Staying or Going????????
Well here we are another transfer gone man time
flies I just can't believe I have been out 3 months already. Haha Elder
Leal is a math guy so he was crunching some numbers for me and he said i'm 1/8
of the way done with my mission. I thought about that for a second and
man that's crazy time just flies so quick especially when your having fun and
I'm having the time of my life. Oh ya so transfer details...I GET TO STAY
IN MUDGEE :):):):):):):):) I'm super excited I know the Lord has called
me to be in Mudgee for another 6 weeks and I am going to work my tail off to
find that reason. Also me and Elder Leal get to stay companions :) I'm so
excited I love that guy he is awesome and I'm way pumped to serve with him for
another 6 weeks.
![]() |
| Sweet Hats!!!! |
D.L. What?
The Lord
and President Back have called me to be a District Leader this transfer man I
was surprised when I received that phone call. My third transfer and
District Leader but I know and I found this out last transfer that the Lord can
help us with anything. Last transfer I was so scared because I was
training after 6 weeks and now I am a District Leader but I know that the Lord
will help us with our callings and he won't let us mess up. We have the
best teacher in the world The Holy Ghost and he will lead and guide us on how
we should fulfill our callings. Elder Stevenson said in conference
"even the best feel inadequate." I know this is true all of us
feel inadequate sometimes but if we turn to the Lord he will be there to help
us. I encourage all those that have callings including myself to step it
up. We can all do more. The missionary purpose is to "invite
others to come unto Christ" but that is not just the purpose for
missionaries that is the purpose for all of us. We all feel inadequate
just like an Apostle of the Lord said but if we turn to the Lord for help he
will help us fulfill our callings and go over the top and become disciples of
Christ. Hey Dad or Caleb or anybody if you have any tips for me on being
a District Leader I can use all the help I can get. Haha we have the
coolest district though. :) We have I think the smallest district in the
mission. Haha it is me and my companion a companionship of Sister
missionaries in Bathurst and a companionship of Sister missionaries in Cowra.:)
Haha everybody is calling me the relief society president because the
only missionaries in the district are Sisters haha it's all good though it'll
be way fun and I am excited to serve.
Golfing?????
Man this past week has been crazy. The
last week of the transfer is always crazy because everybody is just waiting for
Saturday because that's when we find out if were going anywhere. But this
past p-day we got to go golfing!!!!!!:):):):) Man it was so much fun I
didn't think I was gonna get to go golfing at all on my mission but I was so
blessed to be able to go. I stunk of course man I was awful but it was so
much fun. It was kind of different because I am getting so used to
missionary work all the time and then I got to do something that I love to do
it was nice to take a break.
Teaching and Preaching!
Our investigators that we have right now are
doing good they have been really busy so we haven't met a whole lot with them
but we did teach one lesson this past week and it was AMAZING!!!!! We
taught a lady named M_____ and her daughter S_____. We taught them about
the Book of Mormon and she wondered why we needed it if we already have the
Bible. We talked to her and you could just see it in her eyes click it
was amazing!!! She also talked at the end about how she felt like she was
at church. She goes to church every once in a while to a Baptist church
and she said everytime she goes there she feels good and then she said at the
end of our lesson she felt that same thing. It was amazing the Spirit is
so strong and can do so much for people in there lives.
Thanksgiving, Christmas can't wait!!
I'm glad everything is going good back home man November is half over can't believe it time goes so fast. I'm super sad that I get to miss out on Thanksgiving but I guess in 2 years it will make it that much better. :) Can't believe Christmas is coming up so excited to see you guys and actually talk it'll be so much fun. So details on Christmas so far: earlier in the week of Christmas we have a big Christmas Conference down in Sydney where the whole mission gets together and we have a conference and have food and I think we get to watch a movie.:) That'll be sweet haha that's one thing I miss is TV and movies. And then Christmas day is the one day of the year that we get a day off even more of a day off then P-Day. We don't have to do any studies and we can sleep in for as long as we want. Haha that'll be the best I can finally sleep in :) haha no getting up at 6:30 isn't so bad anymore. I think we might do something with the members but I don't know for sure yet. We get to skype the day after Christmas here so Christmas back in America. I don't know what time yet so hopefully I'll get some details on that so I can let you know around what time I'll be calling home. Haha man it's gonna be so weird seeing you guys I haven't seen you guys for 3 months it's gonna be so much fun I'm so excited!!!!!!:) Anyways that's about all I know for Christmas so far I'll let you know if I hear anymore. Anyways I gotta get going E___ is taking us golfing again!!!!!:) And I'm gonna bring my A-game today;) Love you guys thanks for everything I'm doing awesome I love my mission and everyday goes by and I want to serve longer.
Wise Words from the Elder
I think
sometimes we forget how blessed we are to have the gift of the Holy Ghost in
our lives. The constant companionship of the Holy Ghost is the best
blessing we can receive. We are so blessed to have it's guidance and
comfort in our lives. I invite you to take extra time in your week this
week to pay attention and listen for promptings of the spirit. The Holy
Ghost gives little quiet promptings and we have to be listening and paying attention
to hear them. The Holy Ghost can guide all of us down the happiest path
we just have to listen. See you next month talk to you next week. Be safe
Love Elder
Stott
![]() |
| Orange District picnic at a park! Datlon's own style of hang loose. |


No comments:
Post a Comment