for her it really does mean a lot and your prayers are always answered thanks for the great faithfulness that yous all have. D____ is still doing awesome! What a great guy a great member and a great friend! He is really thinking about if he wants to serve a mission or not which is so cool and we will support him no matter which way he chooses. He is hopefully going to get the Priesthood real soon and can start helping us with the Sacrament. What a great guy a great member and a great friend! What a great friend someone we can talk to and not have to worry and just be relaxed and man oh man just so many great people you get to meet out on your mission. The work is good and I'm doing great!!!:)
How I Have Changed
Mum and Dad thank you guys so much for your awesome emails to me this week they really meant a lot. With transfers going on it is always crazy but just thanks for your awesome emails that helped lift me up and recharge my batteries for the upcoming week. Sorry that I forgot to send a picture of the transfers on Sunday I just completely spaced it haha but that's okay you guys can wait a couple more days.:) Some of the things that you guys said mum and dad are awesome and help make me think. I remember a couple of weeks ago when I asked you guys how I have changed. What you guys have told me has made me think and haha it blows my mind everything that has happened since I started my mission and what the Lord has called me to do and who I have become. I remember when I was out in Mudgee with Elder Leal. I remember everything that I learned out there and the work that we did. I never would have thought we would help run a branch out on our missions but the Lord calls us to do things. At the time when He calls us it might seem impossible but through our faith, diligence, and obedience we can accomplish all that the Lord asks us to do. Thank you for all that you guys have told me and helped me realize on how I have changed. All I try to do each and everyday is be the best Elder Stott that I can be because there is only one Elder Dalton William Stott from Smithfield Utah in the world and so by being the best that I can be I don't compare myself to others because there is no one else like me and I try to be who the Lord wants me to be and that is what makes me happy and that is who I am.:)
Wise, Wise, Wise Words From the Elder
Dad I loved one of your questions that you asked this week and it was actually something that i wanted to talk about today in my blog. The question you asked dad is "Do people ask you about America? In general how to Aussies feel about there own country?" First to answer your question yes a lot of people ask us about America and they talk to us a lot about guns and our gun laws haha Aussies don't like guns. Haha Aussies have a lot of pride and love their country and love Australia but they don't mind America haha cuz so many of the cultures and traditions from America are over here.
The big topic lately of course has been the elections and it has exploded last week since Donald Trump is our new President. No one around here knows what to think about it. But that's what I wanted to talk about today for just a minute. Now for everybody that will read this whether you are pro President Trump or not remember what we are taught in Primary in the Articles of Faith. Article of Faith 12 "We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law." How awesome is this! I love it because however your feelings about the elections and the outcome remember who we are and what we believe. The Church has already came out and said that they congratulate and support our new president. One word that really stuck out to me in the 12th Article of Faith was the word "sustaining." Do we sustain our new president and support him, do we love him as God loves him. It is so sad to see so many people talk bad about a man or about a country that in all reality is run by God. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is in our lives, He is a part of our lives, and He has a plan. Remember to act in Faith and it will all work out. Sustain our leaders Church and Government leaders and the Lord has promised us He will bless us and our families and that's what we all want right.:) Remember the Articles of Faith haha great stuff in those 13 verses from our Prophet Joseph Smith. :) Well anyways back to your other questions dad.:)
Questions
Yep I have gotten very comfortable driving on the left side of the road and when I think about it now and it seems weird to be on the other side so haha it will be different to go back to the right side of the road.:)
Yep a lot of people are nice to us of course you always get those nasty mean people but for the most part they are nice. It's a nice town in Merimbula.
Haha what kind of food do I really want? Well the trouble is I don't think you can help me with it but I am really in the mood for a big American Hamburger with a load of fries (not chips lol) and a big chocolate milkshake.:) I also do miss just a good barbecue steak and some dutch oven potatoes haha but I will survive. I also miss cheetoh's and keebler fudge striped cookies. Maybe yous can send those in the next package I reckon those would make it over fine haha maybe I don't know whatever is easiest for you guys. I am doing good though and loving the fish down here on the coast. This past week we had lunch with one of the members and her husband who is a non-member loves to go fishing and so for lunch that day we had fish that he went out and caught on his boat that morning. Haha doesn't get fresher then that! Good stuff!:)
Stand Firm in the Faith
Wow that is so cool that picture that you sent dad that's in the commons at Sky View. I never thought in a million years anything like that would happen to me and man oh man just what an honour. The Lord is just blessing my life so much out on my mission and back home what a blessing it is. Just like I said last week and how true it is, Faith brings Blessings. As we serve the Lord He will take care of us and our family. I love the verse is D&C 82:10 and how true it is "I the Lord am bound when you do what I say but when you do not what I say ye have no promise."
| This is the photo Mom and Dad just discovered that has been hanging at Sky View for the past year. |
Thank you so much mum and dad for all that you guys do for me and once again for the awesome emails today they have meant and helped a lot and yous even made me tear up. Can't wait to see you guys for Skype on Christmas I miss you guys but love my mission and I have never once regretted my decision to come out and serve the Lord and the people of Australia they are changing my life. Love yous all have a great week this week and Stand Firm in the Faith.
Love Elder Stott :)
| A day of hiking with the Shoobridge's and D_____. |
| A friend they found under their car. They thinks it's an Echidna. (spiny anteater, National Geographic says it's one of the most rarest animals in the world. It's only one of two known mammals that lay eggs) Watch a cool video about Echidnas here. |
| Their car and the Branch and Family History Center |
No comments:
Post a Comment