Monday, March 14, 2016

Just Another Week



The Work

Hi family haha man the weeks go by in a blink of an eye.  Another P-day and time to email again.  This week has been a good week but its hard because the work is very slow right now.  C____ has been sick all this past week and so it has been hard to get to see him.  We appreciate your prayers for him and I pray for him all the time and I know that whatever does happen will happen in the Lord's time and in the way the Lord wants it to happen.
We also had a baptism this last Sunday it was for a girl that turned 8 and got baptized.:)  We tried to get C____ to it but he was still sick.  The work has been pretty slow lately but were working with a lot of Less Actives to try to get them to come back and were just trying to find those that are ready to receive the gospel. 

 
  
 Friends and Brothers

So to finish off celebrating my birthday last Monday on P-day after emails and shopping we went and played bowling and laser tag.  Haha it was way fun and everybody in our flat we are becoming best friends.  We all get along and have so much fun together.  Its so nice when you have a hard day with not really anything go on to go home and the end of the day and have some fun with some of my best friends.  I am growing so many friendships out here on my mission and I hope they will last after our missions as well.  Haha me and Elder Delahunty are becoming bestest friends!!!  We are hoping that we can become companions next transfer haha but we will have to see.  We had trade-offs this past week and since Elder Delahunty is the District Leader we got to be companions for a day.  Haha it was so much fun and it is just so awesome to grow such good friendships out here.

Elder Delahunty, one of Dalton's Flatmates


Grilling up a Birthday Feast!



   
Love My Companion

Me and Elder Plata are still doing great!!  I love him and out of all of my companions so far we teach the best together.  When we teach a lesson we feed off each other and it just flows so good and the spirit is always there when we teach.  Haha Elder Plata does teach me patience though because he does do things a little different sometimes but patience is always a good thing to learn. :) 


Elder Plata, Dalton's Companion. Birthday Feast #1

Birthday Feast #2. Elder Plata is an EXCELLENT cook!

   


The Members Take Excellent Care of Us

One of the families in our ward the W's are awesome!!  There an older couple in there 50's but Sister W_____ is the relief society president but she watches over us missionaries and takes care of us.  But this past week she had us over for dinner and man it just hit the spot.  It was when me and Elder Delahunty were on trade-offs haha and it took both of us back home.  It was just like a Sunday meal back home and it was great!!!:)

   

Footy and Rugby

So every Friday night our ward does touch footy in the evening.  So it's just like rugby but it's touch instead of tackle and it's way fun!  I'm starting to get pretty good I scored 2 tries this last Friday haha but it's always scary when you have the big islander's running towards you even though it's touch it's still scary.:) 
 

My most favorite thing about Australia I don't know if I can pick one but two of them are meat pies and rugby.  Rugby is so much fun and the season is just starting up so everybody is getting excited right now.  Me and Elder Delahunty want to make a club back home for touch footy.
 
Dalton's Fancy Footy Shoes




 Questions & Answers 
We Asked, He Answered


Tired?
I am feeling good but ya I have been tired lately.  I don't know why. I have been sleeping good at nights haha I guess it's the aussie sun it just takes it right out of you and man when is it going to cool down here.:)  It's just so hot all the time haha but I guess I'll keep sweating it out.  

Clothes Holding Up?
All my clothes are still doing good ya I need some new short sleeve shirts so ya that would work I can just go buy some on a p-day so don't worry about sending any I'll just go to the mall on a p-day and buy a few more short sleeve shirts.  Oh ya the mall here is HUGE!!!!  It's so cool and has some really cool stores in it.  Last p-day me and Elder Delahunty went into this one store and both him and me love ties and this store had these sweet as ties haha but they were $60 :( it was crazy $60 for a tie!! So we just looked and then wanted to buy one but we didn't.  

How's the 10 Week Transfer?
The 10 week transfer is going good this is the start of week 6 and ya it's long but it's still going by fast.  

Spiders or Snakes?
Ya we have seen a lot of spiders a couple pretty big huntsman spiders but no snakes there not really in the city just out in the bush.  

Which Way Does the Water Go Down the Toilet?
Haha the toilets here don't really go any certain way they just go straight down.:)  Haha I'll pay attention this week and get back to you next week.:) 


Wise Words From the Elder
 
I'm having fun and still loving life.  There are times as missionaries when it's hard or times when it's easy and everything is going your way and there are times when your really busy with the work and other times when it is just kind of slow this is the same for life not just as a missionary but we need to remember to love all of the times not just the good times when things are going your way.  When it is slow be grateful for that and take advantage of that.  When it is busy be grateful for all that you are able to do and keep a good attitude.  When times are tough remember that it is when it is the most hard is when we learn and grown the most.  Be grateful for all the times and cherish all of them and make memories that will last forever.  This life is an adventure and it is suppose to be a fun adventure so make it fun, make memories, but remember who created it all and made it all possible and thank Him everyday for that.  I love all of you guys and thanks for everything.

Love Elder Stott


More Birthday Photos

Happy 19th Birthday!

Patiently waiting to open the birthday package from home.

A birthday feast prepared with love
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment